Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shivvy_24 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I believe Arjun had brutally killed Shon in the Virat War, correct me if im wrong thanks :)
rajasvi thumbnail

Originally posted by: akhl

Bhisma had once promised Shon of granting Shon's wish once in life.

Bhisma reminds Shon of that promise and says, "Ask for your life."

This means if Bhisma wanted, he could have saved Shon's life. If so, then he should have saved Shon's life even without Shon asking for it.

Yes , bhishma granted the boon to shona but shona rendered his own stand by saying that he will never ask for his life
rajasvi thumbnail

Originally posted by: shipreeta

At least one of Karna's brothers surely did die in the Mahabharat war. But nowhere in Mahabharat is the Shon mentioned (as far as I know, the forum members have much more knowledge).

I have read the name Shon for the first time Mrityunjay which never mentions about Shon's death (leave in such brutal manner) So can not comment

It was brutal beyond words. We all agree that it demolishes the characters which are noble. Nonetheless, after reading Mrityunjay by Shivaji Sawant and doing a little research of my own, I found that Shona was killed on the first day of the war by Arjuna.
Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Aaqritee

did it really happened in the Story of Mahabharat and Karna's life.. that was too much brutal and rude.. they should show the true story. was that a true story? somewhere i read that Karna's brother Shon Was killed by Arjun in Kurukshetra war.. whats the real story????

Karna did have brothers, but there is none named Shon.  And this particular incident, as described, didn't happen.

Shon is a little less fictitious than Priyamvada
Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: shivvy_24

I believe Arjun had brutally killed Shon in the Virat War, correct me if im wrong thanks :)

Arjun couldn't have brutally killed anyone in the Virata war.  There, he alone was fighting to prevent the Kauravas from stealing the cows.  He had opposite him Bheeshma, Drona, Kripa, Ashwatthama, Karna, Duryodhan and Dushashan.  While I am critical of BRC, that's one part that they mostly got right.
merrydock thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
i feel that they are playing around with the characters of bhishma and vidur and the pandavas,  just to show them in a bad light, so that they can justify  karans hatred for them, especially  for the pandavas.  
karnas downfall was his choices plain and simple. he chose to  side with the evil duryodhana.  and as the serial is called suryaputra Karn, he is obviously the protagonist of the serial,  in antecedent to the real mahabharata where Arjuna is the protagonist. so in sonykarn with karn playing the protagonist , Arjun and the pandavas and  krishna will be shown as antagonist.

1Rockstar1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: merrydock

i feel that they are playing around with the characters of bhishma and vidur and the pandavas, just to show them in a bad light, so that they can justify karans hatred for them, especially for the pandavas.

karnas downfall was his choices plain and simple. he chose to side with the evil duryodhana. and as the serial is called suryaputra Karn, he is obviously the protagonist of the serial, in antecedent to the real mahabharata where Arjuna is the protagonist. so in sonykarn with karn playing the protagonist , Arjun and the pandavas and krishna will be shown as antagonist.

Disagree neither Arjun nor Karan are protagonists of any show or MB, everything happened as per lord Krishna planned.. He is the Real Protagonist.. and Sid.T can never show Krishna as antagonist.. He is God showing him wrng way will hurt many people's feelings.. and regarding Pandavas, Sid.T has extra love for Pandavas and Kunti.. if u r watching the show frm the start Sid.T constantly blackwashing Duryodhan and showing Kunti nd Pandavas in good light..
Melkor thumbnail

Originally posted by: merrydock

i feel that they are playing around with the characters of bhishma and vidur and the pandavas,  just to show them in a bad light, so that they can justify  karans hatred for them, especially  for the pandavas.  

karnas downfall was his choices plain and simple. he chose to  side with the evil duryodhana.  and as the serial is called suryaputra Karn, he is obviously the protagonist of the serial,  in antecedent to the real mahabharata where Arjuna is the protagonist. so in sonykarn with karn playing the protagonist , Arjun and the pandavas and  krishna will be shown as antagonist.

Looks like you haven't read the Mahabharata.The real Mahabharata.Else you would have known that the Mahabharata is an epic where there was no hero or villain.No protagonist or antagonist.Every character had positive as well as negative shades to them.

Karna and Arjuna had their own sets of flaws.And Duryodhana wasn't completely evil.And Lord Krishna will never be shown as an antagonist in any interpretation.

The characters of Mahabharata were realistic.No one was completely black or white.That is what makes the Mahabharata special.

The Mahabharata was about each and every character.Not only about Karna or Arjuna