Aru_A thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago

Why did she?'
How could she?'
How could she leave me?'
What wrong had I done?'
Questions were buzzing in Pratap's head like a storm, making his insides twist in agony. Questions, that too the same ones, were all he had on his head and heart. He was at a loss of words. All the pain and agony he was feeling right now was inexpressible. The only way he could let it all out was his sword and his solitude.

Ever since the news reached him, there was not a single moment when he had been able to detach himself from grief. His pain took the form of disbelief and then helpless anger as he stood in the akhara practising hard and rigorously with his sword. He wanted to channelize his pain into energy and let it all out; but apparently, it was not happening that way. His pain multiplied with each passing moment, and the sword practise he was on with since morning had exerted him physically to the core, but his mental state had just worsened. With no food and not a single drop of water, he had somehow retained himself with the daylong hard and sweaty practice. Moreover, because he had passed the order of "Ekant", and forbidden all the soldiers to speak about him to anybody, nobody even came asking. Even now, when it was night, his mind went nowhere near his requirements; all he could think about was the fact that she left him.

The day had not been bad for Ajabdeh. Rana Udai Singh was contented with her; he had called her to his room to praise her personally. Rani Dheer bai Bhatyani had kept herself from taunting Ajabdeh; for one day, Ajabdeh had to stay away from negativity. Ajabdeh had also made kheer in the kitchen all by herself after a long time, which won her a lot of praises and compliments. Rani Veer bai had even proceeded to say that her kheer would become Pratap's new favourite in the place of Rani Dheer bai's kheer. And Rani Sajja bai even taught her the recipe of Pratap's favourite chutney: - khatti-meethi imli aur aam ki chutney.  There was only one misty cloud which had prevailed over heart for the whole day; the absence of Pratap and Jaivantha bai. Whosoever she asked, nobody knew. She had checked their rooms but they were not there. Whenever she went searching for them, someone would summon her for some reason or the other. It was only in the late afternoon that she returned to her room to rest for a while when she found a letter waiting for her on her bed.

"Priy Ajabdeh,
                       Ab samay aa chuka hai. Hame jaana hoga. Ham jaa rahe hain yahan se Ajabdeh. Ham Mewar se bahut door jaa rahe hain, aur sambhavtah, kabhi nahi lautenge. Ab to aap bhi poorn roop se raaj parivaar ke saath dhal chuki hain. Ab aapko hamari aavashyakta nahi paregi. Itne samay se ham isiliye ruke huye the kyuki Pratap anuj the. Bhawnatmak roop se balheen the. Aur phir, jab aap dono ka vivah ho gaya, tab ham aapke liye ruk gaye. Kintu Ajabdeh, hame pata hai ki aapse behtar koi nahi samajh sakta ki jahan apne parivaar ka, apnon ka hi samman aur sneh nahi milta, vahan jeevan vyatit karna kitna kathin hota hai. Pehle hamare paas in sabhi kathinaiyon se ladne ki vajah thi, Pratap. Kintu, ab ham thak chuke hain Ajabdeh. Ham nahi jee sakte aisa jeevan jahan hamare apne hi hame swikaar na karen. Ham apna sab kuch aapke haathon me chodkar jaa rahe hain Ajabdeh. Hamare parivaar ka dhyan rakhiyega. Kisiko bhi hamari kami anubhav nahi hone dijiyega. Is parivaar ko kabhi tootne mat dijiyega. Ham jaante hain, ki aap itni yogy hain ki aap ye kary safalta poorvak nibha sakti hain.
Aur haan, hamare mahal chodne ki jaankari matr do vyaktiyon ko hai Ajabdeh. Ek aap, aur doosre Pratap. Sambhavtah ye samachar sunne ke baad ve toot chuke honge. Aap unki ardhangini hain, aur hame pata hai ki aap hi hain jo unhe sambhal sakti hain. Pratap par kisika bhi bura saya mat padne dijiyega Ajabdeh. Unhe sadev sahi marg dikhaiyega. Ab unka jeevan, aapke haathon me hai.
                                                                                                                                        Aapki Rani maa"

