Posted: 8 years ago

Part 1- https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4362463

Part 2 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4368279

Part 3 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4369989

Part 4 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4372186

Part 5 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4373990

Part 6 - https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/4375193

PART - 7

Kabir stood at the window, looking at the traffic below. Everything was the same: the road below, Big Bro's house, this room. Yet something was missing. Flashes of everything that had happened in the morning flashed in his mind. So many wounds he had caused. To his family. Dadaji's words echoed in his head. First wedding invitation. He closed his eyes, trying to clear his mind. All he saw was Nishu. No matter how he tried to distract himself, his mind ran back to Nishu. For the first time in his life, he couldn't dance. He had never before felt so dejected, so hopeless. He had called Nishu every hour since returning but in vain. What if she never forgave him? His eyes flew open.

He turned away from the outside world, the sounds reaching from below highlighting his loneliness. His glance fell on the clock. 4:05 p.m. How could that be? Only five minutes had passed since he had last called Nishu. It seemed like an eternity. Was this how his life was going to proceed without Nishu? Dragging, meaningless? Before Kabir realised what he was doing, he picked up the clock and smashed it against the wall. He saw the pieces scattering on the floor.

"Missing me?". Kabir quickly looked up, his heart thudding loudly against his chest. "Nishu?". Nisha smiled at Kabir. "Nishu, why didn't you pick up my--? Are you okay? At home, is everyone-? How did you come-?", asked Kabir, a million questions in his head. Nisha remained silent. Kabir could bear her anger no more. He ran forward to hug her when a shard of the broken clock pricked his foot. Kabir winced as he threw aside the needle and then stilled. Nishu wasn't there. It was all his imagination. Kabir sank down on the bed. What was happening to him? He had got what he wanted. He was free. Nishu was free. No one blamed her for anything. Then, why did every heartbeat bring him pain? Why did he wish for Nishu to be here with him?

"You know that already, hubby". Nishu was perched on the armchair, in the dress she had wore for their Sangeet ceremony. Kabir didn't approach her in case she disappeared again. Kabir opened his mouth to deny but different words spilled from his mouth. "I love you, Nishu". His heart instantly felt lighter. I love Nisha, thought Kabir, awestruck. I really love her. "You always have, Kabir. Right from the very beginning". Kabir's mind fought hard to place this as a lie but his heart fought harder. He had to accept it. There was no running away anymore.

"I can't love you, Nisha", said Kabir, his mouth dry. Nishu looked lovingly in his eyes. "Why not?". "Nishu", said Kabir, suddenly agitated," Mom says that I look exactly like my father. That I behave very much like him. My Dad left my Mom and me, Nisha. I have seen my mother crying in the dark of the night when she thinks I am asleep. Her struggles, her hardships, I have seen them all. What if I did the same to you? Made you suffer that way? Left you?". Kabir shook his head vigorously, horrified by this thought. "I am not made for love". He hung his head, the terrible burden back again.

"You can't see me in danger".  Kabir shivered, remembering how close Bhabhiji and her goons had come to Nishu. "Of course not. You can't really think that I will allow anything to happen to you?". "You can't see me in pain". "No. I can't", said Kabir, honestly. Her tears pierced him sharper than any knife could. "You will leave me and go." "Never", said Kabir, instantly. Nisha bit her cheeks to keep from smiling. Kabir slowly acknowledged the truth of what he had said. He loved Nisha and could never, ever let her go. He grinned at her and then as he thought something, doubt replaced the smile on his face.

"Nishu", asked Kabir, hesitantly. "Hmmm?". This question seemed to require every ounce of courage he had. "Do you- Do you love me?". Nisha got up from the armchair and sat next to him. "What is love, Kabir?". This was all so new for him. He had guarded his heart so determinedly against love that he knew nothing of it. That was the reason why it had taken the threat of Nisha being away from his life forever that had forced him to accept the feelings he already harboured. Kabir mused over Nishu's question. Many actions, innumerable words existed to explain love. Yet how could love be defined? Kabir thought that perhaps there was one sentence that captured the essence of it. "Love is when you put your beloved's happiness before your own". "Have I not done that for you?", enquired Nisha, arresting Kabir's gaze in her fathomless black eyes. Kabir moved closer to her, unable to stop himself. She vanished.

