Mythological Masti

Lord Shiva fell in love twice?

Lifebeautifulso thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Hi all, 
I read somewhere he knows Sati is in Parvati's form? I also read he fell in love with parvati and they don't mention whether he knows Parvati is Sati's rebirth or he miss Sati after he married Parvati.  To be honest Im interested in knowing that as I read Lord Shiva was very sad with Sati's death, I can't believe that he forgot her so easily. Friends, anyone knows something about that?
Edited by Lifebeautifulso - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Well my knowledge about Lord Shiva tells me that after Sati's death, Lord Shiva was heartbroken and he went into a state of deep meditation. He then got married to Parvati with the knowledge that it's Sati who is reborn as Mata Parvati.
This content was originally posted by: DelusionalMe

Well my knowledge about Lord Shiva tells me that after Sati's death, Lord Shiva was heartbroken and he went into a state of deep meditation. He then got married to Parvati with the knowledge that it's Sati who is reborn as Mata Parvati.

Thanks Delusional for your input very much ðŸ˜Š honestly I hope what you wrote is right, I read that somewhere but I also read that Lord loves Parvati when he is impressed with her devotion and they don't mention whether he thought about Sati anymore. 
I know Sati was dead and Lord had right to move on. and if someone loves him dearly, it is good for him, even if he insists on loving only Sati and refuses all others it would be little stone cold. But it is difficult for me to accept that you could be with another one when you loves someone so much.  

So ideally for me, Godness Parvati would know that she is Sati's rebirth and is more determined to win Lord Shiva's heart. Likewise, Lord Shiva would know Parvati is Sati's rebirth and accept to marry her. If he falls for Parvati it is because he sees Sati in Parvati and he knows she is his Sati.

And there would be something like only Sati loves Lord so much that makes Lord fall for her. And once again she comes back to life to love Lord. I read that a Godness -Parashakti got emotion when some Lord plead so she was born as Sati to love Shiva. Seeing her father insult Lord she decided to die and free Parashakti and Parashakti will come back to Lord Shiva again in Parvati's form. 
I know that sound hype but I don't mean that another girl couldn't love Lord Shiva Parashakti loves Lord Shiva. And the fact is till Sati came to life they don't meantion that someone loved Lord Shiva or Lord loved someone.
Even if many other girls loves Lord Shiva so much, the thing is Lord shiva loves Sati too, so others can't expect love from Lord Shiva.

Sadly things chnged when Sati was dead. So ideally Lord Shiva fell for Parvati because she is Sati. 
Again I run into a vicious circle ðŸ˜ƒ

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
Seems like you are an ardent devotee of Lord Shiva or may be it's only the beginning and you are intrigued. Well whatever be the case, I would love to talk about lord Shiva. So bring it on. I will share what I have read or heard about Shiv ji from elders.

what I heard from someone was that Brahma ji wanted to create the this world but to continue the cycle of birth and death he needed one male and one female. Shivji being ardhanareshwar, was half men and half women. So Brahmaji requested Shivji to separate that naari portion from himself in order to continue the cycle of life, birth and death. Shivji did what was requested and it is said that after the separation Lord Shiva grew restless. So Brahma ji ordered his son Daksha to impress the Maata by tap and ask her to be born as his daughter and that is how Sati was born to Daksha.
well whatever I mentioned above ^^ is based on some narration by an elder and what was shown in Devon ke Dev Mahadev. I have read Mahashivpuran but I don't remember reading exactly what I wrote above. 😕

Besides, Lord Shiva already knew about Sati's fate that is why he didn't want her to go into that yagya organised by his father. And to answer your question if Lord Shiva fell in love twice, I would say yes, but with the same women.

do you have any more doubts in your mind?? Bring it on girl.Edited by DelusionalMe - 8 years ago
Thanks Delusional.😊 I came across Lord Shiva's story and just wonder if love's God is ideal. In my religion Gods don't marry and there is no husband and wife relationship when it comes to God or Godness.
If a normal person loves somone when their spouse dies, I wouldn't fee strange. Even sometimes they just move on and leave the past, somehow whether they still love their ex spouse or not it just doesn't matter. 
if I talk purely about love then I think God wouldn't feel weak for beauty or has to move on like human. just one thing makes it hard to think is God could love and be loyal to one lover but all Lords' mission is protecting and making your devotees happy, so God could evenmove on like that ðŸ˜•

I read some online sources, it's not reliable much. I know DKDM show but I couldn't watch the whole story. It requires a lot of effort...  a little lazy ðŸ˜ƒ.  I saw some title and it looks like they didn't mention about if Sati is Parvati or not. And Parvati reborn again and she marred Lord again. She still looked the same in her next birth while Sati's appearance and Parvati are different.

I read that Lord Shiva knew that Sati would be hurt when she came home but he couldn't do anything. I wonder if he knew Sati is his Shakti? did he know Sati will be back again? 

Could Lord make Sati alive again? he has power?

Did you watch the show? Did Lord know Sati is Parvati? if parvati is not Sati, did Lord sometimes miss Sati or had some memory about her? After all based on what I read, Sati, the first girl who is a princess loved Lord in spite of many difference. I remember I read somewhere" Lord Shiva told to Sati in their Wedding day that he loves her so much as she loves him. you know, Lord may not pay attention to marriage or relationship but just like human it is beautiful when you knows someone love you dearly. If we think Lord married Sati because he returned her dedication,  It not wrong but I can't believe Lord lost his sense and went carzy after Sati's dearth. Well, Sati won his heart and he loved her so much. 

That's why it's hard to believe he could love another girl again. Even Lord shiva said that he wouldn't marry again.

Anyway, Thanks you so much. I couldn't reply soon as Im confused very much.

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Lifebeautifulso

Thanks Delusional.😊 I came across Lord Shiva's story and just wonder if love's God is ideal.

Well tbh I followed Mahadev and after that I felt close to Lord Shiva spiritually and was intrigued to learn more about him. I scoured the net, checked various sites to learn about him. So was asking you about the doubts you had, thought I could help with the little knowledge I have. ðŸ˜Š
 In my religion Gods don't marry and there is no husband and wife relationship when it comes to God or Godness.
So what religion you belong to, just curious to know. 
If a normal person loves somone when their spouse dies, I wouldn't fee strange. Even sometimes they just move on and leave the past, somehow whether they still love their ex spouse or not it just doesn't matter. 
^^Well whatever you mentioned above, I agree to it. Though it takes time to get over your ex, I would avoid using "forgetting your ex" because that's something I don't approve of, but it's life and you need to move on.
if I talk purely about love then I think God wouldn't feel weak for beauty or has to move on like human. just one thing makes it hard to think is God could love and be loyal to one lover but all Lords' mission is protecting and making your devotees happy, so God could evenmove on like that ðŸ˜•
I don't know about other religions, but if we talk about Hinduism, I have read about several Gods or devtas who had married more than one women so and some loved each of their wives equally while other didn't. About Lord Shiva, he married twice but I like to believe and say that he married the same woman twice and fell in love with her again only. Sati was reborn as Parvati so he actually married the same woman imo.

I read some online sources, it's not reliable much. I know DKDM show but I couldn't watch the whole story. It requires a lot of effort...  a little lazy ðŸ˜ƒ.  I saw some title and it looks like they didn't mention about if Sati is Parvati or not. And Parvati reborn again and she marred Lord again. She still looked the same in her next birth while Sati's appearance and Parvati are different.
I watched DKMD till the end but I missed a lot of it when they changed the girl who played Parvati. I felt disconnected after it. But as far as I remember, they did mention the fact that Sati was reborn as Parvati and it was destined to happen. Besides, I agree that Parvati didn't look like Sati because they opted for a different girl to play the role which is fine with me.

