I had to make an effort to look geeky & frumpy: Lara Dutta

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 8 years ago

I had to make an effort to look geeky and frumpy'

Says Lara Dutta, who plays a translator in her next!

Upala KBR

Lara Dutta Bhupathi returns to the big screen after a long hiatus, post mommyhood with Singh Is Bliing, in a quirky, de-glam avatar. Her character Emily, creates trouble in Akshay Kumar and Amy Jackson's love story in the film.

Lara says, "I play Emily aka Imli, a Goan, who is hired by Singh (Akshay Kumar) and his friends to be a translator for them to be able to communicate with Sara (Amy). It's funny but also quirky. I had to make an effort to look geeky and frumpy. My look was decided upon between the director, the producer and me and was executed by the film's stylist Arun."

Word is that she had to be convinced by Akshay to play Emily. She refutes the rumour, "He didn't need to convince me, he just had to ask. I will never refuse a film with Akshay. Apart from anything else, I love working with Akki. He is hard working and extremely fun to work with. It's like working with family."

Producer Ashwini Yardi says, "Lara plays a key role in Akshay's and Amy's love story. She's responsible for the chaos in their lives."

Published Date:  Aug 18, 2015

http://epaper.dnaindia.com/story.aspx?id=81717&boxid=36945&ed_date=2015-08-18&ed_code=820004&ed_page=1

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 8 years ago
Lara is so gorgeous! 
VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3