Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
Hello everyone !!
Thank you all of u for all ur wishes as its the time it is needed most.
He is best FIL anyone can get . From giving me a call 6:30 in the morning if I don't wake up to get Vedika ready for school, or scolding my husband in my behalf or taking my side in front of my MIL
I will remember him in every moment of my life and will miss him like hell..
My day started by seeing his face and ended with checking his BP
In between also giving him medicines giving him insulin...

I can talk n talk bout him!!
Well didn't tell here before coz I thought it's a celebration mood here in Sosy
Didn't wanted to ruin it

Again thankx a lot for all ur support..
moonwearer thumbnail
Heartfelt sympathies Sonal. Stay strong
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Jas

I hear the 100 top US Universities systematically, deliberately and consciously shun Desi, and Asian kids
Thats all you need when you apply, check the box that says Asian or South East Asian the application flies into the toilet😆

I guess Desis and Asians need to suck up and take the blame for it
Just like parents homicidally go after Board exam scores in India they have started doing the same here. Some even...Renting art galleries to display their kids' shitty art
Donating big money to charity so their kids can be taken to Cambodia for summer and "look poor" in pictures.
Hire the best private coaches to get 540 and 1520 and 30 and what not on SAT and ACT.

Indians aur Asians ko koi goal de do they will suck the life out of that goal, they will unemotionally shred it to pieces in order to get that admission😆
Ivies see through that shit

Its like Arora Coaching Center and Gupta Excellence Center in Delhi

Hum Desi  kisi cheez ke peechhe pad jaayen to uska satyanaash karke chhodte hain😆

Plus we have the added support of Asians in this destructive mission

Ivies notice that when they see our kids' apps I guess
They want nothing to do with us
In my 20 years in my red neck town I dont know of ONE Desi kid that went to Stanford or Ivies from here
I know a bunch of blood thirsty parents though😆

I know of many 8 year olds in Multi Variate? Calculus? and Differential Equations, in some "mega, ultra, super, special, astronomically advanced elementary schools" their kids go to.

Harvard and Princeton will not touch them with  a barge pole👏

Those kids dont have TVs in their homes and do 9 hours of Math on weekends

Jas, my oldest will head to college in Aug 2017.

Nisha - Good luck to you and your son - Big year with SAT/ACT etc this year and essays next year !!!

I have seen some of my friends invest 50K/year in the prep school that claim to be Princeton/UPenn feeder and end up in Rutgers or other state schools.

One of my other friend is sending her kid to private catholic school (15K/year) as she thinks it will open up his chances to all these dotted Catholic colleges.

My other friend sent their kid to Brown for summer courses spending 10s of thousands to see if that will help secure a seat. She goes to Georgetown.

The kid needs to luck out.  There are tons of other colleges out that are worth far more.

At one point in time early in my career, I was working with a PhD from Columbia. Felt a little dinged when they brought him into the team as Senior developer.  Columbia vs Coimbatore grad ! Guess what - I put all the effort and i got promoted that year 😆.  Sometime it doesnt matter where they go but the attitude they have.

I proudly send mine to public school in desi ada.  I feel that itself is enough pressure. She is a good kid, bright kid and will survive in life no matter where she goes (She wont need an IVY League badge). 

Infact she told me over the weekend - Amma what if i work hard and go crazy, get into a good school and then dont know what to do in college and rest of my life. I was moved by that innocent question. I felt guilty that I didnt talk to her beyond college.  Life is much bigger and as a mom, I need to teach other things to keep her groundedd. But I want her to have fun and life experiences😊. 

To all the desi moms out there who struggle like me, a little self mock.  My kids gave a new acronym to us- IBCA (Indian Born Confused American 😆)

Have a good day all !!! Off to read the wonderful tale that binds us together😊.

blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Sonal 🤗

Prayers for your family and deepest condolences.Edited by blue5sky - 8 years ago
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
My heartfelt condolences Sonal...🤗
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Fathers (in law) & Daughters (in law)

(This is a tribute to Sonal's FIL. Sonal, may you cherish every happy moment you have had the good fortune of sharing with the man. I have known hundreds of father in laws, its very rare to  find man so good.
Good people are far and few, you lucked out Sonal!! Hope u are able to narrate as much as possible about him to the kids so they never forget him)

Monday evening after work, was relaxed, the aunts visited Chachu, so Mahavir didnt have to cook up a storm
II worked sitting on a comfy formal living room couch, wrapped in a blanket. No one was home, she was home early at 6, there were signs of Manya in the house
Her expensive LV leather bracelets, her watch, her wallet lay strewn in places
II let them be
She called Akka as she booted her computer

Akka hadnt said much about her feelings of envy to II
She appeared normal and cheerful through the event

"Come over for dinner ka" II begged

"Enna velayadreya? Ur SIL is there" Akka said

"shes not even home"

"Well thats because she must be out with Makarand" Akka mocked

"Who will guard the border if he wanders with her, he went back this morning I think"

