Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: shidin0117

Ok will be back in an hour...but jaane se pehle...I have to say this...I agree and reiterate that spending time here is like the best medicine for any ailment

So love u all dearies, take care...

yeah!!thats why i m sneak peeking here..umma will kill me if she knows this as i dropped my part of kitchen job for our evening...but cant help...wanted to know how u ladies are??why shev is so silent???say something...
SR...do try what anu said...

bye ladies...c u soon!Edited by ishruhi - 8 years ago
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: ishruhi

yeah!!!i m sneak peeking here..umma will kill me if she knows this as i dropped my part of kitchen job for our evening...but cant help...wanted to know how u ladies are??why shev is so silent???say something...
SR...do try what anu said...

Yes...thanks Anu and Nouf...will look put for someone who can teach me the pranayama techniques.
dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
SHILPA
Thank You. You are too kind with your words, as usual.

SHEV DI, ANU, ASMA

HELLO!
Hope you girls are having a better day than yesterday.. One day at a time... It takes a calamity in our lives to make us understand the essence of such simple and forever repeated words... Hugs to all of you...
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ddda2006 - Welcome on board! 
Hoe to see you interacting more often! 
Seriousreader thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashu25

Ddda2006 - Welcome on board! 

Hoe to see you interacting more often! 

Captain๐Ÿ˜Š
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anu - Been gushing since ages ya.. Check out my signature ๐Ÿ˜‰
SR - Hey!! 

Hola ladies! 
dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
SR
take better care pls. I had posted earlier, too that the re-growth of Tan's hair is directly proportional to your rate of getting well. You've to achieve this goal!

NOUF

Jaa ke khana paka tu, logon ko nahi๐Ÿ˜†
Everyone will need different time frames. You have been fasting, too. Please take care sweetie๐Ÿค—
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Belly_Button

"I am lazy, the youngest, so I got pampered, by Appa, Amma doesnt... she made me cook two nights a week however busy I was, not weekend nights but 
weeknights, she would say "this is EXACTLY how returning from work after wedding will be" II said

My affections for this ardent and speeding tale always find a mixed ground. Most authors find success by showing what it is rather than what it should be.

Mostly what it should be is in our heads. People mock when one says that a girl, if working doesn't have to cook, clean and cry. People mocked when VA Shiva Ayyadurai said that you can send a virtual message to people across globe using electronic mail.

Mock me.

Really? So a working girl has to work on the conditions that she still has to cook and clean?

I am not referring to this story in any way other than this because I haven't read it. I have had the pleasure of narrations, though. The author 'shows' truth. But women like Amma need a reality check. Pleasuring husband and the in-laws, not meeting your parents unless the people who own you now grant the permission, becoming pregnant because people want you to, husband regulating wife's money. All of this is true and NOT NECESSARILY in II's regard but in every other girl from a conservative background. 

No I am not another freak who is obsessed with Deepika's "My Choice". I don't really support that either.

What I am saying is that II doesn't have to cook so she has a demo experience of her post-marriage reality. She can cook to help her mother. Appa can cook lemon rice. I am referring to all examples from the story, I hold no grudges against the story, I am happy to have been educated of all other stuff that I didn't already know of.

BEING A WOMAN DOESNT TRADEMARK YOU TO BE A HOUSEWIFE AS WELL.

And thats why they don't use the word HOUSEWIFE anymore. Its HOMEMAKER.

Nor is taking your in-laws shit a trademark. II's sister reminds me of that. As a pregnant woman too if you are supposed to be working, I wonder how far the limits go. 

I am a firm believer of shared responsibilities and equal importance to both parents.

I see girls saying "Why to keep a job if homely duties will always follow as ghosts?"

Not all are perfect or lucky like II to nurture both or be granted leave out of it.

You can opt out of it. 

If a wife works and does the home jobs too, its her choice, not her duty. What other life-ly pleasures does she hold when all her time is consumed in feeding her good-for-nothing husband; having sex and making his kids sleep? Woah!

I am a columnist. I came on IF to sit back and relax but well this stirred my wit so here I am. 

Hey Belly Button,

Welcome to the  story page. This is a figment of my imagination, I am not approving or dismissing any behavior. I am neither mandating standards for how a PERFECT inter caste, inter cultural marriage should be. This is not a documentary on "perfect marriage between Iyer girl and wealthy Punjabi boy".

ALL Iyer mothers expect their daughters to cook after marriage (the ones I have met or know of)
II has cooked a million times to help her mother pre marriage. She has cooked at her Akka's place to help her out as well.

ALL the girls parents that have sasural and mayka in the same city that I KNOW OF expect their daughters to "inform/seek permission/request" before going to visit her parents.Its the polite thing to do.
 For some it may be "ancient/unacceptable/ backwards" etc I am no feminist so I wont bother  to waste my resources or energy in changing that. Most of my female gora friends at work say "their husbands dont lift a finger at home" they are "bums that sit on the couch all day and watch sports" 
"Equal partnership, shared responsibilities" etc sound great on social media Forums and books (Sheryl Sandberg) and movies, real life is often skewed ๐Ÿ˜†
I bet there are billions of marriages like your ideal, but the ones in my tale arent it๐Ÿ˜›

If any girl wants to go see her parents living in the same city without uttering a word to her in laws more power to her๐Ÿ‘

I dont think I ever said "its a trademark" Nope!!! I am sorry if you derived the impression. I am a nobody that authors this tale for 50 vocal and a few thousand silent readers๐Ÿ˜† the size of this sample is too small๐Ÿ˜†

Yes I agree to everything to you say, II should have a choice and Akka should have a choice and etc etc etc. Marriages should be "shared and equal"๐Ÿ‘I have closely observed hundreds of Delhi based Iyer families and Punjabi families AND MY OWN (Iyer) and this tale is a product of that. Almost EVERYONE exists or has existed in my real life. I just gave them my lines๐Ÿ˜ƒ

99% of the time perfect situations do not make a gripping story, or let me back up, I bet there are millions of authors that are able to write a tale where the female lead has all the "21st century freedoms" and yet is able to make the tale riveting.

Unfortunately this is the best I can do

I am hoping the "story" doesnt "stir your wit" and some of our " offline conversations do"๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Welcome again
Seriousreader thumbnail
Commander and Captain are both online ๐Ÿ‘
No matter how choppy the sea is...We'll make it๐Ÿ˜Š
Edited by Seriousreader - 8 years ago
Ashu25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Seriousreader

Commander and Captain are both online ๐Ÿ‘