Fan Fictions

Software Symphony 21 Plan & Pilfer on 17 - Page 103

Hsp.canada thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Nisha0604

Shevane

I agree TV weddings are a OTT tamasha, in YHM they showed the wedding for two weeks? three weeks?  Insanity
And then Mrs Ishita Bhalla offered her bed to Shagun Bhalla๐Ÿคฃ

Mr Iyer ka shaadi ka loan repay nahi hua hoga, daughter put a "For Sale" sign on the bed BEFORE trying it๐Ÿคฃ

๐Ÿคฃ

That was classic. Sorry about the spelling, I am cooking and typing. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">I havent attended ONE OTT Desi wedding in the US in the 17 years Hershey. I live in the boonies yahan koi Desi REHNA nahi chahta shaadi to bahut door ki baat hai. I have attended many Punju and Iyer weddings in Delhi and Blore after mine... none in Tamil Nadu after I got married

I do look at pictures of Gujju friends that have families here that go to TX and IA and NY and NJ and MI for weddings... I cant tell if its a Bollywood wedding or a Catholic wedding, it doesnt look like a HINDU SHAADI

TOO much make up, too much D-JY-NAR crap... years ago we went to UC Berkeley I recall my husband urging me to buy a suit in the stores there, he said "Itni door aaye hain to le le"

I told him I wouldnt be DEAD in any of those... they were fugly... they are for ABCD kids that wont go to India๐Ÿ˜† cheap and overly embellished... Mere liye Khadi Bhavan in CP, or Shankar Market is FABULOUS๐Ÿ˜ณThank you... I still wear mine tailored... by a neighborhood Masterji in Dilli</font>๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I havent attended any wedding - amrikan or Indian in 5-7 years.
I do understand ki ABCDs who have been born n brought up here, are used to amrikan style of indian wedding, n lets accept indian girls are pretty brown skins... Amrikan girls are pretty pale skinned.. The pale skinned ones are obsessed with makeup to bring some flush n color to their skin n the ABCDs are wanting to mostly use the same obsession to lighten or maybe prettying up their pretty looks n nice hair!
Isliye ABCD ko makeup n waisi weddings maaf!!
Jab indiaei rehne wali desi junta lekin indian halloween manati hai, tab mujhe ye directionless westernization bura lagta hai! India mei masti wale festivals kya kamm hain jo ye halloween manana zaruri hai? Manana hai toh ram navami mei mythological dressup mei jao.. But naa.. Wo LS ho gaya!๐Ÿ˜†
Ye amrikan toh kabhi desi festival manane ko nahi marte!
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Kya feed karoon bol rey. I came home from work and opened a tin of Haldiram gulabjamuns,  After lunch I walked up and down SEVENTEEN CUBES trying to filch candy NOBODY HAD ANY๐Ÿ˜ก
Wonder what the world is coming to๐Ÿ˜ญ

I was so mad I opened a tin of GJ... Sweets CALM ME๐Ÿ˜†  Its OK for the world to be hypocrites but the author couldnt be๐Ÿ˜† But the author will be... aided by two micro waved gulab jamuns a cup of chai and a bowl of NASTY over salted sesame sticks (its like the poor Desi's namkeen when u are too lazy to go to the Indian store๐Ÿ˜†)

UPDATES UPDATES AND MORE UPDATES ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† Bas wohi chahiye..haan aur replies bhi...we are on different hemispheres so i guess i get under the avalanche ...phir bhi...aasiku alave illai!

Aur kya..

waise I'm an ok cook...especially with trick cooking and short cut recep's. 5 minute ka mysorepak chaiye...
Bol do bhejthi hoon tried and tested one for your sweet tooth indulgences. I have to stop making them. Have given up sweets for 90 days now ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I had no idea days were actually this LOOONG.
Edited by blue5sky - 8 years ago
nividances thumbnail

Nivi you sound SHOCKINGLY real for someone so young. No offence to younger people I see many Desi 20 somethings... but you are something else.

