Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Hey you guys, thanks for loving the last chapter. No earth shattering "enjoyment" for II, that would be too filmy. She just wants to get away. for the evening I mean

And all the discussions about "corporate India" I think good leadership is a personality trait, bad leaders are not "corporate India's" invention, there were always good and bad ones in history.
MOST just DONT have it

Good people management skill unfortunately is possessed by only 1 out of 100 managers. Its not about "getting the most work done" "or producing the best results"

Unfortunately 99% of managers get it all wrong

Being a "people person" is a rare trait, Bally has it, if we are lucky we will find ONE such supervisor in our lifetime. It has nothing to do with smartness, intellect, intelligence or talent.  In fact the managers that possess all the 4 are usually the worst people managers

Its a rare combination of empathy, vision, humaneness, thoughtfulness, wisdom and kindness.
Finding it all in one person that has direct reports is next to impossible

No Steve Jobs or Jeff Bezos or Carly Fiorina DONT have it.
Unfortunately most of us that "report" to somebody are made to believe that "This is how it is in Corporate India"

THATS BS
It NEED NOT BE

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3

Being a "people person" is a rare trait, Bally has it, if we are lucky we will find ONE such supervisor in our lifetime. It has nothing to do with smartness, intellect, intelligence or talent.  In fact the managers that possess all the 4 are usually the worst people managers

Its a rare combination of empathy, vision, humaneness, thoughtfulness, wisdom and kindness.
Finding it all in one person that has direct reports is next to impossible

No Steve Jobs or Jeff Bezos or Carly Fiorina DONT have it.
Unfortunately most of us that "report" to somebody are made to believe that "This is how it is in Corporate India"

THATS BS
It NEED NOT BE

[/QUOTE]
I guess what we see around in India today is more of My way the only way and anything to push and shove and reach the top...either they are aggressive and pushy 

or  whine and rant about lack of opportunities but dont take enough risks or initiative to contribute...when one is trying to prove ones worth nurturing others becomes insignificant empathy, vision, humaneness, thoughtfulness, wisdom and kindness. are not given adequate importance in India...we nourish followers not thinkers and leaders...my 2 cent on the matter
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Unlikely alliance

She got to the hotel in a half hour, she texted Ranjan "Aaj driver nahi tha so FYI I took a bus"

HE CALLED HER

"Kyon bus li betaji?"

"Oh so u want to talk now?" she asked

"Kidhar ho aap?"

"U dont even want to talk to me so it shouldnt matter" she informed

"Galt kaam kiya na aapne" he scolded

She was deflated  "I know" she nodded

"Koi baat hui to ghar par badon ko kehna chahiye nahi?" he asked

"Jee" she nodded

"Ghar par sabse bada kaun hai?"

"Bada ya lamba?" she asked

"Arey us ki baat nahi kar raha main... nalayak" he scolded his son fondly

"Oh bada, phir to aap" she smiled

"Kidhar ho abhi?" he asked

"On my way to the hotel" she muttered

"Hotel is almost out of town, aapko jaankari hai kone si bus leni hai?" he asked

"I was lying... the driver was here" she said softly

"Beta Vandita ki shaql aaj bahut udaas thi" he informed

"She is not talking with me Dad" she opened up honestly

"Kisi ne koi baat kahi kya?" he asked

"Umm no" she shook her head

"Bansal se baat karoon main?"

"OH NO!! NO NO... NO" she shouted

The driver looked through the rear view mirror

"Tey pher?" he asked

"Its nothing actually" she said

"To be so upset so as to not attend a baby's birth?" he asked shocked

She was quiet

" Aapko sabki hamesha itni fiqr rehti hai aur AAPNE, Vandata ko dukhi kiya?" he asked

"Umm woh"

"Meri baat suno, bilqul argue mat karo... Amma vi dukhi, sab pareshan the betaji" he informed

"amma bhi? Amma ne text kiya" she said

"Batao Vandita, will she have another baby?" he asked

"Probably not" she whispered

"Baldie baldie kar rahe the aap... aaj to ekdum, Iyer dhoti pehni hui thi, usne poore time jaga hua tha... aankhen bilqul aapnki tarah... bade bade" he smiled

"He talks like me to Akka says... screams I mean" II laughed

"Dhuandaar hai  uski awaaz" Ranjan laughed

"I love him a lot Dad" she cried

"I know puttarjee" he smiled

"It has to be office or home or both" he said aloud

ITS BOTH, ITS MAINLY HOME
BUT I CANT TELL YOU
I AM SORRY
I CANNOT LET BALA ATHIM THINK ANY WORSE OF ME THAN HE ALREADY IS

"Aap shaam ko bhi ja rahe ho?" she asked

"No beta I am sorry I cant... I have to work... woh Gurgaon workshop ke jhamele hain" he explained

"Transpro jhamela?" she asked hesitantly

"na jee na." he smiled warmly

"I am sorry I didnt attend" she apologized to the person it was easiest to apologize

"Amma Appa, Vandu, Bala, Baldie badi saari apologies baaqi hain puttar" he reminded

"Jee Dad" she nodded politely

"Lautne ka kab hai iraada?"

