Users

Frequent Posters

ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: PriteeMisra

Ms. Belly Button,

Welcome to Sosy.

Don't know which part of world you are from. Anyways it doesn't matter. But I get it you want there to be no difference between a Girl and a Guy. However, the truth remains there is fundamental difference between the two. Sperms are always with men and Womb with women. Similarly there are inherent feelings which only female are capable of experiencing and things which only they can do.

I am not a 18th century uneducated women confined to four walls of my home (believe me those women confined to the boundaries of house did much more productive work then we would ever do) and I am very much in favour of work being shared between men of the house and women of the house. However, what is wrong in Amma asking II to learn to cook? Today II is married to someone like R&B where she has help available hence she need not do any household work. Considering she would have married Shree in all likelihood she would have cooked food. In Paris they both cooked maybe mostly R&B. Not necessarily II.

Women wanting equality in all respect today go hand in hand with men and don't hold back from smoking drinking etc. So much so to the extent even when they carry a child in womb. Without giving second thought that, that unborn might suffer coz of her so called act of pleasure.

I seriously don't want such equality. The women Nisha has depicted are Homemakers.

As per your own admission you haven't read the entire story. Sorry, then please don't give a general comment. Coz many a times Nisha has stated WHAT IS SHOULD BE. Nisha is not here for short time success or money. She came here and continues to be here coz there are few of us who want her to be here. She is kind enough to consider people she doesn't even know. We don't pay her. Neither does IF. Neither is she columnist.

this is what preeti i lov lawyers!!! πŸ‘πŸΌ
ddda2006 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Belly_Button

"I am lazy, the youngest, so I got pampered, by Appa, Amma doesnt... she made me cook two nights a week however busy I was, not weekend nights but 
weeknights, she would say "this is EXACTLY how returning from work after wedding will be" II said

My affections for this ardent and speeding tale always find a mixed ground. Most authors find success by showing what it is rather than what it should be.

Mostly what it should be is in our heads. People mock when one says that a girl, if working doesn't have to cook, clean and cry. People mocked when VA Shiva Ayyadurai said that you can send a virtual message to people across globe using electronic mail.

Mock me.

Really? So a working girl has to work on the conditions that she still has to cook and clean?

I am not referring to this story in any way other than this because I haven't read it. I have had the pleasure of narrations, though. The author 'shows' truth. But women like Amma need a reality check. Pleasuring husband and the in-laws, not meeting your parents unless the people who own you now grant the permission, becoming pregnant because people want you to, husband regulating wife's money. All of this is true and NOT NECESSARILY in II's regard but in every other girl from a conservative background. 

No I am not another freak who is obsessed with Deepika's "My Choice". I don't really support that either.

What I am saying is that II doesn't have to cook so she has a demo experience of her post-marriage reality. She can cook to help her mother. Appa can cook lemon rice. I am referring to all examples from the story, I hold no grudges against the story, I am happy to have been educated of all other stuff that I didn't already know of.

BEING A WOMAN DOESNT TRADEMARK YOU TO BE A HOUSEWIFE AS WELL.

And thats why they don't use the word HOUSEWIFE anymore. Its HOMEMAKER.

Nor is taking your in-laws shit a trademark. II's sister reminds me of that. As a pregnant woman too if you are supposed to be working, I wonder how far the limits go. 

I am a firm believer of shared responsibilities and equal importance to both parents.

I see girls saying "Why to keep a job if homely duties will always follow as ghosts?"

Not all are perfect or lucky like II to nurture both or be granted leave out of it.

You can opt out of it. 

If a wife works and does the home jobs too, its her choice, not her duty. What other life-ly pleasures does she hold when all her time is consumed in feeding her good-for-nothing husband; having sex and making his kids sleep? Woah!

I am a columnist. I came on IF to sit back and relax but well this stirred my wit so here I am. 

