Users

Frequent Posters

notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 17 years ago
hey anureet..did u see kabul express?
diyafah thumbnail
no i have'nt seen kabul express..though..i think..itz ok at the box office..u saw???? 😃
notfadedaway thumbnail

Originally posted by: diyafah

no i have'nt seen kabul express..though..i think..itz ok at the box office..u saw???? 😃

yea but only for 15 min 😆 ..becuz my parents didnt like itttt 😭 😭
diyafah thumbnail
Aww..so see it in ur pc! 😆
i am awaiting for chak de india..as soon as we gwt more news on JBJ or tara rum pum..or chak de..we will start having contests~..guys u can still party on xmas and new year..!!unforuntely the siggy contest cud not take place..
but i will keep the xams season..for a longer tym..loads of gifts cuming up frm the secret santa! 😉
diyafah thumbnail
hey guys..i saw a pic of JBJ.sum days ago..i forgot the link byt i will try posting the pic..if i get..also one pic of abhi frm JBJ..came in newspaper.
Also salaam-e-ishq is cuming..nikhil advani directed it..though..he was associated wid kjo! 😳
Bubbly_Shelly thumbnail
hey anureet..try getting the pics...kjo..was associated with him? 😕 ..i didnt noe that!
notfadedaway thumbnail

Aww..so see it in ur pc! 😆
i am awaiting for chak de india..as soon as we gwt more news on JBJ or tara rum pum..or chak de..we will start having contests~..guys u can still party on xmas and new year..!!unforuntely the siggy contest cud not take place..
but i will keep the xams season..for a longer tym..loads of gifts cuming up frm the secret santa! 😉

yaarrrr chak de india..srk is in itt...so happyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy 😳 😳
notfadedaway thumbnail

hey guys..i saw a pic of JBJ.sum days ago..i forgot the link byt i will try posting the pic..if i get..also one pic of abhi frm JBJ..came in newspaper.
Also salaam-e-ishq is cuming..nikhil advani directed it..though..he was associated wid kjo! 😳

i knoww...i love the songzz..they r awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee 😛
notfadedaway thumbnail
some articles

Bollywood film 'Kabul Express' banned in Afghanistan

Kabul, Jan 7 (IANS) Afghanistan, where Bollywood films enjoy immense popularity, has banned the screening of Indian director Kabir Khan's 'Kabul Express' because the Hazara ethnic minority community found parts of the film offending.

'The film has some sentences which were very offensive towards one of Afghanistan's ethnicities, namely the Hazara. For this reason it has been banned,' Najib Manalai, Afghanistan's minister of culture adviser, said.

Hazaras, a Shia Muslim minority, make up about 10 percent of the Afghan population. They have supposedly descended from remnants of Genghis Khan's invading army.

The film starring Bollywood stars Arshad Warsi and John Abraham is a socio-political comment on the war ravaged country and it portrays Hazaras as a ruthless and heartless community.

There is a sequence that shows the travelling team of journalists and filmmakers stopped on a highway. The team is told by a Pakistan Army officer masquerading as a Taliban that they could be waylaid and robbed by the local community of Hazaras.

The film, based on Khan's personal experience in the country while filming a documentary film, hit the screens last December and received critical acclaim.

While filming it Khan and both the actors received life threats from the Afghan rebels. However, Khan shot the film on location under heavy security. He wrapped it up in 45 days.

A large number of cinemas in Afghanistan show Hindi films because of the cultural affinity and the language is easily understood.

Amitabh Bachchan starrer 'Khuda Gawah' was based, although not shot, in Afghanistan during the 1980s and was said to be popular with both the supporters of the Najibullah regime in Kabul and its opponents, the mujahideen.

Actor-film maker Firoze Khan has also portrayed Afghan culture and characters in his films, including the Buskhashi sport in 'Dharmatma'.

notfadedaway thumbnail
Karan is emotionally present in 'Salaam': Nikhil Advani

New Delhi, Jan 7 (IANS) Nikhil Advani's upcoming multi-starrer 'Salaam-e-Ishq' will represent the emotional bonding between the director and his mentor Karan Johar, who were reportedly at loggerheads after the release of their film 'Kal Ho Naa Ho'.

'Karan is emotionally and intelligently present in the film. I have worked with Sudhir Mishra also and my film shows all that I have learned from my peers. In fact, I am borrowing everything from my mentors,' Advani told IANS on telephone from Mumbai.

Despite a hit in his kitty and an impressive cast which boasts of big names like Priyanka Chopra-Salman Khan, John Abraham-Vidya Balan, Anil Kapoor-Juhi Chawla, Akshaye Khanna-Ayesha Takia, Sohail Khan-Esha Deol and Govinda-Shannon Esrechowitz, the young director is suffering with pre-release blues.

'This is my second film and there is lots of fear and nervousness,' he said.

So, is it an episodic film?

'No, it is not an episodic film. I wish it had been because than it would have been much easier for me to write it. I faced so much difficulty in writing it.

'There are six separate tracks in this film and they keep interconnecting and inter-crossing each other and in the end they become one track. There are seven songs in the film and in four of them you can see all the couples. That is enough testimony to prove that it is not an episodic film.'

Advani's film is meant for those who have experienced love in life.

'It is a story of what you shouldn't do when you are in love. All the characters in this film are creating confusion and complicating their lives but in the end they straighten it out.'

Most of the big budget multi-starrers eye NRI audiences but Advani says that his film will appeal to all and sundry.

'Govinda is a taxi driver in Delhi, Anil and Juhi are married and struggling with their marriage in London, Sohail and Esha are a newly married Haryanvi couple concentrating on their marriage... So it is a universal kind of film and it will appeal to every one. It shows that love overpowers everything. If you have ever been in love, you will like this film.'

After two films, Advani can boast of working with almost all the top-notch stars of Bollywood. So is Aamir Khan his next target?

'I would love to work with him but he is very choosy about his roles. I will have to be prepared before I approach him. But right now I don't have anything in mind. Haven't thought what I am going to do next.'

Asked about Johar's special appearance in the film, he said: 'You will have to watch the film to know the answer.'