"i dont know" she said sadly

"pej doon tere miya ko waaps? he asked in a thick Punjabi accent

"NAHI" she said ferevntly

"Phir lauto jaldi" he warned

"Jee" she nodded

The driver pulled in, the the bearded doorman smiled, opening the door
She walked to the lobby, as the lady waved to her

"U had a visitor" she said

"Really?" "Who?"

"It was a woman" she said

"A WOMAN?"

AYYO!!! RITU?
REALLY?
YA
LIKE THATS THE LAST PERSON I WANT TO MEET TONIGHT
I AM GOING TO BE RUDE AND BLUNT
I GAVE UP BALDIE'S NAMING CEREMONY TO DO HER GODDAMN DEPLOYMENT
I DONT WANT ANY BHASHANS ON WHATS HAPPENING IN LAJPAT NAGAR AND UTTAM NAGAR
JESUS!!!

"did she say a name?" II asked

"Umm... my colleague was here... I am sorry I dont have it written down" she sounded ashamed

"Nevermind" II said
She lingered on the lobby as her mind raced... wondering WHERE could she go

"Are there any night tours?" she asked politely

"No Maam the last bus leaves at 6 PM, its not ours, its ITDC so they just pick up... we can sign u up for the AM tour?" she offered

"I have a job" II chuckled

"Sorry... we can do weekends, if u want" she offered

"Umm... I am going to keep u posted" II smiled

"I thought u were on ur honeymoon the night u checked in" the gal smiled

"Oh THESE?" II felt her choora

She nodded

"well I married a Punjabi man, so I have decided to wear em until the 20th anniversary" II laughed

"U are not a Punjabi?"

"Umm no... an Iyer... umm... a Tamilian" she explained

She had been asked this atleast 200 times in the last three weeks in Punjab

Unlikely alliance...II began talking about how it all happened
There was no guest waiting so the girl enjoyed listening... when a guest appeared II took leave reluctantly

She pressed the elevator button, and the woman from the lobby tapped on her shoulder

"Oh! ur visitor is right there" she pinted to the high back chairs by the bar

AYYYO!!!
YOU COULD HAVE ESCAPED
LIKE VADIVEL(A Tamil cinema comedian)
NO YOU HAD TO TELL HER EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR COURTSHIP
WHETHER THERE WAS CURRY LEAVES IN THE SAMBAR
IF THE DUDE KISSED YOU BEFORE OR AFTER BARAAT ARRIVAL
IF KAMAKSHI ATHAI FORGOT HER HEARING AID
AND HOW YOU CONSUMMATED TWO HOURS AFTER MUHURTAM

NIIICEE, GO ON...

GENIUS!!!

II turned reluctantly walking towards the bar.

She cleared her throat and said Hi!" inaudibly first and then loudly

ARGHHH!!!!!

YOU ARE IN SO MUCH TROUBLE
I COULD VERY WELL KILL YOU RIGHT NOW
BUT I WONT BECAUSE ITS BEEN WHAT... SAT NOON, SUN NOON, MON NOON, TUESDAY NOON
THREE WHOLE DAYS AND 6 HOURS SINCE I MADE LOVE
SHE COUNTED

He stood up, wearing khakhi cargos and a navy check shirt, with a duffel bag on the side, he pulled his left ear plug out
She leaped and hugged him
"Rakshasan" she cursed multiple times... crushing his ribs

Oldish Sikh couples watched and grinned

"Fauj mein hai puttar?" one oldie asked R&B, Pausing to ogle at a young couple hugging shamelessly in the lobby

"AYYYO!!!
NO...
FEELS LIKE IT.. BUT
HE IS NOT IN THE FAUJ
HE LIVES OVERSEAS
AND TRICKS ME INTO BELIEVING A WOMAN IS HERE TO SEE ME
NO, HES NOT IN THE FAUJ
GO AWAY UNCLEJEE
I HAVE TO MAKE LOVE FIRST AND KILL HIM NEXT

R&B shook his head, letting her crush him

Nisha0604 thumbnail

Originally posted by: charlie1950

Use to take 6-7 hrs in shatabdi from delhi to Amritsar 13-14 yrs bak

OR
He could leave baldie's ceremony after lunch, go home pack a duffel bag, and head to the airport by 3 PM
He could take Jet Airways from Delhi at 5:10 PM and get to Amritsar at 6:15 PM
And get to the hotel by 7 PM

Google shows Jet & SpicejetπŸ˜›

charlie1950 thumbnail
Yayyy they r together
What else do I want
Rest I will leave it to them

Bada tang karta ya dude ll ko
Bechari she was thinking who could
b the lady guest
But got the best surprise
Uska bhi dil nahi lagta uski ll ki bina
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Bahut Achche nishaji. R and R at it again. Ranjan Ranjan ranjan...I am like a crazy person chanting his name Lekin kya Karoon, wo Kaam hi aise karta hai..So much love and care. Each time II and Ranjan have a conversation one gets this warm and caring feeling. So sweet he wants her to discuss things with the GHAR mein sabse jo bada hai...such warmth, giving II the freedom to discuss whatever she wishes with him..i can see this bond developing into a fantastic father daughter bond..lousy the way it should be without reservations and inhibitions. 
And RB...kya kehne...Can't stay away from her..chaahe  jitna bhi pretend kar le, he is a gonnner hook, line and sinker. Kabhi Paris se yahan, kabhi delhi se Amritsar kabhi Jaipur, II drives him crazy and it's only going to get better.