Reality , I do it(cooking) night after 1.30 minutes drive back from work and I never entered kitchen till I was 24. Pain goes away when your kids take second serve since it is freshly cooked. Small pleSures in life as mom.
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
wow ddda2006!!!
hope u r a silent reader here...welcome...
dristi64 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
BELLY BUTTON, 
Hello and welcome. It is always interesting to ponder over differing view points. What you've shared is in all probability shared by numerous ppl here, too. However, the point that you may have missed here is that the author isn't advocating any kind of ideal characteristics here. What this tale involves is a piece of fiction, with a slice of reality thrown in. While we all debate here endlessly over numerous situations and all the characters, it is to be kept in mind that what is being portrayed here are mostly 'how things usually are'  rather about 'how they should be' because the latter is always a personal choice and will continue to differ greatly. 

ddda2006 ( a name pls if u r comfortable)😊

Welcome to SOSY.
Edited by dristi64 - 8 years ago
shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Don't know which part of world you are from. Anyways it doesn't matter. But I get it you want there to be no difference between a Girl and a Guy. However, the truth remains there is fundamental difference between the two. Sperms are always with men and Womb with women. Similarly there are inherent feelings which only female are capable of experiencing and things which only they can do. 

@bold agree with u Pritee...u gave a very good argumentπŸ˜‰

bellybutton...I agree with only one point...that house wives should be called home makers...

And there's nothing wrong in Amma advicing II to learn to cook...just as u learn something to put it on your resume under skill set...what wrong in learning to cook...

I cannot give a convincing argument...am very bad at debating and an inherent fear of arguments...but whatever good things u learn or have been taught is just going to enhance u as person...its left to the individual what they make themselves of it. 

But welcome to SoSy thread...keep commenting and if possible read the whole story...Nisha has kept it near to realistic and we all love this tale very much. U can also get to know some really talented, accomplished, sweet and amazing human beings.
shidin0117 thumbnail
Originally posted by: dristi64

BELLY BUTTON, 

Hello and welcome. It is always interesting to ponder over differing view points. What you've shared is in all probability shared by numerous ppl here, too. However, the point that you may have missed here is that the author isn't advocating any kind of ideal characteristics here. What this tale involves is a piece of fiction, with a slice of reality thrown in. While we all debate here endlessly over numerous situations and all the characters, it is to be kept in mind that what is being portrayed here are mostly 'how things usually are'  rather about 'how they should be' because the latter is always a personal choice and will continue to differ greatly. 

ddda2006 ( a name pls if u r comfortable)😊

Welcome to SOSY.

wow Drishti...aap lawyer log bhi na...kamaal ka points likhthe ho...agre with everything u have written.πŸ‘
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
hola everyone

got to the thread now..
today took a day off to work on chores license renewal , sons last day in debate camp, taking the kiddos out to lunch,
so not sure when I will get to this thread..

I read a few comments:

@diva lovely pictures and that note from Nivi so Nivi like i missed that comment ..
@shilpa good luck with ur tooth, i have to get rid of my wisdom tooth not yet ready for it cause i have the same fear !
@SR - have u tried pranayama , my dad lives on asthalin but said pranayama /breathing exercises help a bit..

@nammu hope u had a good bday ..
the other 2 M's mera hi..

@ashu - now u have started Ranjan gush - lage raho πŸ˜‰

was happy to see Ranjan , happy to see R&B get her appointment, but  Mr R&B think about what u are missing...a life in MM is something not everyone gets..with ur loving dad and wife and in-laws and sisters but what u get easily we take for granted 😭

@shilpa i love vege sushi its honestly yumm!!!

shidin0117 thumbnail
Hey Anu...
Enjoy ur off day, lunch with kids...renewal of anything is something i dont prefer doing...just got my passport renewed...had to go to police station for verification and so much has changed from the past 10yrs...

I have been putting of going to the dentist for 3yrs nowπŸ˜ƒ

I am ok with anything veg...when I first read abt Sushi I didn't know there was veg one too...I read abt the non-veg kind and just couldn't stop the shudder and the grossness...its something in me...weird I am...for e.g...I eat fish fry...but cant stand fish curryπŸ˜•
shidin0117 thumbnail
Ok will be back in an hour...but jaane se pehle...I have to say this...I agree and reiterate that spending time here is like the best medicine for any ailment
So love u all dearies, take care...
Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hello Anu, Shev, Shilpa and all