Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Melkor thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Chapter-17

Rashi returned to the hall.Everything was pretty much the same.Ronnie and Falguni were dancing away.Tina was chatting with Nikhil but it seemed as if he was not paying attention to her.Her parents were engrossed in a conversation with Mr Bharadwaj.Rashi sank into a chair and thought about what had happened a few minutes ago.Arihant was there right in front of her.They had danced with each other.She had looked into his eyes.They,they had...kissed.He had hugged her.It was warm and comfortable.She had never felt so safe and secure.And then,it was over.Like a dream.When he was walking away,she had an urge to go and stop him.To tell him not to go.To tell him that she...

I told him to leave.I sent him away.It's for our own good.Yes.It was a right decision.',she told herself.But then,why did it hurt her so much?She felt a hand on her shoulder.She turned to see that it was Yash.

What happened Rashi?Are you all right?And that man?Who was he?Did he do something?Did he misbehave with you?You can tell me.I will do something.',he sounded very worried.

Yash,Yash,calm down!! Nothing has happened.I am fine.I am absolutely fine.',said Rashi.

But that man...',began Yash.

Yash,forget about him.Let's talk about something else.',said Rashi.

Okay,as you wish.',said Yash.

They sat at a table.Yash was feeling very awkward.

So,ummm,you,you know the purpose of our meeting,do you?',asked Yash nervously.

Yes,I do.We are here to see each other for marriage.But tell me one thing,Yash.Are you ready for marriage right now?Do you really wish to get married to a girl whom you don't even know properly?',asked Rashi.

To be honest,I don't wish to marry anyone as of now.',Yash admitted.

Then,why are you doing this?',asked Rashi.

It's,well,because of Mom and Dad.I can't go against their wish.I really love them,Rashi.I wish to keep them happy.',said Yash.

Yash,how can you expect to keep others happy if you are not happy yourself?Ask this to yourself,Yash.Are you happy?',asked Rashi.

No,I am not.',said Yash.

Then,learn to be happy.Listen to your heart,Yash.Rediscover yourself.',said Rashi.

Atharva was getting bored.He could not see Arihant anywhere.Maybe he had left.

But why hasn't Ari called or texted me?Something is wrong.',he thought to himself.

He left the party and drove straight to Arihant's house.The staff informed him that Arihant had not uttered a word and was in his room ever since he came back from the party.

What must have happened?Ari!!!',Atharva thought.He ran upstairs frantically to Arihant's room.He entered the room and saw that Arihant was busy with a punching bag.His eyes bore the expression of a wounded lion.

What's the matter,dude?',asked Atharva.Arihant did not answer.He kept on punching the bag.

Ari,I asked you something.What's the matter?Did you meet Rashi?What did she say?And why did you leave the party so soon?',asked Atharva.

Arihant left the punching bag and looked over at his friend.He looked calmer now.

Sorry man!! I needed to vent my frustration.',saying this Arihant gave the punching bag a final blow which would have completely knocked out a normal man.

Now tell me what happened.This poor punching bag has suffered your wrath for quite a long time!!',remarked Atharva.

Oh my God!! This was totally unexpected.',said Atharva.Arihant had just narrated the events of the party to him.

And unpredictable too.I had never expected Mohatarma to be this unpredictable.',said Arihant.

Lagta hai ki uspar teri sangat ka asar pad gaya.Teri unpredictability ki bimaari use lag gayi.',said Atharva trying to lighten the atmosphere.Arihant smiled.

You are right.Meri unpredictability mujhpe bhaari pad gayi.Woh kahavat hai na,'Mera kutta mujhi se bhow bhow',said Arihant.

Wrong!! The saying is Meri billi mujhi se meow',said Atharva.

Ama,matlab toh wahin hai na.Anyway,chodo kutte aur billiyon ko.Let's focus on my problem.',said Arihant.

Hmmm,your problem is that your love interest has turned self righteous.',said Atharva.

Yes,that's the only thing my love story requires right now.Self righteousness!!',remarked Arihant.

