Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Putti my friend's house looks like a museum, my house looks like its been hit by a tsunami... the aunty will most likely WALK one mile home, when she sees it tomm night😭

She will ask herself "what the heck was I smoking?" and then say "Oh yes!! I wasnt smoking I am on chemo, I no longer know right from wrong"πŸ˜† 

Aane do unko pehle, bedroom mein band kar doongi... she has no choiceπŸ˜†

Kyon ki mere ghar ke ANDAR to aa sakte hain bahar nahi ja sakte

P.S. My 7 year old usually has the door booby trappedπŸ˜†  I am kidding...

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
Errantnomad thumbnail
"Avan inri en vidiyal oli illa oru kutceri
Avan illa en pozhudhu oru asaivila nadanam aayitru
Aval indi en vidiyal veyilil soodana Sam Adams pol
En mariya office engal Andhapuram indru
Paris veedhiyil, padagil, restaurantil thodarum engal svasam pondra nirubanam"

πŸ‘ Beautiful lines .
Errantnomad thumbnail
Nisha, there was a hilarious post from EnVee today that she saw a guy with anchor motif shorts but even his nail couldn't match that of dude's
Sudhi went a step further, she saw one too with anchor motifs and went right ahead and purchased it too. Her original intent was to gift it to her future dude but overcome by the update decided to wear it herself even if the shorts was three times her size. πŸ˜† πŸ˜† .
Errantnomad thumbnail
Sri, tired, sleepy and sunburnt!! Rest well pl.
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: taramira

Been there done it all... Tiger, leopard cheetah elephant mom Sab ban ke Dekh liya...ab chicken mom ban ke I am just letting them be. Piano, drums, swimming, soccer, art, singing Sab mein daala, they didn't stick with anything. Arghhh! 

God - Its almost 11PM, I am ditching my high schooler to figure out the "Graphing Calculator" HW.  If you are an honor student, you are supposed to know it all 😲.  Poor kids and poor parents. I feel why I pushed and pushed her thru elementary and middle 😭.  Between marching band, arangetram practice, drums lessons, piano pratice and crazy "desi town" school tension, there is no time for fun for her. Crazy schedule is going to keep her away on Gollu Saturday.  My middle schooler cried the other day on how hard he has to work - even though his work is less compared to his sis, I never felt like I worked or did anything useful in 6th grade. I turned out ok, have a decent career and a happy family.

Taramira - I want to let it go but hesitant to let it go, thinking that I(they) might miss an opportunity and keep pushing. πŸ˜• Hopefully I will know better for my younger one. Sigh !

Thanks for the post Putti.  We all desi moms have to chill about grades and placements. Be cool like Mrs. Edison. My elementary school parents in the "desi town" were preached that B is not a bad grade in the back to school night. Politely saying please dont harass our teachers for extra 1 or 2 marks.

This Sosyland is my stress buster.  You all give strength and inspriration in different ways.

Cheers everyone ⭐️
Edited by jasminechick - 8 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Jas

Where I live I dont think any one even shows up for PTA
PTA moms are busy baking cookies shaped like the teacher's SUV
My kid is the only Desi kid in his entire school in my Podunk town
Which is fantastic

Most Desi ambush a elementary 11 miles from my home because it has a "EXCEPTIONALLY gifted" class room (used to be one now is TWO I am told) (Whatever the exceptionally gifted even means, they dont own dot coms or anything... random banda (show off in Tamil)  I wont drive an hour everyday so I can brag about my kid going to  a badass school, I am too lazy for thatπŸ˜†

I really dont worry about grades or test scores, I am not  hyper about home work and projects.

I dont want my kids to cheat, lie or steal. Baaqi mujhe koi faraq nahi padta. Get home without being bullied or without bullying. Thats all

The school did a ratings thing by itself and told me he fell short by 2 percentile, I am like "why the heck did u tell me? I am happy in my la la land" I was suddenly very angry and insecure
Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
Errantnomad thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasminechick

God - Its almost 11PM, I am ditching my high schooler to figure out the "Graphing Calculator" HW. If you are an honor student, you are supposed to know it all 😲. Poor kids and poor parents. I feel why I pushed and pushed her thru elementary and middle 😭. Between marching band, arangetram practice, drums lessons, piano praticeand crazy "desi town" school tension, there is no time for fun for her.Crazy schedule is going to keep her away on Gollu Saturday. My middle schooler cried the other day on how hard he has to work - even though his work is less compared to his sis, I never felt like I worked or did anything useful in 6th grade. I turned out ok, have a decent career and a happy family.

Taramira - I want to let it go but hesitant to let it go, thinking that I(they) might miss an opportunityand keep pushing.πŸ˜• Hopefully I will know better for my younger one. Sigh !
Thanks for the post Putti. We all desi moms have to chill about grades and placements. Be cool like Mrs. Edison. My elementary school parents in the "desi town" were preached that B is not a bad grade in the back to school night. Politely saying please dont harass our teachers for extra 1or 2 marks.
This Sosyland is my stress buster. You all give strength and inspriration in different ways.
Cheers everyone ⭐️

Jas I just told my hubs to check on my daughter before he hits the bed. She is still working on her homework and quizzes .Most times she sticks to her table but three or four times after she started high school this year she just dozed off in the bed with her laptop on. We see that , then put her device away and switch off the light.
Told her now that it's dangerous to doze off with the laptop switched on and she could always try get up early next day . I feel on a few days the push for these grades appear mindless.

jaschick thumbnail
Nisha - May be you(in general any person) are happier that way than sitting in a 90% Asian community with reverse minority issues (psyching the white crowd), I spend more time on parent portal than on news channel or any other site. Between the Chinese and Desi Tiger moms - I am "lost" mom. I got no choice to pick up and move elsewhere.

We will go as far as we can. I know they are honest, hard working, street smart kids.  They will survive - that I am 100% confident.
Kjolovesbabies thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Putti THANK YOU FOR THE EDISON STORY
I was extremely disappointed today at an outcome from my 7 year old's school. I was trying to be a Tiger Mom and it didnt work out I guess if I should candidly admit

I was extremely disappointed, but when I read ur note it felt like all is not lost, almost as if it was meant for me, I know sounds creepy no? I did feel I was being reassured by someone... that there is still hope and I shouldnt be carried away by silly yardsticks schools use to measure kids. They dont meant s--- in the big picture of who they turn out to be later in life.

Kjolovesbabies: DONE, we will do a dinner at Eiffel.

πŸ₯³ thank you [:D/] Edited by Kjolovesbabies - 8 years ago
jaschick thumbnail
Kalpana - I am just hanging around to give her company.  99% I hit the sack before she does 😭.  She gets out by 6,45. So we start early as well.  Probably same story with your daughter too πŸ˜•