Best Asha Bhosle song? And is she better than Lata?

Posted: 8 years ago
😉  This lady still looks good for 82.  She has had a spectacular career and so many songs in an amazing resume spanning decades.  What is her best song?  And is she better than Lata?  Please share your thoughts.  ⭐️ Edited by MrMadonnaCicone - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sometimes Asha's better i feel. 
But I'm sharing a Lata song link now as I'm listening to it.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9mwL6OnnTI[/YOUTUBE]

Originally posted by: ibnbatuta

sometimes Asha's better i feel. 

But I'm sharing a Lata song link now as I'm listening to it.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9mwL6OnnTI[/YOUTUBE]

Both verstaile singers.  ⭐️  I love their songs.  👏
but lata's voice gets very screechy in the high notes  and hurts the ears so Asha is better. 
The compositions in old films were too good. Kudos to music directors actually. 
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Asha had sexy,seductive voice and she was unbeatable in her songs. Lata had a voice thats like air, we all breath in and dont realize we r breathing the same air. 
Lataji is in every way (as a singer) maa Saraswati. Ashaji had some limtitaions, but she nailed every songs she sang. I had respect for both but since Ashaji started coming as maha guru/ judge in cheap TV shows..and her fights with the likes of Himesh and others, and muhfat language made me los lot of respect for her. 

But on pure talents. 

1. Lataji

2. Ashaji

3. Alka..

The rests have lot to prove. 

Originally posted by: ibnbatuta

but lata's voice gets very screechy in the high notes  and hurts the ears so Asha is better. 

The compositions in old films were too good. Kudos to music directors actually. 

Asha also can do sexy songs.  😳  Love her songs from Rangeela especially.  

Originally posted by: AllBlacks1

Asha had sexy,seductive voice and she was unbeatable in her songs. Lata had a voice thats like air, we all breath in and dont realize we r breathing the same air. 

Lataji is in every way (as a singer) maa Saraswati. Ashaji had some limtitaions, but she nailed every songs she sang. I had respect for both but since Ashaji started coming as maha guru/ judge in cheap TV shows..and her fights with the likes of Himesh and others, and muhfat language made me los lot of respect for her. 

But on pure talents. 

1. Lataji

2. Ashaji

3. Alka..

The rests have lot to prove. 

I don't even rate Alka. But if Asha's munhphat language put you off (which was very much needed btw, I know that show Indo Pak show Sur Kshetra where all Pak singers even like Ghulam ALi and Abeeda Parveen were giving higher marks to Pak singers and lower to Indian ones)
then Lata's manipulations to monopolise bollywood music are legendary. 

Personally I rate only on the basis of singing not their personal lives. 
Asha's Umrao Jaan songs are enough for Lata. 

pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
I have always like Asha more! ❤️
Talcum thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
No! Lata Mangeshkar is the queen!