Posted: 8 years ago
uhh...ok I realise people can appreciate anybody they want to, if they think three actors are good and the fourth one isn't I don't have any right to say anything. But I do wish it isn't done with the wish of alienating the fourth actor.

Anyway I like that she does not go OTT in comic scenes, people have appreciated in such scenes but I think she has improved in serious ones too..I don't know if it goes unnoticed or what..may be people think she isn't good but I thought she emoted with such subtlety in the slap scene or when she caught Arjun in bonnie's house(the distress of the character came through) or when rads was all angry at Arjun(the scene just before SamArj's date)...so yeah she emotes with subtlety.

I think even she deserves another show and more chance if the show does not gain much ratings and has to end prematurely...she has potential.

I know we aren't supposed to mention what goes on elsewhere..like on twitter and FB but I still will...it isn't nice how she was(and probably still is) bashed and asked to thrown out of the show because SamArj didn't happen.

Comments are made on her looks too, I have no problem with that, no lectures to give about how we shouldn't be superficial..I am superficial.
But all of this just prompted me to make a post.

When it comes to character criticism...I agree with how unrealistic the presentation drama was,that she lets Arjun manhandle her...I don't agree with the term 'bf snatcher'.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rishani77 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Monica really improved, I think her comic timing is perfect & she has that innocence, cuteness that requires 2 play Radhika.
Given that Aham did already tv shows b4, she is doing a gud job matching him & having amazing/rocking chemistry with him! πŸ˜Š

All the 4 leads are superb & without them MMZ is incomplete! πŸ˜‰
muktha_cute thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
talent speaks
if they dnt have talent how much ever marketing is done it doesnt work
bajarbattu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Personally I have loved this chick from the start. So yeah she's just one serial old... and all the others are many serials old. Bechari ko apni footing bhi jamane nahi dete audience. πŸ˜‘

I think she brings a sense of naivete yet drive to her role, that is very endearing. And I just adore her stares. She really stares into Arjun's eyes... like she is trying to glance into his soul. No wonder Arjun keeps getting lost in them, every time he yanks her close to stop her from doing the unthinkable. πŸ˜›
When i saw her in the promos before the serial started, she reminded me of some other actress from serialdom... and I wasn't interested in watching the show at all. It was when I was channel surfing one day and I chanced upon Aham Sharma pehnaoing the red Saree to Sam, that I said ahaaan... must see this serial, and then there was no looking back... Sam though truly zindadil, does not do much for me... as much as Radhika. 

Radhika's character has depth and many many silent layers, and i feel Monica Sehgal has done a very good job of being the silent witness. Kudos to her. 

Shravan Reddy is also FAB!!! His eyes speak so much... in fact everything! 
Edited by bajarbattu - 8 years ago
-Enigmatic- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Frankly speaking
I want to see Aham & Monica as couple in new show...i m in love with these two...
Monica's simplicity is bang on... πŸ‘πŸ‘
I seriously adore this girl lot πŸ‘ i don"t care abt XYZ views...only my view matters for me... & simply i m loving her as an actress & aham toh already talented actor πŸ‘
Midhula3110 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Some people are hell bent to degrade monica.. Wherever der is a topic of comparison,dey come all pouncing, God knows from where πŸ˜•..i find monica very beautiful 😳 .. IMO I find AhaMica as one of the best looking jodi of all tyms..N i am sure many of dem who explicitly compliment kaahmira n aham together, deep down the line even dey know dis s a truth.. Dey simply cannot admit it ,dats all

Now coming to acting, see ppl it is her very first show.. Dont u get dat.. She is doing amazingly well even den.. N der is a superb chemistry between aham n monica .. Both offscreen n onscreen..

