Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
@ethereal I have no clue about what TEI is as I don't watch it. I watch ETR2 and it is interesting for me. My analysis is based on the experiences I had with 2 of my other favorite shows EHT and BD in SP.
EHT was a critically acclaimed show and was well received by online and even abroad. But unfortunately Indian TRP was not kind to the show and when that show had to shut down 4 months before its scheduled end ( It was a finite show of 1 year) ROI was cited as the reason. EHT had pretty decent TRPs around 2.5 and all and when it closed it was slot leader also with 3+. But everyone felt TRPs rose too slowly for the show to sustain.

And BD it was on the verge of shutdown and fans plea ensured it move as a webseries as it had huge online fans and was the 2nd most watched show in hotstar.

So I understand in big budget shows normal TRPs which might be okay for a show like TEI as I understood it is low budget will not be enough to sustain in the long run.

ETR2 is a huge hit online as I see it and the story line is also very good. But unless TRP aunty appreciate it the way they appreciate Swaragini or SNS irrespective of being good ROI will suffer.
Sherni_Jerry thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: QueenElsa

i also dont get her problem 🤣 what she is doing here instead in her forum

i am trying to discuss and have fun. thats all. as someone said BV had marginal lead over TEI, without fact. would you like if anyone else said JR is marginally ahead of ETR2 ? no na? thts it. every show n actors work hard. then why to give advantage to anothet show without factual proof? i am olacing my opinion as ppl are saying TEI has merger epi promo etc. so wht TEI is promoted? its actors also work hard. giving credit to another show/promotion means taking away the credit of hardwork. thts my point. cz i dont have any personal agenda against ETR2 fans nor show nor other shows. every1 works. i never put etr2 or other show down. but i want to show other shows too working hard. its unfair not to give them credit. @zoopassion: i am enjoying the present. i am ready to accept future too. i wish ur shows all the best. i am not going to want bad of tht show. chill n take care. i did not put ur show down or wishing best. best luck. ps. i am active on TEI forum. i come here once a week to discuss trp cz this is wht the thread is about. AM I NOT ALLOWED TO POST HERE CZ I M NOT FAN? 😆
bhanu_rekhag thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Is this ETR2 TRP thread or TEI thread ? or General TRP Discussion thread ??? just confused with the way this thread is going!!!

Sherni_Jerry thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shruthiravi

@ethereal I have no clue about what TEI is as I don't watch it. I watch ETR2 and it is interesting for me. My analysis is based on the experiences I had with 2 of my other favorite shows EHT and BD in SP.

EHT was a critically acclaimed show and was well received by online and even abroad. But unfortunately Indian TRP was not kind to the show and when that show had to shut down4 months before its scheduled end ( It was a finite show of 1 year) ROI was cited as the reason. EHT had pretty decent TRPs around 2.5 and all and when it closed it was slot leader also with 3+. But everyone felt TRPs rose too slowly for the show to sustain.
And BD it was on the verge of shutdown and fans plea ensured it move as a webseries as it had huge online fans and was the 2nd most watched show in hotstar.
So I understand in big budget shows normal TRPs which might be okay for a show like TEI as I understood it is low budget will not be enough to sustain in the long run.
ETR2 is a huge hit online as I see it and the story line is also very good. But unless TRP aunty appreciate it the way they appreciate Swaragini or SNS irrespective of being good ROI will suffer.

