Dhaa-Ki-Tiki thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
The short film brings back the team of Kahaani. :)

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff82XtV78xo&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff82XtV78xo&feature=youtu.be

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
OMG! What was that? And how is it possible? Is it about a particular story or something? What am I missing here? I know I'm asking too many questions but I feel I'm not able to capture the larger picture.

BTW..Radhika Apte is everywhere these days and she is looking killer. Sujoy should seriously start working on his new movie! Like right now 😆 
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
*SPOILER*

Ok, so after googling it a little bit, I realised it's Sujoy's take on Ahalya's story with a twist. But who is being cursed here? The ones who are disguising themselves and taking advantage of the powers, unlike the original  epic where Ahalya herself is at the receving end of the curse. But why do these husband-wife keep throwing the bait? Intriguing man! 
touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

LEGEND WITH A LEGEND

By Roshmila Bhattacharya, Mumbai Mirror | Jul 20, 2015, 09.15 AM IST

Legend with a legend
Sujoy Ghosh's 14-minute short, Ahalya, premieres today on YouTube. It reinterprets the legend of Ahalya who, according to Hindu mythology, was seduced by the King of Gods, Indra, cursed by her husband, Gautama Maharishi, for infidelity and liberated from his curse by Ram. Sujoy's kahaani revolves around the twisted relationships between three mysterious characters played by Radhika, Tota Roy Choudhury and Bengal's evergreen matinee idol, Soumitra Chatterjee. It was shot over three days in Kolkata. 

Radhika had worked with the legendary actor earlier in a Bengali film, Rupkatha Noy. She admits she was too nervous then, focused on getting her lines in Bengali right, to enjoy the experience of working with the Dadasaheb Phalke awardee she recalls watching at a Satyajit Ray film fest during college. "I have fuzzy memories of Ghare-Baire and Aparajito. Sujoy told me that he was once Bengal's most eligible bachelor. Even at 80, Soumitrada is so handsome and charming, with a childlike energy and a smile which reaches his eyes," says Radhika, unwilling to talk about the shoot because it may give away the 'surprise' in the plot. 

She, however, admits this time she was more at ease with the veteran actor whose cheery greeting on the first day boosted her confidence. "He was like a young friend. I hope we get a chance to do a third film and complete a hattrick," she signs off with a smile.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/entertainment/bollywood/Legend-with-a-legend/articleshow/48139928.cms
Edited by touch_of_pink - 8 years ago
AllBlacks1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Haha, I liked it. The heroine is sexy, lokks like young Juhi Chawla. 
They make full fledged horror story out of it. 

Radhika Apte ka full Brazilian dekhiye. No wonder she's going places. 
Really disappointed with Soumitra Chatterjee in this one. 
Sort of a poor adaptation of "the Landlady". Poor attempt at linking it to Ahalya with a twist. 

And thrillers don't work with magical stones. Sorry. I suppose Sujoy just churned out this one in the lunch break. ðŸ˜†

Radhika APte is hot and gorgeous though.
Edited by ibnbatuta - 8 years ago
FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6
I kind of guessed *spoiler start* the cop would turn into a doll a couple of minutes into the short *spoiler end*

But the ending is not well-explained... And I dont like it when thrillers dont explain the whole thing. I might be missing something though.
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I didn't understand...what happened in the end there...was it really magic or did they did some kind of trick?😕
ibelieveinpink thumbnail
I think in the myth Ahalya is turned into stone for knowing/being seduce ot raped by Indra (read this on Wiki) so in this adaptation it curses the one that is doing the seducing. The officer could have left the room, but no he came back despite knowing she's married and it's forbidden. But I guess didn't know. So it's like a test and the cop didn't pass. I guess it's a more feminisit interpretation where the woman isn't always at fault. But then there were those small moments where the cop could misinterpret her youthfulness as seduction--like when her feet touches him, or her hands touch his when she gives him chai. 
I like the ending. It's left open ended, sort of vague but still interesting to see it's a continuous cycle with them.