After Drishyam, OVS getting remade in Hindi

dhakarn thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 8 years ago

Oru Vadakkan Selfie to be remade in six languages

Radhika C Pillai, TNN | Jun 17, 2015, 12.00AM IST
inShare
ovs
Malayalam movies are increasingly finding takers in other regional film industries. Joining the list of movies like Traffic, Drishyam and Bangalore Days is Nivin Pauly-starrer blockbuster movie Oru Vadakkan Selfie. We hear that the movie will be remade in five languages " Hindi, Tamil, Marathi, Bengali, Telugu and Kannada.

A source from the camp confirmed the news and said, "Yes, the makers from other industries have acquired the remake rights of Oru Vadakkan Selfie and it will be remade in six languages. I can't divulge other details apart from the fact that the remake will be a big budget one."

The Malayalam film revolves around an engineering student Umesh, and his encounter with a pretty girl, Daisy, played by Manjima Mohan. Vineeth Sreenivasan scripted the film helmed by G. Prajith.

When quizzed whether the storyline will undergo any change, the source informed, "A few changes will be made to suit the sensibilities of the audience in each industry, but there wouldn't be many alterations." If all goes well, Oru Vadakkan Selfie will get the title of 'the movie with the most number of remakes', after the Mohanlal-starrer Drishyam. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Neela-Paani thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I need to catch up with this movie now

Love Nivin ๐Ÿ˜ณ..He has got great  knack in script selection so OVS must be good

But I am eagerly waiting for Om Shanti Osana remake...Plsss someone make this possible

BD is way too overrated so are Nazriya's hubby and the Dulqer chap๐Ÿ˜†
dhakarn thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
^ yeah i like Nivin too ...n DQ too 
   yes , Nivin has got excellent script sense ... his latest film 'Premam' already broke Bangalore Days record n is fast catching up with drisyam ...  heard that all shows of premam in Mumbai r full even in 4th week , despite heavy rain 
Neela-Paani thumbnail

Originally posted by: dhakarn

yes , Nivin has got excellent script sense ... his latest film 'Premam' already broke Bangalore Days record n is fast catching up with drisyam ...  heard that all shows of premam in Mumbai r full even in 4th week , despite heavy rain 

wow!!๐Ÿ‘ hit streak continues..
He is going to be a superstar...Easy on eyes,charismatic,natural acting..hope he proves his versatility too..So proud cuz he is an outsider and might not be having any backing from industry๐Ÿ˜ณ

I loveee his pairing with Nazriya...sucks she quit acting ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Edited by Neela-Paani - 8 years ago
Kamala05 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
[QUOTE=Neela-Paani]I need to catch up with this movie now

Love Nivin ๐Ÿ˜ณ..He has got great  knack in script selection so OVS must be good

But I am eagerly waiting for Om Shanti Osana remake...Plsss someone make this possible

BD is way too overrated so are Nazriya's hubby and the Dulqer chap๐Ÿ˜†
[/QUOTE
Yes Nivin's screen selection is amazing and he is the top actor in the industry now.
What is BD? Fahad fazil is not overrated in my opinion but his script sense sucks and yes Dulquar is overrated he can do a certain kinds of roles only.
I heard that Nazriya is doing a film her husband announced ,sad that she agreed for marriage at the age of 21 and now she is waiting for the permission of her husband and in laws to act in the film.
Edited by ramyarn - 8 years ago
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dhakarn

yes , Nivin has got excellent script sense ... his latest film 'Premam' already broke Bangalore Days record n is fast catching up with drisyam ... heard that all shows of premam in Mumbai r full even in 4th week , despite heavy rain

Yay!! Kitni acchi news sunaayi aapne. ๐Ÿฅณ He deserves everything that's coming his way, whattay lovely actor. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Even I love Nivin more than Dulquer. ๐Ÿ˜†
Neela-Paani thumbnail

Originally posted by: ramyarn

BD=Bangalore days

I honestly liked coming off age movies which BW made in past-WUS,YJHD,DCH etc far better

With Fahad guy,I've only seen Diamond Necklace and BD..didnt find anything great abt his acting..I mean very normal performance..he cant dance..no comic timing..But critics from South seems to be raving on and on abt him

Dulqer-I've seen some 2-3 movies...he is really average..he is not that great looking like ppl claim..yup nt at all versatile...same college boy in 20s kinda role,he is repeatedly choosing to act as..Good energy but lacks intensity in romantic scenes..kinda goes blank in emotional scenes..Maybe his acting is good compared to BW newbies but I use a different scale to judge South actors as they are really hyped and written abt for acting skills

Overall Nivin Pauly has won me over

Neela-Paani thumbnail

Originally posted by: ramyarn

So unfortunate๐Ÿ˜ญ

She should be allowed to make independent career choices..What a spark she has..amazing spontaneity..Nivin-Nazrya needs to work together again :('

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Neela-Paani

When I watched Fahaad in Bangalore days, even I couldn't understand the hoopla around him, though I absolutely loved the movie. Later I watched some other movies of Fahaad, the guy is very very versatile...he can carry off any kind of role really well. Be it a timid villager, cocky boss, disgust inducing MCP or just a plain simple guy. He took me by surprise ๐Ÿ˜†

I like Dulquer but Nivin is even better. He is very charming on screen. ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ˜†

rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Oh god..You guys are bashing Dulquer..How mean ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜†  I know he is not a brilliant actor but that voice  Damn that voice man ๐Ÿ˜†