FICTIONALIZED Suryaputra Karna. Why? Should't common facts be retained

stylish_VJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 8 years ago
Hey friends...New here...

I watched the first 2 episodes of Suryaputra Karna (SPK) and I am amazed at the amazing quality . I thought the whole race between sun and Karna was magnanimously shot. I think the graphics, VFX-Dig etc used for the show has surpassed the other amazing mytho shows we have had in the recent past.

But so many things feel contradictory as far as the story goes. I am not well-versed in mythology but have a decent idea about things.

Did Priyamvada actually have such a strong hold on matters? I mean such that she was the one who called the shots? Made Adirath save the baby and forced him to adopt the child? Didn't Adirath and Radha find the baby near a lake and adopt him?

Plus didn't Karna get the name Karna during the later stages of his life? Wasn't he named Vasusena by Adhirath and Radha? Called Radheya because of Radha's 'Unconditional love' for Karna? Wasn't Kunti the only one who knew that her son would grow up to be called Karna because Surya Bhagwaan told her so? So how did Adirath name the kid Karna? ๐Ÿ˜•

Plus no one besides Lord Krishna and Kunti knew about Karna's reality. That he was Surya's son. Then how did Adirath know???

Did Adirath really claim Karna to be his son from another woman? And Radha dislikes him? Really?

Adirath was a charioteer in the Kingdom of Hastinapur in fact he was Dhritarashtra's charioteer so how come they showed he was the charioteer of  Kuntibhoj Maharaja?

And wasn't Shon born long after Karna was adopted? ๐Ÿ˜•

I get that since it's a TV series a lot of aspects and facts will be fictionalized and given a writers' twist but shouldn't it b some resemblance to the the original thing?
Edited by stylish_VJ - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bulbul3 thumbnail
OMG i so agree with you. 
I just made a thread on the same topic and then i saw your take on the same matter. 

I loved the graphics but the way they molded the story wasn't fare. 

all the overly melodramatic story, our new generation will grow up watching this unclear explanation of things. 

stylish_VJ thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: bulbul3

OMG i so agree with you. 

I just made a thread on the same topic and then i saw your take on the same matter. 

I loved the graphics but the way they molded the story wasn't fare. 

all the overly melodramatic story, our new generation will grow up watching this unclear explanation of things. 

Exactly...I get fictionalizing some aspects, following various mytho's from various books and regions but all said and done shouldn't basic story remain what everybody knows it to be?

I am watching Radha Ma giving step-mother treatment to Karna? Why? Everybody knows that Radha Ma loved Karna beyond words could ever describe, that Radha Ma is one of the rarest and most important examples of selfless-true mother so why show something that does not even look or feel remotely close?

Did Karna really have to prove himself to Radha too? As far as I know NO...She loved him selflessly and he was always her son, her first son...but here even that fact has been twisted. Karna and Shon are of same age and apparently Adhirath committed adultery or so he tells everybody๐Ÿ˜•

Edited by stylish_VJ - 8 years ago
vinnas thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i seen only frst epi nd mesmerised with technical work

nd regarding story its fully disconeted wat thy shown n wat i known frm ages ..omg ..

agree with u 100% ..

nd one more doubt adirath really had his own son ..never heard ..many shows n movies shown adirath n radha not had any kids in thr life nd found karna in tht lake nd brought up as ther own ...radha loved karna unconditionally ..

but here ..

too much fictional..

dnt know wat cv s will show in future reg mahabharath yudd n karn ..
parvathyk thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
even i watch only 1st episode and stoped watching 
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: vinnas

i seen only frst epi nd mesmerised with technical work

nd regarding story its fully disconeted wat thy shown n wat i known frm ages ..omg ..

agree with u 100% ..

nd one more doubt adirath really had his own son ..never heard ..many shows n movies shown adirath n radha not had any kids in thr life nd found karna in tht lake nd brought up as ther own ...radha loved karna unconditionally ..

but here ..

too much fictional..

dnt know wat cv s will show in future reg mahabharath yudd n karn ..

Adhirath and Radha did not have a child when they found Karna (in fact they named him Vasusen) Many years later Radha gave birth to his own son Shon. But this did never decrease her love for Karna
parvathyk thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: shipreeta

Adhirath and Radha did not have a child when they found Karna (in fact they named him Vasusen) Many years later Radha gave birth to his own son Shon. But this did never decrease her love for Karna

Adhiratha was the foster father of Karna and the chief charioteer of King Dhritrashtra. But as per Srimad Bhagavatam, Adhiratha descended from Yayati and therefore was related to Krishna. He was also the descendant of Rompad,[1] the king of Angdesh and brother inlaw of Maharaja Dashratha king of Ayodhya. His wife's name was Radha (Mahbhrata). They both had a son named Shon afterKarna's adoption, who became his younger foster brother. Karna as his son was also called as Sootputra Karna. (taken frm wiki )
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I agree they are fictionalizing karna's childhood too much so cant feel connected to the show

At least the facts that we know shouldn't be twisted around.We all know for a fact that Radha ma was a good mother to Karna and loved him so why change and twist this
lovesunshine thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
yes i dont mind cv's showing karna's fictional taau uncle or showing karna snowboarding in the mountains...thats  ok for the trp's...but why to show cruel radha maa...

One of the most important person and postive influence  in karna's life was his Mother Radha..

why did cv's made her into a vamp?๐Ÿ˜ก
FlauntPessimism thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
It is very wrong of CVs showing a negative RadhaMa.  I hope they redeem now and show that some strange incident  changed her heart and she started loving Karna