I know you,Ari.You already have a plan up your sleeve,don't you?',said Atharva slyly.

Oh yes,I do.I have planned something.Something very interesting.',said Arihant.His eyes had a mischievious glint.

The party had been a success.However,one shock awaited the Bharadwajs and Alok Agarwal.

What???? You people don't wish to marry each other???',asked Alok.He was shocked.Trisha and Ronnie were overjoyed but pretended to be shocked.

But what is the matter,beta?Don't you people like each other?',asked Uma.She was disappointed.

No,Maa.It's not about liking each other.It's just that we are not ready for marriage.We don't even know each other properly.Such decisions can't be taken like this.',said Yash.Alok and Uma's face fell.Rajesh looked as if he would murder Yash then and there.

Yes,we are friends now.But the question of marriage doesn't arise.',said Rashi.

I think we should leave now.It was nice to meet you all.',said Yash and the Bharadwajs left.Ronnie and Rashi left too.

So,kya kaha tha maine Jaan??',asked Trisha.

I still don't understand.Why?',asked Alok.

You don't have to understand,dear.They were not made for each other.',said Trisha.

But still...wait!! They are friends now,right?Toh dosti pyaar mein bhi toh badal sakti hai.Yes!!',said Alok.

No!! Not again!!!',groaned Trisha.

Rajesh,Uma and Yash were in the car.Rajesh was looking like a volcano which was about to erupt.Uma had her eyes closed.Yash had no expression on his face.

Let me reach home and then I will,I will...,arrey,main kar bhi kya sakta hoon.',shouted Rajesh.

Aap gussa mat kijiye.Main samjhati hoon isse.Yash beta,kya baat hai.Kya kaha Rashi ne.Kahin tune toh use kuch aisa waisa toh nahin keh diya?',asked Uma.

No,Maa.Nothing like that has happened.Rashi aur main achche dost bangaye hain.But I don't wish to have an arranged marriage.',said Yash.

Toh kya Himalaya jaa kar sadhu banna hai tujhe?I am not going to pay for your tickets.',said Rajesh.

Nahin Dad.Abhi main sirf apne dil ki awaaz sunna chahta hun.Mujhe love marriage karna hai.',said Yash shyly.

Love marriage?? Yeh kya ho raha hai??',exclaimed Rajesh and he put his hand on his forehead.

Achcha hua kuch dino mein Sarpmani Maharaj aane waale hain.Ab wahin iss samasya ka samadhan karenge.',said Uma.

I hope you are right,Uma.',said Rajesh.

The next day Rashi woke up,had her breakfast and left for office.She tried to divert her mind and think of something else.But it kept on returning to the terrace when she was with Arihant.The tortured expression on his face,the hurt in his eyes haunted her.She could not stop thinking about it.She could not stop thinking about him.She became restless.

Get a grip on yourself Rashi.Don't think about him.Think about something else.Think about your work.Think about your friends.Think about anything.But NOT Arihant Saxena!!!',she reminded herself firmly.She closed her eyes in desperation.Suddenly,the darkness shuffled.Images appeared before her eyes.Those images were blurred but she could see a man and a woman.It appeared as if they were in the middle of a fight.

Ehsaan faramosh!! Dhokebaaz!! Humein sharm aati hai khud pe ki humne aap par yakeen kiya.Ab toh Allah se yahin se dua hai ki kaash hamare dilo dimaag,hamare zehen se aapki har yaad yahan tak ki aapka chehra tak mit jaaye.',she shouted at him.

Dhokebaazi ka hunar aap se hi toh seekha hai.Aur aap sirf iss zameen par hukumat kar sakti hain.Apni taqdeer par nahin.Aur naa hi hamari taqdeer par.Aur Allah se ek dua toh hamari bhi hai.Hamari dua hai ki aap jahaan ho,chahe jis kisi haalat mein ho,hamara ehsaas aapka peecha nahin chodega.Hamari nazar aap hamesha mehsoos karengi.Jaise hamari inn aankhon mein aapki tasveer basi hai,waise hi yeh aankhen aapki rooh mein bas jayengi.Aap hamein kabhi nahin bhool payengi.Dekhte hain Woh kiski dua qubool karta hai!!',he shouted back at her.

