The height of insensitivity

rajasvi thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
😭 height of insensitivity or more appropriately, I should say the height of cruelty was what we see in the brutal killing of Shona. How could they? Even the most stone hearted person would have flinched seeing Shona being killed by swallowing molten gold. Utterly disgusting. Even with dignataries like Bheeshma and Vidur, Shona faced such cruel fate. If giving punishment was so necessary, was it that essential to give a death sentence in such a ghastly manner at such a young age. Seriously, makes people hate judicial system of that time. Totally disturbing. Had to close my 4 year old brother's eyes.😲🤢

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

1Rockstar1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Today episode just made me cringe, people unaware of MB would definitely hate Bhisma, Vidur and everyone who stood there and watched them cruel death of Shon.. so nw the cvs managed to gv Karn a strong reason to fight against everyone.. and the precap was no less.. pandavas started insulting and fighting with Karn who just lost his brother sometime ago!!

rajasvi thumbnail

Originally posted by: 1Rockstar1

Today episode just made me cringe, people unaware of MB would definitely hate Bhisma, Vidur and everyone who stood there and watched them cruel death of Shon.. so nw the cvs managed to gv Karn a strong reason to fight against everyone.. and the precap was no less.. pandavas started insulting and fighting with Karn who just lost his brother sometime ago!!

Yup, not only it showed them in bad light, but it was kind of a kickstart provided to karna which made him make his choices..
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Bhisma had once promised Shon of granting Shon's wish once in life.
Bhisma reminds Shon of that promise and says, "Ask for your life."

This means if Bhisma wanted, he could have saved Shon's life. If so, then he should have saved Shon's life even without Shon asking for it.

Patrarekha thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
This is purely disgusting. I have no words. Bheeshma and Vidur and ps are silently watching this as dumb robots. Watching this show is itself an insult to our epic
Aaqritee thumbnail
did it really happened in the Story of Mahabharat and Karna's life.. that was too much brutal and rude.. they should show the true story. was that a true story? somewhere i read that Karna's brother Shon Was killed by Arjun in Kurukshetra war.. whats the real story????
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
At least one of Karna's brothers surely did die in the Mahabharat war. But nowhere in Mahabharat is the Shon mentioned (as far as I know, the forum members have much more knowledge).
I have read the name Shon for the first time Mrityunjay which never mentions about Shon's death (leave in such brutal manner) So can not comment
saitarien thumbnail
Well surely one of his brothers died in Virat war, others - in Mahabharat war. Though their names are not mentioned. I found only one name - Sangramajit, he was killed by Arjuna in Virat war (Virataparva section 54 in KMG).
Also there was another man at Kaurava side - Shatruntapa and he was also killed by Arjuna in Virat war, so I think Shivaji Sawant just mixed Sangramajit and Shatruntapa, when he named Karna's brother Shatruntapa(Shon) in Mrityunjay.
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: saitarien

Well surely one of his brothers died in Virat war, others - in Mahabharat war. Though their names are not mentioned. I found only one name - Sangramajit, he was killed by Arjuna in Virat war (Virataparva section 54 in KMG).

Also there was another man at Kaurava side - Shatruntapa and he was also killed by Arjuna in Virat war, so I think Shivaji Sawant just mixed Sangramajit and Shatruntapa, when he named Karna's brother Shatruntapa(Shon) in Mrityunjay.

Thankyou for this response.

I never knew the sames of any of Karna's brothers were mentioned. Also please tell me who was Shatruntapa?  I mean any notable contribution from him?
saitarien thumbnail

Originally posted by: shipreeta

Thankyou for this response.

I never knew the sames of any of Karna's brothers were mentioned. Also please tell me who was Shatruntapa?  I mean any notable contribution from him?

Shantruntapa was an ally to Duryodhana, that's all that we can figure out. He is mentioned only once in Virataparva (section 54) as one of those who went there with Duryodhana & others, and he was killed by Arjuna there. Probably that's the reason why Shivaji Sawant took his name - he and Karna's brother both died in Virat war by the hands of Arjuna, and it happened even in the same section of Virataparva.