"How is Mukund?" II asked

"Avanukku enna dee, hes like his parents blessed with the "comfy chair" life" Akka lamented

"You wont let me help with Shubhang" II grieved

"U want to hire someone like Sofia for him at Rs.50,000? a month?" "Naanga rendu perum bondi ayiduvom" (we will go bankrupt)

DONT SAY THAT
LET ME PAY
OR ATLEAST LET ME PAY HALF
IT CAN BE BALDIE'S "TENNIS LESSON"

"Its not like a simple tennis lesson no? Tennis costs Rs.5000 a month, nanny costs 10 times that much" Akka caught II's train of thought

"Is Athai leaving?" II asked

"shubh shubh bol" Akka scolded

"I am sorry"

"Her son and DIL arent too happy in NOIDA, Bala knows that, but we are in a bind" Akka said

"I am supposed to not even talk with u" II reminded

"Yenn dee?"" Akka asked

"U never came to stay over at D II" II mumbled

AYYYO!!
WHAT WILL IT TAKE FOR YOU TO
JUSTTT
SHUT UP?
FOR ONCE?
I AM BEGGING YOU

Dont talk, its not like u dont have people on ur side, there are TWO sisters in law" Akka reminded bluntly, but gently

"How mean"

"Its the truth, they have u covered, ur FIL is a friend too, u can not talk for weeks and not miss me"

"Dont say that ka" II begged

They both exchanged silence

"Did your family like the event?" Akka asked slowly

"I dont know... the two aunts speak thick Punjabi I dont understand much, they smile and hug me so I think they like me, but I didnt ask how much they liked. Sam loves everything"

"Half of Delhi had turned up no" Akka pointed

"I told Amma and Appa they shudnt do such a big function, they didnt listen"

"they are so affluent, Amma Appa must be feeling like they need to maintain their position too" Akka said

"I dont think these people worry about all that"

"Thats noble of u to say kanna" Akka cut her off

"R&B has never suggested anything" II defended him

"He doenst have to, in our circles his presence alone is enough for people to speculate he is way out of our league" Akka said

"They are good people" II insisted

"I know... but people that dont know them will see the scandal and their wealth, the only two things the world sees" Akka spoke softly

"My FIL is so sweet he sat by me last night at dinner and told me, he will take time off and baby sit" II chuckled

"Cho chweet. Inge kozhandai 10 nimisham azhuda kooda they cant hear it" (the baby cries for 10 minutes also they cant hear it)

Akka sighed

"But they are adorable, Thatha (Bala's Dad) told me yesterday, he wakes up with his pera kozhandai (grand baby) and goes to bed with him" II gushed

"Ya he meant to say he takes that many naps during the day" Akka joked half cynically

"He TOLD me that ka" II's tone was compassionate "He said we compete with each other as to who can take longer
naps, and thus far, HE (thatha) is winning he claimed" II giggled

"They love him di" Akka stretched..

II did not say "Learn to be happy with what u have akka"

Akka did not say "I wish I had ur life"

"He used to knock on the door the first year after marriage, because Bala and I would sleep through the alarm, after early morning"Akka mumbled

"I knowww you told me" II smiled "Hes too sweet no?"

"He had a private company job at Nehru Place, my horoscope name is Subhashree no, he will knock repeatedly and say "Shuba college ku time achu" (time for u to go to work)" Akka chuckled

"I remember u saying Athim wud say "Tu ja bahar aur jo bhi hai Shuba usko bhej andar" II alughed heartily

"He will bring samosa from Nehru Place, when I was pregnant" Akka's tone softened

"Amma said when Sam had visited you once when u were pregnant, they both cried asking Sam to pray for a safe delivery for u" II choked up

"Vandu saaptala" he will ask every meal (did my bahu eat?) Akka said smugly

"In this house if I dont eat nobody will ever know" II gently mocked her sasural in jest in order to make Akka feel proud

"They are good di, I just feel we could afford more then we dont have to trouble them" Akka admitted softly

"they love you more than they will ever love Ambala Manni" 😳II said smugly

"Amma taaye, u will get me into trouble" Akka whispered conspiratorially, albeit enjoying that praise😳

"Thatha always says "engathu Vandu" (OUR Vandu") II gushed

"I know it pisses Appa off he says "U shud have had ur own daughter, why are u stealing mine" Akka laughed hysterically😳

taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
What can one say sonal, words are never enough at this time. Time is the only healer. Be by your family's side, ensure that they grieve, because unfortunately life needs to go on and past needs to be put away. Cruel but true. We live in constant fear of losing a beloved one, but however much we prepare ourselves, when it happens its devastating. My heartfelt condolences and take care.
RedGarnet thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sorry for your loss Sonal! My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Nisha - That was a nice talk after a long time between Akka and II ! Good job II trying to make Akka feel better. Sometimes u need to let yourself down a little bit to make your loved one feel better.
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
It was lovely and heart touching Nisha
So very thanks for this and yes no matter wht FIL 's
Are for sure fathers in sasural for girls
They r blessing in disguise...

No one can take his place!!