Lajwanti

Sid Makkar interview

Sherni_Jerry thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/tv/news/hindi/Once-experimental-shows-start-getting-TRPsproducers-will-try-out-new-concepts/articleshow/49356641.cms

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

YD.AH thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Once experimental shows start getting TRPs,producers will try out new concepts

Soumitra Das,TNN | Oct 15, 2015, 12.00 AM IST | TV Interview
inShare
More
A
A
READ MORE Siddharth Makkar|Luck By Chance|Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyaan|Dariba Diaries
Once experimental shows start getting TRPs,producers will try out new concepts
Be it some quality English and Hindi plays, Bollywood projects like Luck By Chance, Hollywood movies like The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel or television shows like Ghar Ki Lakshmi Betiyaan and Dariba Diaries, actor Sid Makkar has tried his hands at doing something different with every project.

And with his latest television show Lajwanti, he has only continued that trend. Says an excited Sid, "Ironically, I have got very positive feedback for my role from the media, which is usually very critical of actors. I have always enjoyed playing roles that are different from the run-of-the-mill characters.

READ: Sid Makkar shares screen space with Richard Gere

While Indian cinema started evolving about 10 years back, the television industry has also started embracing changes and I believe the audiences need to encourage experimental shows. Once experimental shows start getting good TRPs, many more producers will be encouraged to try out new concepts on the small screen." Excerpts: 

You are doing a show that is set during the partition. What attracted you the most about the role? Usually, we get one-line narrations for most roles but for Sunderlal in Lajwanti, it was a different story. I love the fact that there are so many shades to his character, which will evolve as the show goes on. A love story set during the partition isn't very common on Indian television and so, I loved the challenge.

Also, the fact that it is based on a short story meant that it will have a finite end, and the story wouldn't be tampered with midway through the show, which is the case in a lot of daily soaps. Playing this character involved a lot of preparation, as I had to think like an alpha male and also remember a lot of subtle things to get the feel of that era right. My friends tell me that Sunderlal seems completely different from who I am in real life, and that they find the look and the setting of the show very authentic. It's fun to live a character with little similarity to me in real life. 
How did you become an actor? Well, it's quite a story. I don't know why, but there was a phase when I was studying Computer Science and Economics in the USA (laughs). At that time, I was exposed to a lot of foreign films and Scarface was one film that left a lasting impression on my mind. That story fascinated me and I must have watched it at least 40 times! Soon, I decided that I wanted to become an actor and after that, there has been no looking back. 
What next? I would love to do a dark film or a thriller on television next. It has to be something unusual for me to get interested in.

Sid Makkar wants a career in films. Click Here! to know all his interets and hobbies. 

SET ALERTS FOR YOUR FAVOURITE SHOWS HERE !

For latest updates, news gossip & videos connect with TV Times on:

Twitter @toitv | Facebook TVTimes
Hifah thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wow very nice interview
Also, the fact that it is based on a short story meant that it will have a finite end, and the story wouldn't be tampered with midway through the show, which is the case in a lot of daily soaps. Playing this character involved a lot of preparation, as I had to think like an alpha male and also remember a lot of subtle things to get the feel of that era right I hope there's a proper ending n they don't drag.hope makers won't disappoint.
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
You know, one thing which is different is that Lajwanti is not really a soap.
It is a daily yes. Most of the dailies are soaps. in Hindi tv. But this is a daily which is more a serial drama and less soap.