Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Seriousreader thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Originally posted by: srividyamouli

LOL Our Tamil movie heroes are famous for pairing with child artists that acted as their daughters MGR...Shivaji and Rajinikath Typical...Heroines who paired opposite Kamal...Rajni later portrayed as their Moms Pandaribai who was one of the first pairs of Shivaji being his mom in most movies too...I do find it ridiculous that Siddarth and Aamir would be depicted as conteporaries...i dont see the younger kids today reading M& B which i know was the coolest girly thing to do then...not any more

You bet they do...upgraded versions like Nicholas Sparks😕
NSB7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Seriousreader

Bring him on-board...then..two's company😉

great thought..!!😉
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Dristi, An Indian child is way more privileged, no I am not talking about the homeless etc... I dont want any one misunderstanding it... but definitely the odds are in our favor. Our achievement is not a big deal at all. Most Desis in the US the family income exceeds $100k. Parents are nut jobs... in driving them...

My teenager tells me top universities DETEST Desi kids and Chinese kids. Coz BOTH RACES have arrogantly assumed "they have the formula nailed".

Straight As Check
Job Check
Volunteering Check
Saving endangered animals check
Writing for school newspaper check
Posing for photos with Red Cross check
Spelling Bee Check
Science & Math competitions Check
Tennis check
Swimming check

Desis and Chinese approach it so clinically that US universities have busted us. We as a race are so disgustingly competitive. I am sorry... its no longer about the journey for us... I strictly speak for the Desis Ive encountered... I bet there are noble Desis everywhere

The Unic recruiters simply hit "Delete" when  the email pops in.
The spark is non existent in the race to "get into top universities". Desi Parents armed with $500k in savings go hunting for Tier 2 , 3, 4 colleges in shame

NSB7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashu25

SR you must let Author Sahiba breathe ðŸ¤£

I am sure Appa will be covered...Shravu and Selvi may be left out..
Selvi must have long gone home...Its noon
Shravu must be asleep

please dont say that...im banking my expectations on selvi...the kinda reactions househelps give to the situations we face always has me blowup into laughing riots!!!

and shravu and uncle R time is something i love love love😳  
VeeIyer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Of the 400+ kids TWO are going to West Point the prestigious military academy like NDA, and one to the Air Force and one to the Marines. The whole stadium stood and clapped for like 3 or 4 minutes. I mean what a brave soul the parents must be to see their child go off and fight these utterly wasteful wars and return home in a box😭 SUCH COURAGE!! India we dont give enough importance to joining the armed forces, wish high schools celebrated NDA admissions the same way

Vidya I am disgusted by a handful of things, but I admire a million things about this country. EVERY person is self made, I dont live on the East or West coast I dont meet too many "trust fund" babies, almost all I have met thus far have been self made.

We toot our horns as Desis saying we are the greatest achivers, but it pales in comparison to what they go through. I mean being employed at 14? at a grocery store? Buying their own cars and phones, paying for Sat night movies??

My son got a job at 14.75 yrs... we wanted him to sense how it must be... he doesnt need any "lessons" hes an awesome kid... but it gives him experiences he can relate to with the average white kid

We all grow up with such "entitled" attitudes,... this country has grounded me in many many ways

So very true Nisha...kids here are so indulged upon...cars at their beck and call, fancy phones, crazy amounts of pocket money whcih we cant even relate to or fathom ðŸ˜•

We sent our son to Gatech for his undergrad...he took to it like a fish to water...flipped burgers and was a TA to get thru the course...
Now of course he is a bit more American than i would wish him to ( 16 yrs!! in US of A ) ...but the grounding will always stand him in good stead. He would have turned out alright here too, but life's lessons are better learnt on one's own...not under the parental wing ...
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Vidya I bet the reason M&B is no longer popular is because 12 year olds can Google sex and orgies on the web. And watch videos and read up and watch po*n.

When we were 12 year olds Internet did not exist, we viewed the world very simplistically... these days most 12 year olds know about everything

SR

I will try and write one now
Seriousreader thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Vidya I bet the reason M&B is no longer popular is because 12 year olds can Google sex and orgies on the web. And watch videos and read up and watch po*n.

When we were 12 year olds Internet did not exist, we viewed the world very simplistically... these days most 12 year olds know about everything

SR

I will try and write one now

Thanks Nisha..the four walls don't seem to be closing in on me now🤗
shidin0117 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Ashu25

Words of wisdom Panda 
Dhanya ho gaye hum aaj ke gyan se ðŸ˜†

We didn't even have graduation day in our college. There was something like send of party in school. 

Ashu birthdays are exciting until a age, as we step into college the excitement lessens and its just a day where we wear new clothes and go to temple. 
For me personally I am like you its jst another day...but i do expect my family...parents, in-law to wish me😃

Envee --u write very nicely...u convey a lot in just 3-4 lines. 
@bold...very true. 
Now before I crib or complain abt anything just one thing comes to my mind...there are so many people out there who do without so many things, whose life is more difficult and I have started preaching abt the same to my kids. Whenever we go out , see the children on streets, or maids kids...I start giving examples.

Even though they have moral science classes in school, I dont think kids truly value the things that they have taken for granted. Its not like out times...for them its like----money grows on trees, ask or demand and get it.

NSB7 thumbnail

Originally posted by: shidin0117

We didn't even have graduation day in our college. There was something like send of party in school. 

Ashu birthdays are exciting until a age, as we step into college the excitement lessens and its just a day where we wear new clothes and go to temple. 
For me personally I am like you its jst another day...but i do expect my family...parents, in-law to wish me😃

Envee --u write very nicely...u convey a lot in just 3-4 lines. 
@bold...very true. 
Now before I crib or complain abt anything just one thing comes to my mind...there are so many people out there who do without so many things, whose life is more difficult and I have started preaching abt the same to my kids. Whenever we go out , see the children on streets, or maids kids...I start giving examples.

Even though they have moral science classes in school, I dont think kids truly value the things that they have taken for granted. Its not like out times...for them its like----money grows on trees, ask or demand and get it.

agreed...unless we are out there struggling to pay for our own food while taking responsibility for somebody else along with us...doing this for them..we dont realize wat we had...even at that point we broode over what we missed enjoying rather than focusing on the company soebody else is giving u..the independence and your strength to earn!!
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I typed a page long essay and IF ditched me ðŸ˜¡