Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
You were wrong about one thing, Nachiket, she said as she burrowed into his arms and sighed again, trying to get some warmth off his body as the chill around her seemed to settle on her shoulders.. 
As if instinctively, Nachiket rubbed her back and shoulders as he held her close, wishing they were back in their warm room all of a sudden. What's that?, he asked softly.. 

We're not going back to our regular routine, she said.. 

Why not, he was curious 

Now that you're with me, nothing can be regular.. nothing can be routine.. regular was.. routine was.. not having you with me and just floating through my own life, living out years at a time without knowing so.. I do not plan on doing that ever again now that I have you back all to myself.. 

He took a deep breath and pressed his lips to her temple.. you're right, as always.. he smiled against her skin.. you always have the best words.. he chuckled.. 

I thought that was you.. the one with the words..  she looked up at him and smiled.. what's the matter, Nachiket, she said as she touched his face with her fingers..why do I feel like you're not telling me something.. that you're holding back? 

He touched her fingers and pressed them to his face, basking in the warmth of her small palm now and leaning towards her touch.. taking a deep breath, he knew he must say what he was feeling all this while. She deserved to know 

shabz50 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Yay Sukhi wrote
Beautiful writing as always they are finally both opening up. Loved it write more please 
imagine43 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh Please! writing beautifully doesnt give you the right to stop at such a spot and leave the reader in suspense.
imagine43 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
"How is it that, you always come to know and understand my feelings so well, even at the times I am not sure of them, myself", he whishpered in awe, looking at ther face. 
She looked up, flashing her dimples, her eyes glittering at his unexpected soft remark. "You too are, always pretty accurate about my moods and feelings", she said in a teasing tone.

"Achcha! Thank you for the compliments.", he said with a blush, then continued,  "I often wonder, How is that! When people stay apart for long, they tend to grow apart and lose the sense of one another, but that has never been the case with us. I am amused by what kept us connected", he finished staring at the moon.

Ragini, looking deeply into his eyes, devouring every word from him, stayed silent, may be looking for the answers in his eyes. "I dont know, I guess I have felt connected with you and have known you this well from day 1, when we were absolute strangers. And then, I guess, you were never separated from me. We were apart physically, I hated you, but you were still with me. I didnt want you, but you were there, in every thought, every action of mine".. she said softly, gazing at the reflection of the moon on the glittering waters. They stayed silent for  a while...

"You do a good job I must say", he broke the silence with a tease.

"now that you know it! stop hiding things from me!", she replied to his tease rather sternly.

poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
'I will try' he solemnly said, the promise underlying in his words and intention.
'This will take some time, I had gotten used to being both alone and lonely.'

She traced the lines around his mouth with her eyes, thinking deeply.

'I understand Nachiket. This is not easy of course. But ...'

She sat up straight in his arms

'But we can't give up Nachiket , not now'

He smiled back at her

'Now shut up and kiss me senseless like before'

The challenge in her voice was all warmth and carefree, and he pulled her closer
shabz50 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Lovely update Rachana 
Love ragini taking charge in the romance department 
poetic thumbnail
Thanks Shabbo. Now it's Sukhi's turn to write 
poetic thumbnail
They were back home to find the children asleep. Pam, RK, Dimpy and Karan were waiting for them.
'Never realised we were away for so long' Ragini said as she joined the group.

'We were worried about you' Pam's voice was marked with concern. 'Where did you guys go?'

Nachiket chimed in as he sat down beside his wife
'We went to the local dhaaba a few miles from here. We wanted to check if it still exists. We used to go there earlier'

'It was really nice' Ragini added. 'And the long drive was wonderful and exhilarating.' 

'And the kiss' Nachiket thought and smiled. He looked up to see DImpy staring. She then grinned at him and waggled her eyebrows.

Nachiket woke up in the middle of the night to find Ragini's side of the bed empty. He was thirsty.

He got down and padded towards the balcony, she was standing there, wrapped in a shawl, and totally immersed in her own thoughts. She nearly jumped off her skin when Nachiket touched her shoulder.

'Whew Nachiket!' she exclaimed. 'You scared me'.

'Why are you not sleeping?' he asked as he pulled her closer.

She wrapped him up in her shawl, he was bare chested
'You will catch cold Nachiket' 

After a long sigh, she said
'I couldn't sleep. I was wondering ...'

'... what?' he looked deep into her eyes.

'I would have died if I I was with someone else , if had gotten married to ... elsewhere'

She hid her face in his chest.

After what seemed like an eternity, he sighed
'Me too Ragini, me too'

Her arms tightened around him instinctively.

riyamittal thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Sooo nice ... Thanks for the update..