Ajabdeh was shocked to read this. How could Jaivantha bai, the Maharani of Mewar, leave the state? That too without telling anyone? She was shocked to the core, but also, she respected her decision of leaving. After all, who knew better than her that how was it to live a life without respect, trust and love? She went to the idol of Kanha ji and muttered a small prayer for Jaivantha bai. And the next question that arose in her mind was Pratap. Where was he? What was he on with? He hadn't shown his face since the morning. Had he left to go behind her, or had he landed himself in-no, that couldn't be. He was Pratap Singh. Before she could calculate the possibilities of his presence, Sajja bai took her away to the kitchens and she kept her busy with her the whole evening. When Ajabdeh tried to tell her that she had to go to Pratap, she forced down all her arguments and kept her engaged. Sajja bai's talks and the whole complicated procedure to make the chutney, plus Sajja bai's wish that Ajabdeh made it on her own with only her guidance and not her help, made it difficult for Ajabdeh to concentrate on anything else. She was constantly worried for Pratap, but she could not show it at all. Soon it was dinnertime and Ajabdeh had to arrange for dinner. Then, everyone was again happy with Ajabdeh's work on the chutney and rained compliments on her again. Exhausted by that time, Ajabdeh strode weakly to her room to undress for the night.

She sat on her dressing table, positioned just beside a window in her room. One by one, she started taking off all her jewellery pieces. As she was taking off her necklace, she paused to look at the night sky. The stars made her smile. The moon pacified her a little. As she took off her earrings, followed by her nathni, she started humming a tune in her beautiful voice that spread through every corner of the castle like magic and engulfed all alike into calm equanimity. Every living thing in the walls of the Chittor fort felt its effect. The musical and pleasant voice gave such a subtle and peaceful feeling. It calmed all the worries and made forget all the tensions. Surely, everybody was going to enjoy a beautiful sleep tonight, as they would smile with their cherished memories as Ajabdeh went on humming...

"hmmm...hmmm...
hmm-hmm...hmm-hmm...
Aa-aa-Aa-aa...
Sona...
hmm-hmm...hmm-hm...
hmmm...
naa...rona...
hmmm...hmm-hmm...
So..jaa...
hmmm...hmm-hmm-hmm..."

A disturbed warrior soul that had till now found no calm and no peace, had worked itself to its limit. But he still didn't stop his sword. As Pratap slashed it through the air in fury, thinking about who compelled his mother on leaving the castle, a melodious tune in the sweetest voice met his ears. It took over his senses, and for the first time in hours, his sword paused in mid-action and his posture relaxed as he realised that someone was singing. Someone was singing at this hour of the night, someone whose voice was just like his Rani maa. The voice made him nostalgic as memories flooded his heart, and he looked up at the heavens to find its source. Soon enough, he figured out the window from where the voice was originating.

Ajabdeh had put away all her jewelry, except her maang-tika. As she proceeded to put it at its right place, her gaze fell on another one. This one was a single maang-tika, and a very simple one too. It was very elegant, and delicate. It brought back memories, memories of the time she was not a Kunwarani, but a simple sober girl who never concentrated on dressing up. Unable to keep herself, she put back the heavy maang-tika, and wore this simple one. A true smile emerged on her face as she saw her reflection. The reflection of the simple Ajabdeh, whose mother and best friend always forced to look like a princess, and whose simplicity had made the prince of Mewar fall for her. She again looked at the moon, and prayed to keep Kunwar Pratap safe and sound. He was supposed to be in his room at this time, but inside, she wasn't convinced of this fact. She would go to his room to make sure. She again asked the heavens to keep her husband in good health and to help her find him.

Pratap looked up and saw Ajabdeh at the window, her hair open, humming that mesmerizing tune. The fleeting memory of his Rani maa again greeted him. He was on the verge of smiling but his pain overpowered the calm and happiness he felt under the influence of that voice. He diverted his gaze from Ajabdeh's window and started looking at the dusty floor of the akhara. He stared for a few moments, and again, the fire that had besmirched his heart ignited, and he started whipping his sword around him.

As she opened her eyes after her prayer to the skies, she felt some disturbance in the atmosphere of the silent night. Something in the grounds was definitely not silent. She looked down and her eyes fell upon Pratap who was still in his akhara, exerting away without any strength. She could see how tired and weak he was, and still he was not ready to stop. Worry gripped her heart as she watched him in that terrible state. Without wasting another moment, she ran down to him.