I read that Lord Shiva knew that Sati would be hurt when she came home but he couldn't do anything. I wonder if he knew Sati is his Shakti? did he know Sati will be back again? 
As I mentioned before, Sati getting burned in that yagya was destined to happen and yes, Lord Shiva already knew it that's why he tried to stop her but she didn't listen.

Well to the longest time, I used to wonder why Lord Shiva didn't bring Sati to life again. He must have the powers. They questioned haunted me in my childhood when mom used to narrate me the stories. But now, I understand why he didn't do that. This is the chakra  of life, birth and death and God wouldn't bend the rules for himself. What example he would set? Right?

Did you watch the show? Did Lord know Sati is Parvati? if parvati is not Sati, did Lord sometimes miss Sati or had some memory about her? After all based on what I read, Sati, the first girl who is a princess loved Lord in spite of many difference. I remember I read somewhere" Lord Shiva told to Sati in their Wedding day that he loves her so much as she loves him. you know, Lord may not pay attention to marriage or relationship but just like human it is beautiful when you knows someone love you dearly. If we think Lord married Sati because he returned her dedication,  It not wrong but I can't believe Lord lost his sense and went carzy after Sati's dearth. Well, Sati won his heart and he loved her so much. 
I watched the show and they did point that it's Sati who is reborn as Parvati. They never showed that Lord missed sati, though at times they showed Mahadev having flashbacks of Sati and I don't understand why would he miss her when she was with him as parvati. Lord Shiva didn't want to marry Sati initially even though he loved her because he knew that Sati won't live a life like Mahadev does being a princess but Sati convinced him to marry her.

That's why it's hard to believe he could love another girl again. Even Lord shiva said that he wouldn't marry again.
I don't know much though but for me, Lord Shiva is an ideal husband for me. I believe he married the only woman he loved, though twice. I don't know what others think or believe but that is what I believe and I would stick with it.

Anyway, Thanks you so much. I couldn't reply soon as Im confused very much.

my answers above in red. I tried to answer to the best of my knowledge. I hope it helps.
Edited by DelusionalMe - 8 years ago
Hi Delusional ðŸ˜Š Im a Buddhist.
I searched about him too but interenet source sounds not reliable much. There are some difference in each stories. I still couldn't read all Lord Shiva's story. 
One more thing, was Lord Shiva and Sati's marriage last sometime? some say they just mararried a few days and Sati died, some says they live sometime together.
I heard we shouldn't believe in fiction show, sometimes they don't show original story

I agree with you too, something lives in our heart, life goes on we try to love again. 

btwI just know my post was sent to a new forum, thought it was a wrong post ðŸ˜ƒ
Thank you very much, maybe it will take sometime for me to read more about Lord's story. 
May I ask you a favor? 😃if I find something could I pm you and we will come here to discuss? don't know the exact time as im stuck with some work these days.

Glitter_In_Eye thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Lifebeautifulso

Hi Delusional ðŸ˜Š Im a Buddhist.

I searched about him too but interenet source sounds not reliable much. There are some difference in each stories. I still couldn't read all Lord Shiva's story. 
One more thing, was Lord Shiva and Sati's marriage last sometime? some say they just mararried a few days and Sati died, some says they live sometime together.
I heard we shouldn't believe in fiction show, sometimes they don't show original story

I agree with you too, something lives in our heart, life goes on we try to love again. 

btwI just know my post was sent to a new forum, thought it was a wrong post ðŸ˜ƒ
Thank you very much, maybe it will take sometime for me to read more about Lord's story. 
May I ask you a favor? 😃if I find something could I pm you and we will come here to discuss? don't know the exact time as im stuck with some work these days.

Same here. I searched the net but some sites are not reliable. I read Mahashivpuran but it states a few things that are entirely different than what was shown on DKMD or have heard from elders. Sometimes I get so confused.