And i am going a lil out of topic..dis is the only show which i watch now dat too because of Ardhika.. i was so disappointed about the initial episodes wen sam n arjun were been shown together.. Now i eagerly wait for 10.30

Atarah thumbnail
Monica's acting is pretty much natural. She is good in her own way but in some places she needs improvement. 
If one can't speak good the least could be done is don't speak bad. Spread Love, Spread Happiness, Spread Peace. Live and let live ! 

Constructive criticism is OK, but in this process don't hurt others.

This is not fantasy, its reality ! She is making here career and is acting for her living. If one doesn't support her - Ignorance is bliss. 

One's inner beauty matters more and she is beautiful in her own way. One can't blame her sense of dressing, for this CV's and PH needs to be questioned. In the show her outfits are good enough not bad.

I stand by Monica and am sure any actor would be hurt if one speaks ill about them. Neither of her colleagues would be liking the hate comments made on her. 

Edited by Atarah - 8 years ago
pippa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I'm relatively new to the show and very new to the forum.
I haven't watched the show from the start though I was impressed by the promos before the show began. At the time, I had no clue who was acting in it and till a few weeks ago, didn't know who the male lead was!

I did have a dekko at a few episodes here and there and thought Neil was the hero. He reminded me a bit of Gurmeet Choudhry, only better looking and with better acting skills.
He also looked a tad bit young to be the lead, so I stopped watching. I was hung on Ronit Roy's show that airs at the same time. But, that got too boring and repetitive.

One day, I saw a promo of this show where Arjun was shooting mental darts at Radhika's picture. That made me curious. I had watched a scene previously where Sam had met him and his dog first. This was the pair, I thought. But, this new development caught my attention and I decided to watch.

I had no idea that a war was breaking out in the forum over the pairings.And, uncalled for attacks on actors as well. Nothing new, really. IF is well known for it.
But to vilify someone for enacting a role that he/she is being paid to do beggars belief.
I happen to like all four of the leads individually and collectively  and in pairs...don't matter which one. They are all good and i don't hate one character/actor for being paired with another or vice versa.

But, if the story demands that a man is out to ruin a woman for no fault of hers, he should be stopped from doing it or shown that it is wrong.

I can't understand why such a henious act should be overlooked and a clarion call should be made for that pairing to happen at all costs.
Of course, it would be wonderful if arjun sees the error of his ways and falls for Sam. We've seen that happen several times before. But, what I understand about Sam from one scene where she wants to confess her love to arjun...she wanted Neil to be there to hold her hand. I thought that odd..this is coming from a viewer who had no idea what was going on and who was who and what relation one had to another.
What I felt then was, if Sam needed the presence of another guy there at such a special moment, then it was pretty clear to me who was more important to her.

Sorry for the long intro. I noticed the first promos for Monica...I know her name and all the other names now, thanks to IF. I found her looks unusual and very striking. I have a friend who looks a lot like that. But, more than her looks, what roused my curiosity was the confidence with which she carried herself in the promos. The theme was interesting too. But, at that time, Ronit Roy had all my attention, you see.

Now, I plan to see this show from the beginning if and when Star Utsaav decides to air it.

PS: Sorry again for the long essay!

Edited by pippa - 8 years ago
sudha_suressh thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Not all talented people are shining in this industry luck is also needed to be popular and the rest of the actors are also not so popular either ,showing the hatred for an actor coz of the character she is playing is damm sickπŸ₯±Show some maturity in differentiating actors and characters πŸ€’ Monica is a beautiful and natural actress,she is unique in her way ,she was the main reason for me to watch the show,carrying a lead role for a new comer is not that easy ,not only her all the four we're working really hard and some people were passing bashing comments just like that so easily πŸ€’Without thinking that it might hurt someone πŸ€’
clarity thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I love Monica as Radhika. What I like is that she makes Radhika cute and endearing, but in a very fresh way. Her portrayal of Radhika is not trite, though such characters have been done before. Monica is a breath of fresh air. I think she hasn't been given much opportunity to display her acting chops, but she is doing a good job with what she has been provided. I quite like her.