Rashi's head spinned.The images were gone.It was dark again.The voices were like an explosion.

Ma'm,we have reached the office.Ma'm,Ma'm,are you all right?',asked the driver.

Yes,yes I am fine.',said Rashi.The pain was gone.She walked out of the car and walked into the office.That man's voice was full of anguish and pain.It felt so familiar.

No,you are thinking about him again.Focus Rashi,focus on you career.',she thought to herself.

She walked into her boss Jaime's cabin.Jaime was not only her boss but a friend,philosopher and guide as well.

Rashi,dearie,it's been a long time.How was your holiday?Sorry I couldn't make it for the party last night.',said Jaime.

I am fine Jaime.I just want to get back to work as soon as possible.',said Rashi.

You said it.I have an assignment ready for you.You have to re-design a mansion.',said Jaime.

Redesign a mansion??',asked Rashi.

Not just any other mansion.It belongs to the Chairman of Phoenix.',said Jaime.

No!!No!! You can't be serious.You're kidding,right?I mean,I am gonna re-design the Chairman's mansion.The Chairman's mansion??',asked Rashi.

Yup!! And you know what,I am gonna tell you something else.You have been requested for this job by the Chairman himself.',said Jaime.

What?? I mean,I mean,how???',asked Rashi.

I don't know.His representative told me that he had gone through your past records or something like that.Anyway,it's gonna be a giant step for your career,baby.Are you ready?Once you sign the contract,there's no backing out.',asked Jaime.

Of course,I am.When do I have to begin?',asked Rashi.

As a matter of fact,right now.After you sign the contract,you have to leave for the Phoenix Mansion immediately.',said Jaime.

All right!!',said Rashi and she completed all the necessary formalities.As she walked out of the office,her cell rang.It was Yash.

Hey Yash!! ,she said.

Hi Rashi.Actually,we are conducting a puja next week.I will be glad if you come.Dad has invited your entire family but I,I just thought that I should tell you personally.',he said.

Okay Yash,I will be there.Is that all?',she asked.

Yes,No,I mean...',he stammered.

What's the matter Yash?',she asked.

Rashi,will you have dinner with me tonight?',he asked.

Actually Yash,I have got a new project.Tonight won't be possible.I am sorry.',she said.

It's,it's all right.I understand.',he said.He sounded very disappointed.

Wait Yash!! We can meet for lunch tomorrow if you are free.',she said.

Yes,of course.I am free.',he said sounding very happy.

Okay,so,tomorrow at Tetsuya's at 1:00 PM.Is it all right for you?',she asked.

Perfect!! I am looking forward to it.',he said.

Bye Yash!!',she said and hung up.She walked upto the car and left for the Phoenix Mansion.She had heard and read a lot about that place.She had also heard that the Chairman himself designed every house he owned.

Will I actually meet him?God,the Chairman!!!',she thought to herself.She was feeling really nervous.As much as she had heard about the Chairman,he was known to be a reclusive person who never made any public appearences.He never appeared before the media.Infact,he even disapproved of anyone referring to him by his name.

Who knows I may actually get to know his name?',she chuckled.

As the car entered the premises of mansion,Rashi was spellbound.There was only one word for that place.Magnificent.

When she was led into the mansion,she was not disappointed.It was regal and stylish at the same time.Everything was properly arranged.It was perfect.She had to wait for the Chairman in his study.

The study,well,she was not sure if she could call it a study.It looked partly like a rockstar's jam room and partly like a coffee shop.There was a bar over there.The shelves were filled with business magazines,novels and comic books.

Wow!! Some study' this is.',she thought.Then,her eyes fell on the portrait which hung on one of the walls.It was the portrait of a bird caught in the middle of flames but rising from it.That bird was no ordinary bird.It was a phoenix.Rashi remembered that every place associated with the Chairman had a portrait of the phoenix.And those portraits were painted by the Chairman himself.The portrait was hypnotic.Rashi felt as if she were drawn to it.