I think after they got married, tey didn't get to spend much time together and the unfortunate incidence happened and maati Sati was burnt alive in that hawan agni

Wow good to learn that you are a Buddhist. Buddhism has always attracted my interest. Where are you from? India?

And I would love to hear from you. You can pm me anytime. And happy New Year.

Hi Im back again, I just see your edition, want to make something clear in pov too.

As I mentioned before, Sati getting burned in that yagya was destined to happen and yes, Lord Shiva already knew it that's why he tried to stop her but she didn't listen.

I mean did he know Sati would be reborn? because if he let her go when he was not sure about it, then it would be so misfortune for God as he knew his beloved wife would die but coudn't protect her😭

Well to the longest time, I used to wonder why Lord Shiva didn't bring Sati to life again. He must have the powers. They questioned haunted me in my childhood when mom used to narrate me the stories. But now, I understand why he didn't do that. This is the chakra  of life, birth and death and God wouldn't bend the rules for himself. What example he would set? Right?
Honestly, I wouldn't ask this question if I didn't read that Lord made all people he killed like Sati's father alive again. In fact, I found a little weird as Lord had so much responsibility and lived a very different life from human but he still loved and married a human. That breaks some barriers, I thought Lord couldn't do magic then I came to know he had so much power. But as you pointed rightly even God couldn't bend rules for himself.   I like your explanation very much.

I watched the show and they did point that it's Sati who is reborn as Parvati. They never showed that Lord missed sati, though at times they showed Mahadev having flashbacks of Sati and I don't understand why would he miss her when she was with him as parvati. Lord Shiva didn't want to marry Sati initially even though he loved her because he knew that Sati won't live a life like Mahadev does being a princess but Sati convinced him to marry her.
hjhj, If Lord already knew Sati is reborn as Parvati then my question is senseless ðŸ˜ƒ
just one more thing, when did he know Parvati is Sati's rebirth? Before he married or after he married her? if he knows Parvati is Sati when he hadn't married her then why did he give her many trials? or still it is rule of life and Sati still needs to go through so much difficulty if she wants to come to Lord again? 

If Lord knows Parvati is Sati's rebirth after he married her then there would be sometime he misses Sati and feel torn between Sati and Parvati right? if that was the case then he fell love again with the same woman unconsciously and moved on?

I don't know much though but for me, Lord Shiva is an ideal husband for me. I believe he married the only woman he loved, though twice. I don't know what others think or believe but that is what I believe and I would stick with it.
again if all my above question was solved, and Lord loved only woman he love then I won't be confused. An ideal husband doesn't mean a man has to love only one person even if his wife is dead. We shouldn't mess up things. In real life they love, break up and love again, marry and become ideal husband or wife too. 

If Lord Shiva who is a God could marry a human then he could be like human in love too. If sati wouldn't be reborn forever, though Sati still had a place in his heart but he fell in love again with another girl and marry her. how can we blame him? like we said people have to move on.
My point is Lord shiva loved Sati so much, he was so much angry and depressed with Sati's dearth and he said that he wouldn't marry again. That's why it would be illogical if Parvati was not Sati's rebirth. See even they mentioned Sati was Parvati in some stories, there was someone asking those questions like me. But we don't have to think about this anymore as I want to believe that Lord loved and married a woman too. If he fell in love twice it was because there was only one woman in two forms that made Lord fall in love even if he didn't want to ðŸ˜ƒ

btw I watched a old show, a man loved his wife so much and he said that he wouldn't marry again after his wife's death, then there was a girl loved him so much and he was attracted to her too but he couldn't marry her because of his old word and he had a live in relationship with her I don't remember what happened after that but really don't like this idea.

Thank you very much Delusional! Hey sorry if I mess up things again, don't be upset with me.😃

Thank you DelusionalMe and Happy New Year ðŸ˜›
Wishing you and your family all the best