Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sashashyam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago
My dear Donjas,

What do I say except that I am delighted that you are enjoying this series so much?

The compliment you have paid me is a wonderful one, and I appreciate it tremendously. Thank you!

Shyamala

Originally posted by: Donjas

Wow! What a fantastic 2nd selection by Shyamala. The prose was so descriptive I was able to imagine it in the first person rather than the third person you see in video.  That rarely happens with me, even with well written books.

And Ohh Boy! My favorite episode of the series is coming next, "the 3 promises". I can't wait.

sashashyam thumbnail
Of course,  and my dear Divya, I had such fun with them, both agreeing with you and disagreeing with you. You are an original, my dear.

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: mishtidoi

Hi Divi, just thought of PMing you and here you are ...missed you a lot , and its good to see you back πŸ€—
Your take 5 and musical posts were unique in their own way 😊

ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: divyavm

Shyamala Aunty, what a wonderful post and down memory lane. 

My picks for Rajat's Jalal are definitely the days he showed a full range in a short span...The wedding week was a period where he showed the authority of a conquerer, which softened when he saw Jodha, but quickly switched to a smirk when he did not want to reveal himself. That was indeed the week I was hooked with the show and Rajat's Jalal.

My other quick favorites: the Amer/ Sukanya wedding track where Jalal kept everyone guessing, the aftermath of Ben track where the guilt quickly gave way to the pleasantness of the Badal/ Kajri track, the unfolding of Ruq's fake pregnancy which was a brilliant crescendo, and then the ultimate crescendo for me, during the death of Adham Khan, which was Rajat waking from calm sleep, to shock, to anger, to becoming the rock that held Maham Anga.

and that was a hidden taken 5 as I couldn't resist πŸ˜†

Thanks again for an amazing set of posts.

welcome back diviπŸ€—
ghalibmirza thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sashashyam

Mandy, my dearest girl,

Why on earth should I be upset. I am delighted with this clever sleight of hand - you must teach me how to do it without fail!

And flattered too, by the amount of  affection with which you, and the others  here, have welcomed me back to the  Jodha Akbar fold. I realised anew how much as I had missed you all, and I am truly  grateful to you, Mandy, for having bulldozed me into doing this series,

Now that you have got me going, and seeing how much rich material there is, get set for around 40 parts!πŸ˜‰

To revert, as I was reading my old threads for Parts 1 and 2, I was sad to see the number of my  faithful readers and old friends who later dropped out as the serial flagged, and with who I thus lost touch. I have PMed as many of them as I could locate, and I do hope they will join us here , if only for old times' sake!

Shyamala

shyamala dearest pleasure is all mineπŸ€—..the credit for your lovely pic goes to our dear anjali, she is the one who pm'd me this edit..i am only good at copy pasting you seeπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
sashashyam thumbnail
Anjali, you clever, clever child, how on earth did you do this?

It is so amusing and delightful that  I have gone a delicate pea green  with envy. You MUST teach how to do this sort of thing, and I promise to be a good student. Is that a deal?

And for this one, thanks  a million, my pet!

Affectionately,

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: ghalibmirza

she is indeed our queen beeπŸ€—

sashashyam thumbnail
Divya my poppet,

It is delightful to have you back with me, and I hope you will stay with me for the whole of this series.
I have an uneasy feeling that it is going to touch 40 parts, so that will need some staying power!πŸ˜‰

As for one's favourite scenes, there are so many of them that even a Take 20 would not  suffice. As you go down this path with me, see if some of your choices for a Take 5 change!

Affectionately,

Shyamala Aunty (not Periamma?)

Originally posted by: divyavm

Shyamala Aunty, what a wonderful post and down memory lane. 

My picks for Rajat's Jalal are definitely the days he showed a full range in a short span...The wedding week was a period where he showed the authority of a conquerer, which softened when he saw Jodha, but quickly switched to a smirk when he did not want to reveal himself. That was indeed the week I was hooked with the show and Rajat's Jalal.

My other quick favorites: the Amer/ Sukanya wedding track where Jalal kept everyone guessing, the aftermath of Ben track where the guilt quickly gave way to the pleasantness of the Badal/ Kajri track, the unfolding of Ruq's fake pregnancy which was a brilliant crescendo, and then the ultimate crescendo for me, during the death of Adham Khan, which was Rajat waking from calm sleep, to shock, to anger, to becoming the rock that held Maham Anga.

and that was a hidden taken 5 as I couldn't resist πŸ˜†

Thanks again for an amazing set of posts.

sashashyam thumbnail
Thank you so much, my dear, both for liking these posts and for your good wishes for my health.

I have had a total knee replacement, and so it will take several weeks of physiotherapy before the knee gets near normal and stops hurting so much,  but in the meantime, this series of posts helps take my mind off the pain.

Shyamala (Aunty? Di?)

Originally posted by: 155pari

Awesome post dear... Hope you get well soon...

sashashyam thumbnail
Yes, and it made me feel good to have you back. Mind you stay with me till the end of this series, young lady! Nahin to tumhari khair nahin!!πŸ˜‰

I have had a total knee replacement 6 weeks ago, and it will take several weeks more, with painful physiotherapy, before the knee gets near normal and stops hurting so much. In the meantime, this series is helping me keep my mind off the pain!

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: ...Poojie...

OMG... Thanks so much Aunty πŸ€—... made me remember the good old days...nostalgic.. πŸ˜³

Get well soon and hope to see you around in some other forum...with you still writing.. πŸ˜ƒ

sashashyam thumbnail
Of course not, my dear! I am delighted that you got me into the Jodha Akbar forum, and also that you have come back to me with your brand new, seductive id!πŸ˜‰ Mind you stay with me till the end of this series, which threatens to reach 40 parts. Nahin to tumhari khair nahin!πŸ˜‰

Affectionately,

Shyamala Aunty

Originally posted by: .FemmeFatale.

Aunty,this is Disha here!This thread makes me nostalgic. Shyamala aunty your posts were gems truly. In all honesty,this forum was certainly blessed to have the honour of your presence here. 

So my initial persuasion didn't go to waste πŸ˜‰

sashashyam thumbnail
Thank you so much, my dear. I am always very pleased to get new readers  who respond so positively to my style of writing. Or are you an old reader of mine with  a new id?

I hope you will stay with us till the end of the series, which threatens to hit 40 parts!

Shyamala (Aunty, Di, whatever is age appropriate, given that I am over 60)

Originally posted by: .antara.

Outstanding and a brilliant piece of work... loved every bits of it... πŸ‘
Seriously though he always looks great  in everything!πŸ‘