Nisha please harmandir sahib and great aunt ka aashirwaad. Saavy ka ek wahi connection hai and I really want her to get her blessings. Since IYER is soon going to have a bhalla baby, let her get the Punjabi aashirwaad. Wahan RbB ka iyer transformation ho raha hai yahan II ka Punjabi. Wonderful. 

naadswaram mein shehnai ka tarka...
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
pej doon tere miya ko waaps? he asked in a thick Punjabi accent
sooo cute ..
Ranjan u and punjabi makes me want to now make my FIL punjabi πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
and R&B that was sooo R&B like ❀️ duffel bag,shorts cuteness and now u know to hug in front of people pehle paris now amritsar.amritsar and golden temple my bucket list place ..
@shru read ur note soul sister ..will bring shev back too to do some Ranjan gush 😳and vani i miss you here !!!!!

and Nisha thanks for how he got there πŸ‘amazing detail..

and madam II the day u start fearing the boss like this its dooms day da ..quit like 2 weeks back ...been there done that the moment u fear the boss for no fault are gone ..jo dar gaya woh mar gaya..
worked in a startup came at 8 left at 8 newly wed in bay area, the bachelor guys came at 10 left at 10 the boss thought i was the entitle species ...😭😭 and i lived in fear of him no point cause i messed up my precious 2 years without kids now thinking back kya point πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

hopefully u will figure this out i know u will with the Bhalla men..
but truely i feel for u more than anyone right now for 10 months u were excited and u missed the punya janam :-( ..akka and u both deserve the hug from me πŸ€— but koi gal nahi R&B there ab sab changa ji 😳😳😳

Edited by TanjoreGirl - 8 years ago
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
πŸ‘
kidilam!!!!!!
as namru said,bone crushing hug to feel him real!!!!!
u r bilkul normal II.but i doubt about us girls...ur patidev is making us to go wierder!!!
i dnt like thinking that he is not real!!!!
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

pej doon tere miya ko waaps? he asked in a thick Punjabi accent
sooo cute ..
Ranjan u and punjabi makes me want to now make my FIL punjabi πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
and R&B that was sooo R&B like ❀️ duffel bag,shorts cuteness and now u know to hug in front of people pehle paris now amritsar.amritsar and golden temple my bucket list place ..
@shru read ur note soul sister ..will bring shev back too to do some Ranjan gush 😳and vani i miss you here !!!!!

and Nisha thanks for how he got there πŸ‘amazing detail..

and madam II the day u start fearing the boss like this its dooms day da ..quit like 2 weeks back ...been there done that the moment u fear the boss for no fault are gone ..jo dar gaya woh mar gaya..
worked in a startup came at 8 left at 8 newly wed in bay area, the bachelor guys came at 10 left at 10 the boss thought i was the entitle species ...😭😭 and i lived in fear of him no point cause i messed up my precious 2 years without kids now thinking back kya point πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

hopefully u will figure this out i know u will with the Bhalla men..
but truely i feel for u more than anyone right now for 10 months u were excited and u missed the punya janam :-( ..akka and u both deserve the hug from me πŸ€— but koi gal nahi R&B there ab sab changa ji 😳😳😳

Me too have had  a very bad experience with a bad boss...what boss? he had no managerial skills at all, happened to have arrived at that position God alone knows how and kept the entire orgamization  on tenterhooks...fear was his key word. No one said a thing but those who dared to he would take badla..upar se very sweete, all smiles and he he Lekin andr  hi andar khundaki. Made stupid rules like news team can't have lunch together, in the bulletin why have you used a certain word, listeners can't understnd, Bs like that...didn't know N of news or j of journalism...and so bloody insecure because he knew there were  people, better than him...

Really not worth it, if your working environment isn't good you have to bite  the bullet  and let IT go. Not an easy decision Lekin paani sir se upar jaat hai na then it's decision time. 

But I can completely understand II's dilemma. It's a well paying job, she knows her work. Applying for another job and going through the wwhole rigmarole gain,probation, new people,  blah blah at this point, doesn't look attractive.

And I firmly believe that such decisions sometimes have to be made in the spur of the moment otherwise one is incapable to taking them...too much analysis of a situation makes it harder.
putti77 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
"AYYYO!!!
NO...
FEELS LIKE IT.. BUT
HE IS NOT IN THE FAUJ
HE LIVES OVERSEAS
AND TRICKS ME INTO BELIEVING A WOMAN IS HERE TO SEE ME
NO, HES NOT IN THE FAUJ
GO AWAY UNCLEJEE
I HAVE TO MAKE LOVE FIRST AND KILL HIM NEXT

Kuch toh punya keeyi hai hum sab ne...
Kal se Author Sahiba hamare oopar itni meherbaani kar rahi hai..
Nisha aap ko koti koti dhanyawaad 😊