Kabir paced around the room, coming to a halt in front of the mirror. Was he looking at the same person who had come from Dubai nearly two months ago? No. He wasn't. Nisha had changed him. He had been so homesick initially. Nishu had comforted him. She had treated the various injuries he had acquired over time. Taken him for LSD interview, racing against time. Stood up for him against Sumit, Viraj and her family time and again. Supported him. Faced her fears for him. Kabir remembered when his LSD senior, Mr. Sareen, who was currently in India had invited Nisha and him for dinner. Especially Nisha as Mrs. Sareen had been impressed by his wifey's work at the orphanage when she had gone there for giving donation.

"Kabir, why didn't you tell me that the Sareens have dogs the size of tigers?", asked Nisha, keeping a watchful eye on the hounds roaming beyond the front hall. Kabir was amused. So, Nishu, the girl who he believed nothing could scare, was petrified of dogs. "God! I wish I could run away". Kabir looked at Nishu's ashen colour and the sweat beads forming on her forehead. He didn't know whether the Sareens would tie their dogs, if he asked them to. And, his heart didn't allow him to force Nishu to enter the house with him and behave like the perfect guest. Would Nisha trust him if he told her that he wouldn't allow the dogs to harm her? Didn't look like it. That left only one option. "Run away". "What???". "R.u.n. A.w.a.y.". Nisha smiled broadly. "Tell them that your wife only looks innocent. Actually, she is a horrible, terrible person". Nisha gave Kabir a swift hug and ran away. Kabir sighed as he entered the Sareen's receiving place. Mr. Sareen was an important personnel of the LSD management and he was letting them down after accepting their invitation. Kabir acknowledged their greeting and waited for the inevitable question. "Where's Nisha?", asked Mrs. Sareen. "She's not here". "Pardon me?". "She couldn't come". "Then who's behind you?", asked Mr. Sareen. Kabir whirled around. Nisha was standing there, her angel's smile on her face. She moved over to Kabir and clung to him. "Sorry. I never should have left", she said softly. "Be with me", entreated Nisha, as the dogs circled them. "Always", said Kabir, wrapping his arm aroung her waist, holding her close to his side.

She had trusted him even then, put him before herself when she barely knew him.

Kabir snapped out of his memories. He had understood everything. He closed his eyes once again so that his heart could see clearly. He savoured the newness of his feelings. "I love you, Nisha", said Kabir, sincerely, opening his eyes and found Nisha reflected in the mirror, standing so close next to him that if he moved just a little, her hair would brush his cheek. "I love you too, Kabir". Kabir's smile could have lit up the entire town.   

____________________________________________________________________________________

Thank You so much for liking and commenting!!! 😃

Edited by PranPriye - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

monumolu thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awesome yaar!!! When would our dhakkan Kabiraa realise this in the show!!! Update soon!!!
oh_nakhrewaali thumbnail
Awmazing... great work... thnx 4 d pm... please update soon...
mansi_as18 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I luved it to the core... perfect realisation for kabira
arviabhigya thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful chapter! Love your style of writing 😊 Loved the way u described Kabir's pain. There couldn't have been a more apt definition of love for NiBir. The way u described their actions in putting the other before their own self was beautiful. There really couldn't hv been a better way for Kabir to realize his feelings towards Nisha ! Loved every bit of ur update 😊 Waiting eagerly to read the next part 😆 😳
Continue soonEdited by arviabhigya - 8 years ago
RosaDola99 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This was the perfect realisation of kabir's love for nisha
you are a great writer
Waiting for part 8 😃
PranPriye thumbnail

Originally posted by: monumolu

Awesome yaar!!! When would our dhakkan Kabiraa realise this in the show!!! Update soon!!!

Thank You!!! 😊😊 Me too waiting for that..
PranPriye thumbnail

Originally posted by: ChocoholicShibu

Awmazing... great work... thnx 4 d pm... please update soon...

Thanks a lot! 😃
PranPriye thumbnail

Thank You! 😊😊
PranPriye thumbnail

Thank you for reading! 😊 Also, wanted to tell you a big THANK YOU for uploading all NiBir scenes 👏 Hats off to you..