Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pallavi25 thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Hmmm, this is interesting! ðŸ˜Ž
Soumitra makes his "creations" using his young wife as bait. Any man that comes ringing the door bell, if he falls in the trap of her seduction, turns to stone and becomes Soumitra's latest creation!

The stone is like a touchstone/parashpathar, used to test the sanctity of the person holding it. 
If the man succumbs to temptation, then he turns to stone.
Kind of an allegorical story! 

Waiting eagerly for Sujoy's next full-fledged thriller!  
MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Wow! Turned into a doll 
How original? Haven't seen anything more unpredictable like this before in my life...  except a dozen times I guess ðŸ˜²

MostlyHarmIess thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ibelieveinpink

I think in the myth Ahalya is turned into stone for knowing/being seduce ot raped by Indra (read this on Wiki) so in this adaptation it curses the one that is doing the seducing. The officer could have left the room, but no he came back despite knowing she's married and it's forbidden. But I guess didn't know. So it's like a test and the cop didn't pass. I guess it's a more feminisit interpretation where the woman isn't always at fault. But then there were those small moments where the cop could misinterpret her youthfulness as seduction--like when her feet touches him, or her hands touch his when she gives him chai. 

I like the ending. It's left open ended, sort of vague but still interesting to see it's a continuous cycle with them.

But then not everyone has heard of Gautam and Ahalya's story 
Without any explanation this ends up looking like something one would read in Goosebumps 
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ I found the story interesting!
Nice take on Ahalya Story!

Looking forward to Sujoy Ghosh's next.. full fledged thriller!
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
That was terrifying