Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
@Ramya I was also wondering about those cottage like appearances. Vishwamitra even paid respect to one of them. But not sure. Anyone else in the forum have any idea please post it in the thread. 
Yes the teaching sector in last 20 years doesnt have the quality which our generation got. Many come to teaching as the last option or as an option where you can manage work and family compared to other fields. The real passionate teachers are missing. 
Also the opening up of IT sector and the perks associated with it have made our education stream so science oriented, with liberal arts given less importance. If you look at South India one generation is completely  into IT sector whether they like it or doesnt like it. And I have even heard that some colleges in Andhra have stop giving options itself for 3rd group. Without arts, too much concentration on physical science have created an inner void and many are realizing it now. But the correction will be a long drawn process. 

Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: Hope someone can clear the doubt abt the place.
Yes, our generation was completely turned to the direction of IT. The major problem which we face today is the versatility skills of teachers. Guru vashistha asked vishwamitra to teach the divya astras to Ram in a sense directing the right path for the student. We lack even such broad minded teachers nowadays.

Hope the govt focus on placement with only merit in coming days for the bright future of our next generation.

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@Ramya I was also wondering about those cottage like appearances. Vishwamitra even paid respect to one of them. But not sure. Anyone else in the forum have any idea please post it in the thread. 

Yes the teaching sector in last 20 years doesnt have the quality which our generation got. Many come to teaching as the last option or as an option where you can manage work and family compared to other fields. The real passionate teachers are missing. 
Also the opening up of IT sector and the perks associated with it have made our education stream so science oriented, with liberal arts given less importance. If you look at South India one generation is completely  into IT sector whether they like it or doesnt like it. And I have even heard that some colleges in Andhra have stop giving options itself for 3rd group. Without arts, too much concentration on physical science have created an inner void and many are realizing it now. But the correction will be a long drawn process. 

han.. seems like there is a story behind those cottage like things
I am curious too
-Vishakha- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ramyalaxmi

@Shruthi: yes a good student can only be a good teacher. That is the problem we face now. Mostly the people in teaching sectors are not really interested in it and they entered with no other option. With what interest they will teach the students? A person with 60% knowlegde can only transfer 30-40% to next generation. Those with real brilliance are unfortunately not in teaching area.

By the way, I asked about those small cottage like appearance?

As per my knowledge becoz of vishwamitra vashistha 100 sons got killed. Wen vishwamitra was king he had asked for nandini cow (kamadhenu's calf) from vashishtha. But vashishtha refused so becoz this animosity later vishwamitra made sure vashishtha 100 sons get killed as revenge
I guess in their rememberence vashishtha built those cottages. 
So vishwamitra paid his respect there!

b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Nice discussion, all.
The gurus convo in yesterday's episode was good.

I guess those structures to be samadhis of Vashishta's (1000) sons, whom Vishwamitra had killed in the past.
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Vishakha-

As per my knowledge becoz of vishwamitra vashistha 100 sons got killed. Wen vishwamitra was king he had asked for nandini cow (kamadhenu's calf) from vashishtha. But vashishtha refused so becoz this animosity later vishwamitra made sure vashishtha 100 sons get killed as revenge
I guess in their rememberence vashishtha built those cottages. 
So vishwamitra paid his respect there!

Thank u vishakha for the info
willina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
beautiful info and insight once again...loved reading it!
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you Visakha and Bharati akka. I knew that some war happened over kamadhenu's calf but was unaware vashistha's sons got killed in that war. 
shivamala thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Your are absolutely right. 
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful message Shruti didi😃