TEI is Tashan e ishq. it comes at 8 same time as EHT.

i just loved ur pov. you said it well. but trust me if i said the same ppl would call me i am proving this n tht. but fan like u can accept the fact very well. would love to interact with u more often.

cya next week. all the best. even if ETR2 gets 4+ trp i wont get anything or if it gets less thn 2. so chill. its not harmful to discuss a show cz channel will decide a shows fate not me or anyone here
chinkidrashti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
For God sake Mods can u pls ask TEI fans n other show fans to go to their forum n discuss their TRP???? V wil enjoy as long as show lasts. We are not getting any part of return of investment. With new rating they won't consider history geography n all. What is current situation they check that. 
Little_Mermaid. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
wow second hightes on slot🥳
i still remember when we are on 1.6 swaragini was  3+ and yrrky was 2.5 +
now see we are very much in competition😃
Little_Mermaid. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
why only TEI and JR fans are here not fair guys next week hum kum kum sarojni qh kaala teek laajwanti sare shows ke fan ko invite karege for trp discussion😆
chinkidrashti thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Little_Mermaid.

why only TEI and JR fans are here not fair guys next week hum kum kum sarojni qh kaala teek laajwanti sare shows ke fan ko invite karege for trp discussion😆

😆👏 Yeah...lets do tht
gennyM thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Very happy for the show and the creatives and Drashti and Siddhant and the entire cast and crew.
I believe slow and steady wins the race and our show is getting there.👏
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Everyone plss avoid fighting in Trp thread ... I m sure noone wants this thread to get closed because of fights ..

Since its Trp thread , so comparing trps of shows is allowed but it should b limited to comparing only trps .. Plss avoid comparing which show is good and which is bad .. This is ETR2 forum , so discussion should b more on ETR2 and its storyline ..

This is not offficial warning or anything , just a friendly note from my side ..

Coming to trps , I think 2.3 is quite good , so why r we fighting 😕 .. ETR2 is not the kind of show which will run for 4-5 yrs , so we should not b much worried about trps .. it already has a contract of 1 yr with channel , so irrespective of what the trps r , it will run for 1 yr .. so I think till 1 yr we should not panic much as long as trps r in the range of 2-2.5 .. and right now 2.3 is good enough to run for a year at least .. 

Such shows which r made on a large scale and high budget , as it is hv a limited run only because after a point once main story is over , there is nothing much u can show even if trps r high .. Like for eg  take Jodha Akbar , it went off air even when it got trps of 2.6 because there was nothing left to show once main story was over .. But Jodha akbar did hv a successful run of almost 2 yrs ... Same holds for a show like ETR2 as well .. it will hv a successful run till the main story of RaGa is being told ...

Its just that CVs should not rush with the RaGa tracks .. last week saw rise because of RaGa scenes only .. I wish it continued this week too instead of that whole fake Sona drama so soon .. Anyways even then we r getting RaGa moments regularly which is good sign .. RaGa r the USP and CVs just need to focus on them .. Trps will automatically come in

Last week Zee tv did promote all shows as karwa chauth spl  .. so no wonder all shows saw a rise .. this week will b cruicial to see which shows can sustain this rise which we will find out only next week

Another point , when shows get maha sangam epis , they do get some advantage too as viewers of other shows take notice of another show and this way viewership rise .. so even after maha sangam epis , that particular show continues to do well as the viewership rises due to last previous maha sangam epis ... Swaragini of colors only is one big example ... It got  maha sangam with Sasural simar ka which marked its trps rise .. after that Swaragini conrinued to rise up even without maha sangam because viewers of Simar show started watching it regularly after maha sangam ... Audience shifts happens due to these maha sangam and shows with less trps get the advantage of getting viewers of another hit show ...

So I dont know why Zee never shows maha sangam of ETR2 with some other show like say KKB as both come back to back .. it will b profitable for ETR2 ... I hope Zee think about it .. there is no harm in maha sangam epis .. because then later week even without maha sangam , both shows individually too will gain like how right now both JR and TEI r gaining even without maha sangam ..

I will not use excuse of competition at 9.30 slot .. because then if u see 9pm slot is most tough with diya baati , KKB , Ashoka all running neck to neck ... compare to that 9.30 is not that tough .. thing is if a show gives interesting track trps will rise irrespective of the competition it faces .. ETR2 can rise above swaragini and yeh rishta too if RaGa r shown together fighting the evils like fake Sulakshana and BRM .. Lets hope for the best ..
Edited by jyoti06 - 8 years ago