Is Mastani from Bajirao-Mastani a prostitute?

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago
Just to clarify -  I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT DEEPIKA , but about the character itself. Was she a prostitute? 
I dont know the story thats why I am asking. Although, I can't imagine her not being a prostitute, I mean she performed a dance for Bajiao, in that day and age I think only prostitutes did that right? Sorry if I sound ignorant, i really don't know about these things. I am just curious

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8
To dance in front of a King u not necessarily hav to be a prostitute. you could just be a dancer.

Anyways i dnt know exactly what she was...may be some Persian girl. 
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
In Bhansali land everyone dances. Peshwa does tapori dance and conservative Kashibai doing thumkas. 
ImagineMe thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Shaitan-Haiwan

Just to clarify -  I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT DEEPIKA , but about the character itself. Was she a prostitute? 

I dont know the story thats why I am asking. Although, I can't imagine her not being a prostitute, I mean she performed a dance for Bajiao, in that day and age I think only prostitutes did that right? Sorry if I sound ignorant, i really don't know about these things. I am just curious

Bhansali's Mastani is a multi-talented lady  - Warrior, Princess, Prostitute, Queen etc.
tomnjerry2 thumbnail
IPL 2024 Match Winner 0 Thumbnail IPL 2023 Participants 2 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: .Iconoclast.

In Bhansali land everyone dances. Peshwa does tapori dance and conservative Kashibai doing thumkas. 

100 points for this. 👍🏼 🤣
DB_reloaded thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
maybe an item (pros ,dancer, emtertainer)
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
How disgusting is this post?
She was the daughter of Maharaj Chhatrasal of Bundelkhand n his Persian wife n poetess, singer n dancer ruhani

Please google before posting such topics. It's historical figures we're discussing. Not fiction

She doesn't have to be a prostitute. She was a trained singer n dancer under her mother n warrior from father's training.
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ImagineMe

Bhansali's Mastani is a multi-talented lady  - Warrior, Princess, Prostitute, Queen etc.

Wow! I actually used to think you were one sensible member of the forum
zara321 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
no she was not a prostitute, she was trained in dance, archery, sword fighting and horse riding
her dancing doesn't mean she is a prostitute 
Sharpener thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Live2eat

How disgusting is this post?

She was the daughter of Maharaj Chhatrasal of Bundelkhand n his Persian wife n poetess, singer n dancer ruhani

Please google before posting such topics. It's historical figures we're discussing. Not fiction

She doesn't have to be a prostitute. She was a trained singer n dancer under her mother n warrior from father's training.

What's so disgusting about this post? Mastani is dancing like the Chandramukhi from Devdas in this movie (nothing wrong with it) so obviously someone who wouldn't know about Mastani would think she's like Chandramukhi. 

Just because they're marathi historical figures doesn't mean they're Gods. 

You should be happy people are talking so much about Bajirao Mastani, it shows the amount of buzz it has created so have a seat and enjoy 😃