Contestants have 2 undergo HIV tests

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 17 years ago
Screwtiny!
   By: Tushar Joshi and Krishnakumar
   November 3, 2006

Bhojpuri superstar Ravi Kissen had expressed reservations about the HIV test; Rakhi Sawant (left) is one of the 13 celebs on the reality show to go on air from today
It could be a first in Indian television history.

The 13 celebrity contestants in Sony's much-hyped reality show Bigg Boss will have to undergo HIV tests as precaution because there are chances they will have sex on the show.

The show — to be telecast from today — is based on the international reality TV hit Big Brother, in which a number of contestants live together for three months while avoiding being voted out in a public poll.

They are on camera all the time. The grand prize for the winner of Bigg Boss — Rs 50 lakh.

MiD DAY has learnt that many contestants had voiced their apprehensions and even wanted to opt out of the show, as they did not want to take the HIV test.

Contestants will undergo counselling

"Bhojpuri actor (and Bigg Boss contestant) Ravi Kissen had strong reservations. His argument was that he is a completely devoted family man and he did not need to take the HIV test. He later relented and took the test," said a source from the channel.

Kissen admitted, "I had reservations because it is a foreign concept. It has nothing to do about me being a family man."

Chief creative head of Sony TV Sandiip Sikcand agreed that the participants had to undergo HIV tests. "We have a rule for all participants. They also have been taken for counselling to psychiatrists," said Sikcand.

He denied that any contestant had reservations about being tested for HIV. Sikcand said the tests were part of the rules being followed by Big Brother.
Is there a possibility of the contestants getting physically intimate in the show? "We haven't planned anything! If the contestants do get intimate, there is nothing to stop them. We would not show any nudity and edit the scenes, as this is a family show," said Sikcand.

When asked whether the participants have carried any contraceptives with them, Sikcand laughed and said, "The contestants may have, but we haven't provided them with anything."

Sex on the show

The format of Big Brother has been altered in many countries. For instance, countries like Hungary and Poland have different rules, which allow sex and nudity on screen. In the Indian version, cameras would not be allowed in bathrooms and there would be censorship on content.

Big Brother was first telecast in Holland

The number of countries where editions of the show have been telecast

The prize money (Rs 60 lakh) in Big Brother, UK

The amount (Rs 43 lakh) British tabloid The Sun offered the first couple to have sex in Big Brother, UK

First couple to have sex on the show:
Bart Spring and Sabine Wendell, Netherlands, 1999

http://www.mid-day.com/news/city/2006/november/145987.htm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desi_baby07 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
whoa thats too much!!! 😳
but i guess its for the better of the contestants
sonia_sanya thumbnail
okay..thanks for the article.i dont think they'll show any thing like this n tv .
Ambrosia thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
OMG its really too much..i dun think that things wud go dat intense when telecasted here..Thanks Shruti 😊
Sharmii thumbnail
Well surely They all will be too embarassed to do it on -screen 😕 😆
But i heard as days goes by These people tend o forget the camera,s...
Gossip_Queen81 thumbnail
why would they have sex with someone they dont know that well.
shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
sharmi u r rit ppl often 4get abt camera's & morever v have Rakhi in this show 😉 😆
tina59 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
wow cant wait to see BIG BOSS tonite .I think the channel cant help it if some couple do become intimate , I think the least they could do is edit the content but thats the format of the show to capture them and their movements 24/7
purva thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
whoa... i feel sad for the wives of married men participating... they r not going to have good night sleep for 90 whole days 😕 ... wives will need more counselling after the show i guess 😉

I can't wait till the show airs tonight 😛 ... what time it will telecast here in US?? 😳
xChandnix thumbnail
Ewwwwwwwwwwww, that is disgusting hello, a family show so what is Rakhi doing there 😆 🤢