Gari khamma to all the lovely forum members! I wonder if anyone knows and remembers my stories or me, but I still love to share my tales. I'm Aru and I hope you had a good time reading this story. The updates to follow might delay since my exams start tomorrow and continue throughout september. But I'd love to hear your reviews and constructive criticism about my writing skills. Till the next update, live your life to the fullest and never stop dreaming. :)

Index:

Part 1 : Pg1
Part 2 : Coming soon
Part 3 : There's time...

Find more works by me here:
The Quill-Aru's gallery of written works...
I hope you enjoy the tales!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Annei123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Lovely update Aru !!!
Do update soon πŸ˜›
twilightlover29 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Aru is back with a bang!!!!

And such an emotional one too

Chodd kar chali gayi JB
Poor Ajabde ban gayi full time kaamwaali
Pratap locked himslef up in the dangal sthal
And woh US is uthaaoing maazaa of yummy Kheer and chutney

Aru yeh itna emotional aur dard bhara update kaise likha tumne
Mujhe sekhao na pleasee
And this lori - is it from Highway??

Waiting for the next part eagerly

So happy to have you back after so long

Please ek request - Apni aur Celu ki collab story mein bhi update do na please please pleaseee
Piya04 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
very emotional update...very nice Aru...πŸ‘
waiting for next...plz update ASAP..😳
Ravendor1981 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Aru!!! πŸ€— seeing you after a long long time and a story from you after a longer period of time!! Missed you a lot ❀️
Your story...nothing to say Aru! Just like your other works...Fabulous!!!
It's fantastic as ever with emotions beautifully shown and amazingly written!!
You expressed every emotion beautifully...I absolutely loved it
I'm waiting for th next part πŸ€ͺ
All the best for your practical πŸ‘πŸΌ
Update soon πŸ˜›
faishar02 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
no words to tell anything about the story
kya kahu 
amazing is very less for this emotional piece
awesome is also less
superb se bhi upar only will be correct
love it 

Aru_A thumbnail

Originally posted by: Annei123

Lovely update Aru !!!

Do update soonπŸ˜›

Aw thank you so much!!!
Glad you liked it-erm-Annie if I'm not mistaken?
I'll try and update as soon as possible...
And id love to see you again!
:D
aditi_angel thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hey aru !
i think is the first time we are meeting...😊

well , to say your story has a grip of emotions , i like it 😳

and the languge and words u used to describe there situtaion , it was just like i m watching it with my own eyes...

will be glad to read your other parts...

overall an amazing update...πŸ‘πŸ‘

all the best for your exams , do update whenever you get time...😳
Edited by aditi_angel - 8 years ago
Ramya_98 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Aru darling! πŸ€— Wow such an emotional story. 😭 I have no words to say what i feel now. Simply outstanding. πŸ‘ ⭐️
And ya all the best for the exams dear. πŸ‘πŸΌ Edited by crazy-for-praja - 8 years ago
Aru_A thumbnail

Originally posted by: twilightlover29

Aru is back with a bang!!!!

And such an emotional one too

Chodd kar chali gayi JB
Poor Ajabde ban gayi full time kaamwaali
Pratap locked himslef up in the dangal sthal
And woh US is uthaaoing maazaa of yummy Kheer and chutney

Aru yeh itna emotional aur dard bhara update kaise likha tumne
Mujhe sekhao na pleasee
And this lori - is it from Highway??

Waiting for the next part eagerly

So happy to have you back after so long

Please ek request - Apni aur Celu ki collab story mein bhi update do na please please pleaseee

Heheh! I;m happy you put it that way...
This is sort of what could have happened when the series of events had started fitting themselves together to complete DB's evil puzzle which eventually lead to the leap. But I do admit that that was not the inspiration behind the story...
Haw!!! Ajabdeh ko kaamvali kehne ka dussahas na kijiye!
I said this today in the morning when I was addressing a class, 'emotion has immense power which, if channelized in the right direction, can reap unbelievable results.'  That's how I wrote this, and there is still more to it...
Yayayya!!! Brownie points to you! You guessed it correct!
I hope I do not disappoint you...
Arre, vo kahani...honestly, that is an amazing story, but then both of us rarely meet now. She is busy with her life and I am busy with mine. But yes, we do plan to continue the story. Uska next update kab aayega,...I can not assure you, but something will surely come up..
Vaise, I'm reallly overwhelmed to know that people are interested in this story... πŸ˜‰β­οΈ