Beautiful.The artist must have breathed his very soul into this.',she whispered.

Thanks for the compliment.',came a voice from behind.

Rashi froze in her face.It was not out of fear but out of shock.She knew it.She knew that voice too well.But she could not believe it.Her ears were definitely deceiving her.

She did not turn back.He came forward and stood beside her.She turned her eyes away from the portrait and looked at the man beside her.It was him.Arihant Saxena.But he was not facing her.His eyes were transfixed on the portrait.He was looking at it with a kind of reverence.

Ari,what are you doing here??What if someone sees you?How did you get in here at the first place?',she asked after she had composed herself.

Do you know what's so special about the phoenix?',he asked as if he had never heard her.

Ari,it's not the time to talk about it.We have to..',she began.

The phoenix is a powerful creature.Endowed with rare gifts from nature.Magnificent at the peak of its power,it burns in the fire that it creates itself.It is burnt to ashes.But then it rises from those very ashes to conquer once again.It never gives up.Just like love,right?',he said now turning to face her.He looked directly into her eyes.

Love,that wicked little thing.It begins its journey as a tiny cinder.Then it ignites a flame that goes on to become a raging fire which engulfs our souls,our very existence.We get destroyed,devastated.But does it give up?No!! It rises again.From ashes.',he said.

Rashi found herself drawn to him again.She was mesmerized by him.Again.

But is it right for us to allow ourselves to be destroyed?We do not live for ourselves alone.We live for others too.Wouldn't it be simpler if we just stay away from love?',she asked.

He grabbed her shoulders and pulled her towards him.Their gazes were locked.

I am afraid it's not that easy,Mohatarma.',he whispered.

She opened her mouth to say something.But the words never came out.She could feel his lips on hers again.Then,she could not prevent her eyelids from closing themselves.She tried to push him off but in vain.He was kissing like a maniac.This one was different from the one they had last night.This one was like a hurricane.She found herself kissing back too.She could feel the passion in his every breath.She found herself being consumed by it.

No,Rashi!! This has to stop.You have to stop it.You can't do it.Not anymore.Not when you know how much it's going to affect you both.It's for the greater good Rashi.',she thought to herself.She pushed him back.

Ari,I had told you.I had warned you not to kiss me again.This is not right.',she shouted.

Oh,is that so??It did not feel wrong to me in any way,Mohatarma.Kya galat kiya maine??Aur aap kisko bewaqoof bana rahi hain??Mujhe ya apne aap ko?',he asked her.

Bas karo,Ari.Josh mein aakar tum sahi aur galat ka farq bhool rahe ho!!',she retorted.

Really?Aur aap ko sahi aur galat ka farq pata hai Mohatarma??Aap jo sab kuch samajh ne ke bawajood anjaan banne ka natak kar rahi hai!!',he said.Then he paused for a while.

Yeh ho kya gaya hai mujhe.Mohatarma ko tum ki jagah aap kehkar address kar raha hoon.',he pondered.

Kis soch mein khoye huye ho Ari?? Can I assume that you have regained your senses?By the way,what are you doing here?How did you get in?Look,you have to leave now.The Chairman is going to be here any moment.',she said.

Arihant who had regained his composure by then gave her a damn care look.

By the way,would you like to have anything Mohatarma?I assume that you have been taken care off well.',he said with a sly smile.

Ari,yeh mazak karne ka waqt nahin hai!!!',she snapped.

Main bhi kahaan mazak karne ke mood mein hoon?? And maybe you did not hear at that time,but I thank you once again for your compliment.',he said.

Compliment?',she asked.She was confused.

It had taken me a great deal of time to complete this portrait Mohatarma.I do not like to leave anything incomplete.',he said.

You??? You made this portrait.But isn't it the Chairman who...NO!!...the Chairman...you...you...the Chairman!!!',she said.Her eyes widened with amazement and shock.

His eyes had a mischievious glint.He stared at her as if he could see what was going on in her mind.

Now,shall we discuss business Miss Agarwal?',he asked with a smirk.

