VIDYA BALAN to star in SRIJIT MUKHERJI'S Bollywood directorial debut

Thrasher thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Director Srijit Mukherji is known for his content-rich films in the Bengali film industry. The director has a lot of hit films in his kitty like Autograph, Baishe Srabon, Hemlock Society and Chotushkone, to name a few. Mukherji has redefined Bengali cinema as his content-rich films are just not content heavy; they also do good business at the ticket counter! His last release Rajkahini, which was a superhit, will now be remade in Hindi.

The director reveals, "I am all set to make my debut in Hindi with Rajkahini. The film will be produced by Shree Venkatesh Films and Vishesh Films, and will be presented by Mahesh Bhatt himself. We are currently working on the script. My Bengali film was based in West Bengal and Bangladesh but, for Hindi, we are planning to change the set-up to Pakistan and India. The film starts rolling from mid-2016. We are talking to some established Bollywood actresses."

PS: We hear that the makers are keen on casting Vidya Balan. It's a woman-oriented film and Rituparna Sengupta played the lead in the Bengali film.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
So rajkahini in hindi really 😕 How are they going to get the bevy of stars?

Btw Srijit is on a roll. I saw SLB's interview heaping praise on him other day ..good going 👏