Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
I watched ashaji last weekend at a concert and boy she is pure magic at 82-83..best thing I like about her was her smile and dance on stage.she seems to be so young at heart.she is definitely more versatile-has sung all kinds as in item,bhajans,ghazals,raag based,folks just about everything and nailed it.Lataji is of course queen.rest cannot be compared with these 2..there were some other good singers during their time like Geeta dutt.
Both Lata and Asha have carved a niche for themselves and it's not fair to compare them as they are living legends and will always be 👏 Edited by MiniRulz - 8 years ago
Ponga.Pandit2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Lata ji herself has admitted that Asha is much versatile than her...but as a music lover I can't differentiate between lata ji and asha ji...both are legends and have sung some great melodies...the sisters are incomparable
.Bongsookie. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I prefer Asha over Lata. She's got such a commanding voice, she can do dance numbers as well as soft bollywood numbers. My fav Asha song is Parde Me Rehne Do. Such a fun song!
Edited by Zah.Of.RoZaNa. - 8 years ago
LilBitOfAlexis thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
not even close IMO LM >>>>> Asha B
FatedSoulMates thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I believe they are both marvelous in their own way and both have beautiful voices. I personally cannot choose one over the other.

For me the absolute best Asha Bhosle song is O Mere Sona from Teesri Manzil ❤️

RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Comparing asha to lata is not  cool, asha has sung a variety of songs, her range and style were different while lata stuck to melodious songs only,
My favourite is Tanha Tanha from RANGEELA
CerealKiller thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Lata M no doubt has a very melodies voice, but is one of the most overrated singers in the country. Most of Lata M's singing have been melodies and hence the same. On the contrary, Asha has ventured into every kind of song - melody,item,pop,classical, ghazal and you name it.

So my vote obviously goes to Asha B for talent, voice modulations, diction, expressions and singing. She has done better than Lata in melodies although they are very less in number. And the reason Asha was given to sing other genres were because Lata monopolised the singing market and was always given the main numbers to sing. She exactly knew to justify each genre of songs and that's what makes her the most versatile singer in Bollywood.
DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Asha tai always!
She puts the V in versatility
FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvY9nHIAneg[/YOUTUBE]
Sweet_wish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail