Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nividances thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

Nivi I think I had mentioned by cuz just got married, I still cant process 75K for her dressing up and 1.5 lca for photo. I didnt realize that Indian Wedding also have cakes these days.😕😕 There was a cake cutting also. And the cake was for 22k  Its too much flimy. There is special chuni with lights , which is held by brothers and boys cuzs when the bride is walking towards the stage also...😆😆😆 I had a good laugh on that one. 

Cake? 😕 Why is India obsessed with becoming westernized? I mean we have so many delicious mithais and sweets, why are we having cake at our weddings? I just don't understand. 
Dressing up ke 75K? 😲 Kya powdered gold ya silver ka makeup laga rahe hain aaj kal? Itne mein to main puri makeup ki dukaan hi na kharid loon?

@bold: That I have seen and I personally don't like it. It looks really flashy and quite tacky. You have the bright lights on top of your head, then you also decide to deck yourself out in like 10 pounds of sparkly jewelry along with a 30 pound blingy lehnga? I can't handle all that. Nope. 
nividances thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue5sky

Great idea! and model the only thing he has permission to buy for her lingerie☺️

What an idea! Nisha, make this happen...please. 😃
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Nivi you sound SHOCKINGLY real for someone so young. No offence to younger people I see many Desi 20 somethings... but you are something else.

I AM SO IMPRESSED with your thoughts

Yep Indian weddings have become a cheap caricature of Bollywood weddings . Even IYER weddings shamefully are copies of Bollywood weddings

When Amma tells me about nieces getting married and how the already long Iyer 3 days wedding is expolded into 7 9 day weddingswith MEHANDI AND SANGEET AND COCKTAIL I am appalled

I lament and cry "Ayyo Amma what are u saying SOUNDS SO UTTERLY CHEAP"

Amma wil be like "Neeyum naanum enna panna mudiyum What can you and I do? So and so Akka (a cousin of my Mom) or So and so Anna said  "The bride threw a FIT AND DEMANDED it"

I cringe listening to my Mom even say it

I am glad I am not attending it though

I was accused by someone not too long ago that I feed and nurture a "bunch of sycophants"  I AM THRILLED I DO

U sound very sane and real to me

Kudos

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Nivi you sound SHOCKINGLY real for someone so young. No offence to younger people I see many Desi 20 somethings... but you are something else.

I AM SO IMPRESSED with your thoughts

Yep Indian weddings have become a cheap caricature of Bollywood weddings . Even IYER weddings shamefully are copies of Bollywood weddings

When Amma tells me about nieces getting married and how the already long Iyer 3 days wedding is expolded into 7 9 day weddingswith MEHANDI AND SANGEET AND COCKTAIL I am appalled

I lament and cry "Ayyo Amma what are u saying SOUNDS SO UTTERLY CHEAP"

Amma wil be like "Neeyum naanum enna panna mudiyum What can you and I do? So and so Akka (a cousin of my Mom) or So and so Anna said  "The bride threw a FIT AND DEMANDED it"

I cringe listening to my Mom even say it

I am glad I am not attending it though

I was accused by someone not too long ago that I feed and nurture a "bunch of sycophants"  I AM THRILLED I DO

U sound very sane and real to me

Kudos

@ Bold Really Nisha!! Where was I ...ye alag baat hai ki aap mhuje feed nahi karte ho..but still the people who are lucky to hear from you don't sound like they write in to hear your compliments 😲.

Darn where was I when that  was happening..may be my trips got in the way.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Shevane,

In 5-10 years I am telling you there will be no pandit, it will be a "exchange of vows" wedding inside a Mandap. No offence to that at all but the values of Hinduism seem to be eroding in India all in a quest for "try to be mod-run" or "Bollywood" like

I know of countless vegetarian by birth Desis here that cook a TURKEY for thanksgiving but are "too busy on Diwali" to make kheer😃  "My Choice My Choice bolkar what was original and authentic will quickly disappear.

Wedding cakes dont even make sense to me🤢
Raising a toast, bride and groom dance in madisaar? (9 yards?) Those are missing now.

Bollywood celebrates Halloween. When Bollywood starts celebrating Independence on July 4th and starts wearing red white and blue, I bet many would want the Independence day moved and the Natl flag colors changed😆

harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Do I sound non-indian when I say I havent attended a proper indian wedding since last 5-7 years?? None at all!! :(
Hence I cant contribute to wedding conversations!
I did hear from a friend who recently got married, that the minimum that photographers charge for photoshoot(no clue why u need photoshoot) was 1L... N everyone does it!! 😲
I realized photoshoot was actually a few clicks from SLR camera... N lotttsss of adobe photoshop! 😆 Edited by harshita27 - 8 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: blue5sky

@ Bold Really Nisha!! Where was I ...ye alag baat hai ki aap mhuje feed nahi karte ho..but still the people who are lucky to hear from you don't sound like they write in to hear your compliments 😲.

Darn where was I when that  was happening..may be my trips got in the way.

Kya feed karoon bol rey. I came home from work and opened a tin of Haldiram gulabjamuns,  After lunch I walked up and down SEVENTEEN CUBES trying to filch candy NOBODY HAD ANY😡
Wonder what the world is coming to😭

I was so mad I opened a tin of GJ... Sweets CALM ME😆  Its OK for the world to be hypocrites but the author couldnt be😆 But the author will be... aided by two micro waved gulab jamuns a cup of chai and a bowl of NASTY over salted sesame sticks (its like the poor Desi's namkeen when u are too lazy to go to the Indian store😆)

Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Originally posted by: harshita27

Do I sound non-indian when I say I havent attended a proper indian wedding since last 5-7 years?? None at all!! :(
Hence I cant contribute to wedding conversations!
I did hear from a friend who recently got married, that the minimum that photographers charge for photoshoot(no clue why u need photoshoot) was 1L... N everyone does it!! 😲
I realized photoshoot was actually a few clicks from SLR camera... N lotttsss of adobe photoshop! 😆

I havent attended ONE OTT Desi wedding in the US in the 17 years Hershey. I live in the boonies yahan koi Desi REHNA nahi chahta shaadi to bahut door ki baat hai. I have attended many Punju and Iyer weddings in Delhi and Blore after mine... none in Tamil Nadu after I got married

I do look at pictures of Gujju friends that have families here that go to TX and IA and NY and NJ and MI for weddings... I cant tell if its a Bollywood wedding or a Catholic wedding, it doesnt look like a HINDU SHAADI

TOO much make up, too much D-JY-NAR crap... years ago we went to UC Berkeley I recall my husband urging me to buy a suit in the stores there, he said "Itni door aaye hain to le le"

I told him I wouldnt be DEAD in any of those... they were fugly... they are for ABCD kids that wont go to India😆 cheap and overly embellished... Mere liye Khadi Bhavan in CP, or Shankar Market is FABULOUS😳Thank you... I still wear mine tailored... by a neighborhood Masterji in Dilli
😃
Hsp.canada thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

Shevane,

In 5-10 years I am telling you there will be no pandit, it will be a "exchange of vows" wedding inside a Mandap. No offence to that at all but the values of Hinduism seem to be eroding in India all in a quest for "try to be mod-run" or "Bollywood" like

I know of countless vegetarian by birth Desis here that cook a TURKEY for thanksgiving but are "too busy on Diwali" to make kheer😃  "My Choice My Choice bolkar what was original and authentic will quickly disappear.

Wedding cakes dont even make sense to me🤢
Raising a toast, bride and groom dance in madisaar? (9 yards?) Those are missing now.

Bollywood celebrates Halloween. When Bollywood starts celebrating Independence on July 4th and starts wearing red white and blue, I bet many would want the Independence day moved and the Natl flag colors changed😆

That day is not far when India will  celebrate 4th of July. 😆I saw pics of Indian Halloween😆 I wonder do they even the reason behind it.  My cuz got married just 4 weeks ago, so I heard all this stuff. I am bewildered by all the stuff I was hearing from mom! I was like really, aur suno, boys outfit was for 1.25 lac for the wedding. There was cake cutting when my cousin came to do her phera and typically it used brother goes and gets the sister and Jiju but now the whole clan shows up, so they had caters for that too. And small gifts were exchanged in that as well. They are typical middle class family and they spent more then 32lac at the wedding.😲 So many new customs have originated, they are influenced by TV. 
Edited by Hsp.canada - 8 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Shevane

I agree TV weddings are a OTT tamasha, in YHM they showed the wedding for two weeks? three weeks?  Insanity
And then Mrs Ishita Bhalla offered her bed to Shagun Bhalla🤣

Mr Iyer ka shaadi ka loan repay nahi hua hoga, daughter put a "For Sale" sign on the bed BEFORE trying it🤣