Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

deejagi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
yes Shruthi, even I think like that only. Though kaikeyi might talk to Dashrath about his Vachan and it was shown as if she is going to rip him apart fro not keeping up his word, I don't think any such things may happen right now. King Dashrath might tell her the complete story about the Vachan like since he doesn't have a son from Kausalya and if your daughter gives birth to the royal heir (first son of Raghukul), even if he is not the first wife's son (crowned wife), he will become my successor. Since you have not given birth to the first son and Ram being my first son, he will succeed me eventually and she may accept it and keep quiet for the time being. And about Manthara not leaving from Ayodhya may be a result that kaikeyi's brother may stay back at Ayodhya for some time (it was very common in thos edays for a brother to stay at his sister's sasural for years together without hesitation).

Later after marriage, Sita might back answer or disrespect Kaikeyi without her own knowledge during the coronation time (she may not agree with kaikeyi's choice for her husband and may put forth her rights as a wife) which may not go well with Kaikeyi and resulting in Sita vanavas.
adi2512 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Would not that be too much of a deviation from the base story line ?
Sita s vanvas, is becoz of the choice she had made., with full determination and no external pressure.

Her decision to follow Rama., by being near to him at all times., has a unique beauty and greatness of her love towards Rama attached to it.
It should never be shown that it is becoz of kaikeyi or manthara, that she is subjected to vanvas.

I hope they stay out of any such plans.

I
shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@adi vanvas is for Ram. And Sita will go for Vanvas on her free will only. But what we are talking is about things that can prompt Kaikeyi to ask the boon.
adi2512 thumbnail
Oh, ok...Shruthi..😊
------

Y/day s scene, if it is only to have parasuram realize and advise Janak , about Sita s future prospects., I would not be satisfied. Some elder, either Parasuram or Janak...should advise Sita on this aspect of half knowledge being harmful.

Sita as a child needs to understand, these very important and basic things. 
Some how i feel, CV s are not doing a thorough job on her character development , from past few episodes...they look abrupt, incomplete...rushed.

On the otherhand, scenes involving Rama are just beautiful...they are so full of depth and learning 👏

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@adi they are showing how with each success with her questioning the girl is getting confident, each time she is adored she feels, she is right. She will grow up into a confident young woman so sure of her choices. Many girls who are blessed with beauty and brain ends up like that. First time her choice is gonna go wrong will be when she sends Lakshman to rescue Ram. It is that point from where Sita's sadness starts.
Till then though vanvass is there, she is not sad, because she is with her husband. Because Sita orders Lakshman to go against his better judgement which tells Ram is safe. Yes Sita is Ram's Ardhangini but she should have know Lakshman knows his brother as much as her. Her anxiety clouds her judgement, while Lakhan is much calm.

Now I can link all that to this childhood grooming of Sita. Where she was given freedom, where she was asked opinions and had never known when to tell, what to tell, though she doesn't have any bad intentions, is compassionate, loving caring everything.

And I feel happy at times because failures at various levels happened to me in my early life which have helped me to shape my life better. To evolve.
Edited by shruthiravi - 8 years ago
adi2512 thumbnail
Shruthi,
You are right.

Sita's portrayal is leaning towards - little bit of an impulsive trait, where as Rama is portrayed to be calm, measured.

Yet both have common qualities, which define them, what they are.

The scenes do reflect that.

We have never seen Sita's childhood even in such little bit of detail as of now...not even read any where...

And yes., given her character trait and upbringing, looking from that perspective, Sita's chiding of Laxman and pressurising him to go in search of Rama, at that point, now looks very convincing., 

Can sure appreciate writers and their bravery  for bringing out such an angle to an otherwise 'divine' ly portrayed character.

This is what I'am liking extremely about the show...either with respect to Rama or Sita., they are portrayed humans first., wrt caring, compassion, empathy - although on a plane higher above all others - still they are not yet 'divine'.

Loved the entire conceptualisation of Rama - Jabali track...the beginning, the issues addressed as well as the conclusion ⭐️👏

Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Very well said...
Beautiful post...
siyakeraghav thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The most painful part of Sita's characterisation for which she paid a very heavy price is the charges she made against Lakshman when he hesitated to leave her all alone to go in search of Ram. A brother,who from his childhood always followed his idol like a shadow ,to be treated to such an accusation was very difficult to understand. She regretted this later on. It was also possible that unless she uttered those words which scalded him he wouldnt have left her alone and Ravan wouldnt have got destroyed.
Nonie12345 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Fantastic analysis Shruti didi😃