software symphony 35 Maanvi - Page 89

Posted: 8 years ago
Nobody needs 2 say nythng...Dristi nouf SR...it won't matter. The pain of having 2 go thru life w/o her wil nvr go away...I wil learn 2 survive eventually...mayb mayb not.
Originally posted by Divashni

Nobody needs 2 say nythng...Dristi nouf SR...it won't matter. The pain of having 2 go thru life w/o her wil nvr go away...I wil learn 2 survive eventually...mayb mayb not.

you will!!!!
"I am lazy, the youngest, so I got pampered, by Appa, Amma doesnt... she made me cook two nights a week however busy I was, not weekend nights but 
weeknights, she would say "this is EXACTLY how returning from work after wedding will be" II said

My affections for this ardent and speeding tale always find a mixed ground. Most authors find success by showing what it is rather than what it should be.

Mostly what it should be is in our heads. People mock when one says that a girl, if working doesn't have to cook, clean and cry. People mocked when VA Shiva Ayyadurai said that you can send a virtual message to people across globe using electronic mail.

Mock me.

Really? So a working girl has to work on the conditions that she still has to cook and clean?

I am not referring to this story in any way other than this because I haven't read it. I have had the pleasure of narrations, though. The author 'shows' truth. But women like Amma need a reality check. Pleasuring husband and the in-laws, not meeting your parents unless the people who own you now grant the permission, becoming pregnant because people want you to, husband regulating wife's money. All of this is true and NOT NECESSARILY in II's regard but in every other girl from a conservative background. 

No I am not another freak who is obsessed with Deepika's "My Choice". I don't really support that either.

What I am saying is that II doesn't have to cook so she has a demo experience of her post-marriage reality. She can cook to help her mother. Appa can cook lemon rice. I am referring to all examples from the story, I hold no grudges against the story, I am happy to have been educated of all other stuff that I didn't already know of.

BEING A WOMAN DOESNT TRADEMARK YOU TO BE A HOUSEWIFE AS WELL.

And thats why they don't use the word HOUSEWIFE anymore. Its HOMEMAKER.

Nor is taking your in-laws shit a trademark. II's sister reminds me of that. As a pregnant woman too if you are supposed to be working, I wonder how far the limits go. 

I am a firm believer of shared responsibilities and equal importance to both parents.

I see girls saying "Why to keep a job if homely duties will always follow as ghosts?"

Not all are perfect or lucky like II to nurture both or be granted leave out of it.

You can opt out of it. 

If a wife works and does the home jobs too, its her choice, not her duty. What other life-ly pleasures does she hold when all her time is consumed in feeding her good-for-nothing husband; having sex and making his kids sleep? Woah!

I am a columnist. I came on IF to sit back and relax but well this stirred my wit so here I am. 
Edited by Belly_Button - 8 years ago
Happy Birthday Namz..
Dont forget to Smile for Dear ones๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome onboard @BELLY BUTTON
Hope to see you commenting often!

Things you've pointed out are thought provoking. 
I have no takes. Each to his own ๐Ÿ˜†
Lets see how our members react 

Really nice update nisha I loved the way he showed concern for ii
there r many ammas around us who tels their daughter to treat her hubby's home as her own,cook fud for ur hubby,and acc to them all these are pointers to happy family.(and another small gp tells their daughter to do thalayanamanthram/pillow witchcraft(i dnt know about the existence of such a word) to change ur hubby n extract frm in laws..no offence!)moms tel to their daughters what they learnt in their life..no mom lik mrs iyer will tel her daughter to do in ur life as u wish...by getting married,they knows their daughters responsibilities r getting bigger.if Mrs Iyer had cookd or does chores for her family only when she wishd,i dont think D II would ever b what it is now...

and she is not promoting slavery or something when she tells II to learn cooking.all moms will expect a best maayka for their daughter and they will take precautions so that their daughter will not b at fault in looking after her family...

as said,gud for nothing hubbys will b there...but what it will take if wife too becomes a good for nothing for family?
and good for manything hubbys do exist as well...
our amma and her son in law r almost perfect in their stands...so such an advice will not create much rift here...

in all these things i m strongly saying i m against any type of slavery in disguise with housewifery(here too sure dat no such word exist)
generation gap n her experience made amma said so...this one is a normal middle class character who wants to see her daughters as perfect homemakers...and this story contains mainly normal things...
all these afterall r mom's duty n a girl'decision!!!Edited by ishruhi - 8 years ago
belly button,enjoy reading this normal tale...and c u again...Edited by ishruhi - 8 years ago
Wish u a happy birthday Namratha.
Ms. Belly Button, 

Welcome to Sosy. 

Don't know which part of world you are from. Anyways it doesn't matter. But I get it you want there to be no difference between a Girl and a Guy. However, the truth remains there is fundamental difference between the two. Sperms are always with men and Womb with women. Similarly there are inherent feelings which only female are capable of experiencing and things which only they can do. 

I am not a 18th century uneducated women confined to four walls of my home (believe me those women confined to the boundaries of house did much more productive work then we would ever do) and I am very much in favour of work being shared between men of the house and women of the house. However, what is wrong in Amma asking II to learn to cook? Today II is married to someone like R&B where she has help available hence she need not do any household work. Considering she would have married Shree in all likelihood she would have cooked food.  In Paris they both cooked maybe mostly R&B. Not necessarily II. 

Women wanting equality in all respect today go hand in hand with men and don't hold back from smoking drinking etc. So much so to the extent even when they carry a child in womb. Without giving second thought that, that unborn might suffer coz of her so called act of pleasure. 

I seriously don't want such equality. The women Nisha has depicted are Homemakers. 

As per your own admission you haven't read the entire story. Sorry, then please don't give a general comment. Coz many a times Nisha has stated WHAT IS SHOULD BE. Nisha is not here for short time success or money. She came here and continues to be here coz there are few of us who want her to be here. She is kind enough to consider people she doesn't even know. We don't pay her. Neither does IF. Neither is she columnist.