Author's note:Hi everyone!!Here is the update.Sorry for being late.I hope you all like it.And sorry for any spelling mistakes and grammatical errors.

AlZian thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Firstly Thank you soo much for the update πŸ˜› ⭐️
this chap too was vry awesome πŸ‘
Thanks for explaining that why she said no to arihant. Me n frnds where bit confused
thanks to arshia di she explained as the thing.
Yash's concern is also irritating πŸ˜•
thank god she said no for marriage
I'm loving Yash's dad πŸ˜ƒ himalay jaane k liye bhi paise nahi denge πŸ˜†
kaash thodi insult kar hi lete πŸ˜‰
Poor punching bag saara gussa ushpe utaar diya 😲
"Expression of wounded lion" this was perfect πŸ‘
Kutta n billi line was funny πŸ˜†
Wah ari ne kya plan banaya πŸ‘ ab kahan jayegi rashi contract jo sign kar bethi hai
"Aap hume kabhi nahi bool payengi" oh god this was awesome .
So humare ari bhi all rounder hai. Architecture n all ha ⭐️
the kiss 😳
to rashi ko bhi pata chala tht he is chairman she is equally shocked
and ari is kinda enjoying it πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰
waiting for nxt chp 😊Edited by AlZian - 8 years ago
charmpink thumbnail
THANKS FOR UPDATE😊
I am speechless...πŸ₯±. sacchi mai dictionary khol ke words dhund rhi hoon
πŸ‘πŸΌwow yaar itni achi description 
and our mirza is gazaab yar😳 
like a fearoucios lion 
aur ab to razia ko chodega nahi deal jo sign ho gayi
🀒i was very much afraid ki kahin depression mein aa kar nikah ke liye 
haan na keh de  but u are genius
this update was AAAFFFSSSAAAWWWπŸ‘πŸΌ
and please next update jaldi de denaπŸ˜›πŸ˜Š
❀️LOVE u❀️
..radiance... thumbnail
Hamari dua hai ki aap
jahaan ho,chahe jis kisi haalat mein
ho,hamara ehsaas aapka peecha nahin
chodega.Hamari nazar aap hamesha
mehsoos karengi.Jaise hamari inn aankhon
mein aapki tasveer basi hai,waise hi yeh
aankhen aapki rooh mein bas jayengi.
These lines were awesome! So perfectly you explained why are those eyes still following her. Akhir Mirza miyan ki dua jo qubool ho gayi thi.. πŸ˜ƒ
Dua bhi kya mangi janab ne..
Wo aankhen, yeh aawaz, yahi chote chote clue collect karte karte Rashi ko ek na ek din apna past jarur yaad aayega and that day she will run to Mirza and kiss him!
Kab aayega wo shubh din ...
A rockstar's jam room ! That's how I imagine Rohit room would be like! Full of fun, life and energy!
I really so want to see that reaction of Rashi when the big revealation time comes..!!
Contract ke bandhan se bhand chuke hain dono, ab bach ke kahan jaogi miss Rashi !    πŸ€£
Yash ke lunch ka khatama toh pehle se hi likha jAa chuka hai    πŸ˜†
Awesome awesome update..!
charmpink thumbnail
plss
update de do
updateeeupdateee
uuupppddd
πŸ˜” πŸ˜­
waiting ...
Babygirl287 thumbnail
Awesome update.
Thank gid Rashi ne shadi k lie ha nahi bola,mujhe darr tha kahi madam ha na keh de bt aisa kuch ni hua.
Hahaha...Yash k papa tak uski bejjati kr dete hai
Rashi chahe jitni koshish kre Ari se door ni ja skti,or ab to 24/7 Ari uske sath rehne wala hai to duri to hone si rahi.
Very excited for next chap,plz update soon.
Swarna_99 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awesome update. ..
Incredibly beautifully written. ...
Loved it. ..
charmpink thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I love this ss . hats off to the writer . please continue the story. keenly  waiting  for update. plsss updateee sooon πŸ˜Š
..radiance... thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
And this story remains still incomplete...