Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vr15h thumbnail
Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 8 years ago
The only positive about this story is that it gives a credible explanation of how Adhirath's family ended up in Hastinapur (so that Karna can later be in the tournament).  But couldn't Adhirath return to Kuntibhoj desh?  After all, Pandu is no longer king of Hastinapur, and can't do anything for them.

But the serial defames Karna in a big way.  If he can break his (imaginary) vow of not touching a bow so that he can save his mother, why can't he later break either his vow and refuse Indra his K-K or his vow to Dury?  Already there is a precedent for rationalizing it.  The thing about vows in the MB is that people fulfilled it no matter how destructive - be it Karna, Yudhistir, Bhima or Arjun.

I do wonder whether the Pandavas have yet been born or not.  But why does Karna need Dronacharya, when he can perform impossible archery feats w/ his feet, no less!!!
KURT15 thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

The only positive about this story is that it gives a credible explanation of how Adhirath's family ended up in Hastinapur (so that Karna can later be in the tournament).  But couldn't Adhirath return to Kuntibhoj desh?  After all, Pandu is no longer king of Hastinapur, and can't do anything for them.

But the serial defames Karna in a big way.  If he can break his (imaginary) vow of not touching a bow so that he can save his mother, why can't he later break either his vow and refuse Indra his K-K or his vow to Dury?  Already there is a precedent for rationalizing it.  The thing about vows in the MB is that people fulfilled it no matter how destructive - be it Karna, Yudhistir, Bhima or Arjun.

I do wonder whether the Pandavas have yet been born or not.  But why does Karna need Dronacharya, when he can perform impossible archery feats w/ his feet, no less!!!

You are forgetting the most famous vow of them all- Bhishma!!

Seriously, I don't think the makers of this serial is capable of understanding the values of that age or the sanctity of vow. It was a time when even a spoken word was as good as an oath.

He can do impossible archery feats with no training, but who will give him Divyastras?

Seriously, using logic to explain this serial will be an exercise in futility
Vr15h thumbnail
Don't worry, Vyasa didn't follow logic either, so I don't expect it of his descendants 😆
Vr15h thumbnail
Moday's episode - looked like stolen out of Indiana Jones & the Temple of doom.  The adivasis capture the entire family and take them to their chief, who wants to perform a human sacrifice 🤢

In heaven, Suryadev & Shani (Daya Shankar Pandey - the same guy who played Shani in Mahima Shani Dev ki on Imagine  TV) are discussing Karna.  Shani asks him whether he won't save him, and Suryadev tells him that it's up to him, the older brother.  Shani tells him that Karna will be subjected to some tests 🤢 (Reminds me of the swarna kamal episodes in Gurmina's Ramayan)

The family in the meantime finds out from a rishi who appears there that the only way to save Radha is to get her a medicine from a mountain by Sundawn (Karna now has to replicate Hanuman's feats 😆).  Karna thinks it's impossible, but Shon, who's snuck in the bow while they were captured, uncovers it and tells Karna to use it.  Karna refuses, given his vow to Radha, and that only Radha can release him from his vow.  Uchchyasena insists, asking him whether his vow is more important than his mother's life.  Adhirath then decides to surrender and begs the bandits to sacrifice him but save his wife.  Uchchyasena & Shon continue to urge Karna to use his bow.  Karna ultimately decides to save his father and asks  unconscious Radha to forgive him for breaking his vow.

The bandits are now dragging Adhirath to the alter, but Karna ties the 2 parts of his bow and fires a twig at them.  One of them fire an arrow at him, which he catches, and he fires that back at him, killing or wounding him.  Then a battle ensues and Karna fires arrows at a lot of them, felling them (not clear where he's getting all those arrows).  He then approaches the bandit chief, bow in hand
Sanskruthi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Karna shooting with feet😲 I wonder if there is anything left for Prof. Drona and Prof. Parshurama😳
Tumhihobandhuji thumbnail

Originally posted by: Proud-India

This show is by Swastik Production who made Star Bharat 

so fiction is EXPECTED from them ðŸ¥±

Okay, but at least  Karna's story somewhat resembled the original Mahabharata. They know the truth, so why are they fictionalizing this show?
Meynika thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you for your post.

I agree with every point you've mentioned.

Since Radha was shown to hate Karna for being her stepson(??🤢) I stopped watching.
I totally cannot relate to this show, too much fiction.

Too bad they show Radha maa like that, I just can't watch Karna being tortured by lack of motherly love like that!

Maybe some other Production House can make Suryaputra Karna the way is it supposed to be and maybe then I can give it another try watching that one.🤔

Edited by Meynika - 8 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Well, good news, guys.  After Karna saves Radha, she finally softens towards him and for the first time, allows him to lie on her lap.

And Shon has this talent for always getting his bro in trouble.  This time, in Dhritarashtra's court.  Monday, we'll see more of Dhritarashtra, Gandhari & Shakuni
parvathyk thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Well, good news, guys.  After Karna saves Radha, she finally softens towards him and for the first time, allows him to lie on her lap.

And Shon has this talent for always getting his bro in trouble.  This time, in Dhritarashtra's court.  Monday, we'll see more of Dhritarashtra, Gandhari & Shakuni

funny thing Shon enter directly to palace ! so it means any 1 can enter without permission?  lol
pyaaribehna thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: stylish_VJ

Hey friends...New here...

I watched the first 2 episodes of Suryaputra Karna (SPK) and I am amazed at the amazing quality . I thought the whole race between sun and Karna was magnanimously shot. I think the graphics, VFX-Dig etc used for the show has surpassed the other amazing mytho shows we have had in the recent past.

But so many things feel contradictory as far as the story goes. I am not well-versed in mythology but have a decent idea about things.

Did Priyamvada actually have such a strong hold on matters? I mean such that she was the one who called the shots? Made Adirath save the baby and forced him to adopt the child? Didn't Adirath and Radha find the baby near a lake and adopt him?

Plus didn't Karna get the name Karna during the later stages of his life? Wasn't he named Vasusena by Adhirath and Radha? Called Radheya because of Radha's 'Unconditional love' for Karna? Wasn't Kunti the only one who knew that her son would grow up to be called Karna because Surya Bhagwaan told her so? So how did Adirath name the kid Karna? 😕

Plus no one besides Lord Krishna and Kunti knew about Karna's reality. That he was Surya's son. Then how did Adirath know???

Did Adirath really claim Karna to be his son from another woman? And Radha dislikes him? Really?

Adirath was a charioteer in the Kingdom of Hastinapur in fact he was Dhritarashtra's charioteer so how come they showed he was the charioteer of  Kuntibhoj Maharaja?

And wasn't Shon born long after Karna was adopted? 😕

I get that since it's a TV series a lot of aspects and facts will be fictionalized and given a writers' twist but shouldn't it b some resemblance to the the original thing?

Is there a version of Karna's story anywhere in the scriptures? Because they claim this to be the "true" story of Karna. I would like to know on the basis of what?