What is seen easily acceptable, without checking the alternate-Ram

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Man is blessed with 5 senses. But still over and above all the other 4 senses vision is given importance. A sense the organ giving that sense we cannot see like the words of the tamil song goes " Niram parvum un kaane nee parka mudhiyathe. Kuyil issai pothume ade kuyil mukham thevaya"( Transalation: Your eyes that see color you cannot see them, isnt the song of cuckoo enough, is it necessary to see its face) 
Today Ram evoked that sense and put forth the mistakes that sense can make us do. About the horse sacrifice he argued from the same Vedas that seems to sanctify it.  To the priests who told him should the knowledgeable listen to the voice of the knowledge less, Ram showed their ignorance. The common people felt the pain in Ram's voice when he argued for the horse. They could feel his sincerity. But the ones who were claiming to be knowledgeable couldnt use their most important sense. Feelings. the 5th sense. The sense that makes us human. And to them he spoke their language. He quoted from vedas. He told more than the external yajna, internal yajna is important. When we do the external yajna along with that our internal thoughts should also purify. 

And Jabali I loved him when he said, I dont believe in God, but the fact human race will be saved by you I have more faith. 

So to bring the change you have to be knowledgeable.  You have to know epics, puranas, shastras to argue and establish your point with so called learned people. people use the literal meaning in epics to spread many regressive practices, especially women subjudication. Banishment of Sita, Krishna's polygamy etc is taken in literal sense. And Bhagavad Gita is treated as a war book whereas it is the knowledge available to man in simplest form. 

If you look today Ram won over his Praja, his guru, his priest and even Jabali. Isnt this what you call divine. Isnt this the real divinity
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mano.M thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Another meaningful episode 
The it wasn't needed for Ram to raise his voice to stress his point
He pulled it off with his calm and concerned nature
and with his soothing voice 
The way he started and ended his argument was perfect
Started with"I am not expecting that I need to be followed,
I just want to pose a question to u all"
And ended with "If I am not right guide me"
He made sure their ego isn't hurt
That's what made it easy for them to accept his words😃
Edited by -Mano- - 8 years ago
darkchocolates thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 8 Thumbnail + 3
Wonderful post Shruthi.
Loved your analysis.

We saw today the calm and composed nature of Ram.
What a meaningful episode it was!!!!

How he took into consideration each and everyone's opinion without hurting anyone's feelings.

A very nice episode to end the week.
Edited by NEIRAlover - 8 years ago
yavika thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Again wonderfull analysis...now a fan of ur posts!!
fatssrilanka thumbnail
Shruti, agree with you. Today Ram proved that to prove your point of view you don't necessarily need to shout or be rude. If you want to reach the common man or your praja you've got to be calm and composed. 
mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Well written shruthi.
Generally people accepts things on face value. Very few try to look for the unseen, hidden aspect, which may be worth knowing to understand things in totality. It is similar to preaching, where one tells a group of people his/ her understanding of the subject, disregarding all other povs. But trying to go deep & decoding the awailable knowledge may be rewarded with bigger discovery. One can progress only when the Self trys to dig into awailable resources only to discover a new dimention. While doing so moves towards the ultimate goal of life. The Self Realisation.
May be during thinking over some valuable aspects SKR is trying to show, we may be moving in path of Self Realisation. It's an interesting process.

shruthiravi thumbnail
Yes Meena. When we see so many thought provoking epi, it challenges our thinking asking us to question our ways, directing us towards our own betterment
And yes you dont need to be angry young man to prove your point always. Important thing they showed was Ram was assertive, not aggressive. 
I am very happy this show is showing why Ram should be the next king. This week they established him as empathetic towards his family, his praja and even to a animal. They showed us his warrior skills as well as the debating skills. He knows both shastras and sastras. 
And weapon in the hand of man without the knowledge is the most dangerous thing.  
Ramyalaxmi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@Shruthi: True w/o even attempting for a change from the existing certain rituals, people simply either blindly follow it or blame it instead of knowing the alternate. Ram created the space for people to think about horse sacrifice, found an alternative and explained to each in their language. Ram highlighted the vedas which mentions that any living being should not be hurt/tortured in doing the rituals.
Offtopic: I dont know why people say that women are suppressed in vedas. No way it can be. I feel our ancestors misunderstood the concept of the vedas and upanishads.
shruthiravi thumbnail
@Ramya vedas would have never suppressed woman. It is the patriarchal system that has mis intreprated vedas and epics and have been responsible for the subjudicated status of the woman.
And Ram actually showed the way of changing the system with his knowledge and humility. If we want to change we want to go at the level of understanding from various people before arriving at a better solution. We saw Ram debating with Vashisht, Jabali and then his mom. We should always look out for people with knowledge to debate that too various philosophies. 
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i am loving this current track in SKR. 
Being brought up as a muslim ive always been against animal slaughter on bakri eid(i wouldnt call the unnecessary killing sacrifice)
The way ram said if u have to sacrifice something sacrifice something from urself what is there in taking an innocent animals like & calling it as sacrifice. I also do not buy the thing tht in earlier times people used to sacrifice their pet after taking care of it for months calling it as supreme sacrifice to the lord(but why does one need to unnecessarily take a life when not needed) there is no sacrifice in that. One wlll see god in every innocent soul if he is really that connected & will not think of harming innocents. I wish someone drills sense in the people who do qurbani & bali the way ram did in this world
Also u r so right people just blindly follow the thing that is seen they do not think of other ways. do not understand the hidden meaning behind scriptures and actually do not understand god himself