I AM SO IMPRESSED with your thoughts

Yep Indian weddings have become a cheap caricature of Bollywood weddings . Even IYER weddings shamefully are copies of Bollywood weddings

When Amma tells me about nieces getting married and how the already long Iyer 3 days wedding is expolded into 7 9 day weddingswith MEHANDI AND SANGEET AND COCKTAIL I am appalled

I lament and cry "Ayyo Amma what are u saying SOUNDS SO UTTERLY CHEAP"

Amma wil be like "Neeyum naanum enna panna mudiyum What can you and I do? So and so Akka (a cousin of my Mom) or So and so Anna said  "The bride threw a FIT AND DEMANDED it"

I cringe listening to my Mom even say it

I am glad I am not attending it though

I was accused by someone not too long ago that I feed and nurture a "bunch of sycophants"  I AM THRILLED I DO

U sound very sane and real to me

Kudos

Who I am today is a crystal clear reflection of my parents, their ideologies, and their upbringing. I am only as sane and real as I have been raised to be. There was a point in time where I literally hit rock bottom, so for me to be where I am today with all that I have is nothing short of a miracle. After going through what I did, it's tough to care about silly things like the the exact shade of blue that I want the wedding invitations to be or how many badam and pista slivers should go in each bowl of rasmalai. ๐Ÿ˜† I'm not at all saying that there is anything wrong with the people who do freak out about such things though...more power to them that they can do so and still emerge from the battle intact and unscathed. ๐Ÿ˜› I'm your average desi 20 something Nisha, but I have just been through a couple of things that have given me the perspective and maturity of someone older I guess, nothing more than that. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I'm very glad to have found a happy hour where I can share my thoughts with a group of likeminded people. Innumerable thanks to you for hosting this daily party. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
OK...ho gai subah ki masti ๐Ÿ˜Š
I'm heading off for a sea side board walk in the macchar bhare swamps out here. Baad me milti hoon.
Cheerio!
nividances thumbnail
I went back and read my reply...itna bhaari bharkam lag raha hai mujhe ab. ๐Ÿค” 
How about you give an update Nisha and I will go back to some easy breezy comments about R&B-II? ๐Ÿ˜Š
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Asma
The only kind of battles I take on are the kind
1 Not pull weeds for a month
2 Not irin clothes
3 Clean the junk kitchen drawer
4 Clean garage
5 not answer toll free calls
6 set the alarm for 10 on saturday and not wake up

I NEVER NEVER TAKE ON CHALLENGES LIKE GIVE UP MITHAI EAT FAT FREE OR QUIT EATING OUT

THOSE ARE DEATH PENALTIES

Life is too short to give up mysore pak and gulab jamun

Recipe bhej tennis ke baad banaoongi fosho
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I missed all the evening fun :-(
Nivi super impressed at ur attitude and Nisha me cant do without sweets either ..every night post dinner i have to have it ellati i cant go to bed..
No sweets= no life ... ๐Ÿ˜†

Regarding marriages please go to YT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU6qI92Nt-Q
and part 2 is hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9bv6U6EDak

I havent laughed so much in a looong time..

i havent attended a single wedding in 15 years other than my sons poonal i miss the food ๐Ÿ˜‰

update yeppo..

will Bala/vandu get koncham alone time ..pavam di avan ..
Edited by TanjoreGirl - 8 years ago
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Not sure what she did, one of my friends landed up in ER earlier in the afternoon, she is home now I am told, I offered to make khichri for her, will take it in a bit

Acid reflux? Heartburn? God knows what... her hubby moved to Iowa and one kid is in college the other one is 7 she sent him to India with her parents. She is here all alone now.. she is a bit off... she tries weird diets and self remedies and practices strange rituals

I know I will be told "Her Choice"๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Umm... as long as it doesnt land u in an ER, its "Her choice"๐Ÿ˜ก

On a lighter note...
She is my closest connection to Madhuri Dixit, her brother lives in the same bldg as Madz at Hiranandani and her bro's kids go to Dhirubai Ambani School like Madz's kids. So basically I know someone thats related to someone that knows Madz... jeevan safal ho gaya

IVE GOT TO HELP HER
Nisha0604 thumbnail
I just turned off the cooker, off to write now... I didnt have much  green moong. I could only make one cup... the heeng smells divine... pata laga by the time the friend comes to go over to her place, maine khichri avakai pickle, and home made dahi ke saath swaha kar liya

I will buy some Campbell tomato soup and Premium? Crackers... I will say "Mere ghar light chali gayi" (though I cook over a gas fire)๐Ÿคฃ
Edited by Nisha0604 - 8 years ago