before all this he should tell her the truth otherwise he will be in mess
now that kamini maya brainwashing jeevika ๐Ÿ˜ก
hope jeevika wont fall in that bitch trap
I really hope viren & virat wont hide the truth abt maya with jeeman
continue plz
Sjam thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago
Sorry for commenting late!
Honestly, your updates are something I always look forward to. Reading and rereading your stories is the best way I could spend whatever free time I have. So it's my pleasure.
Coming to the story...yes...the drama has begun. I'm curious to see how long Maya can go on spinning yarns about her 'broken heart'.
I'm also interested to know how Manvi and Virat's relationship is going to proceed. Can't wait for what you've got in store for us.
I can feel Viren longing to be with Jeevika, I wonder how long he'll be able to keep his feelings to himself. Probably a few more interactions ought to do the trick...like more parties... a dance, perhaps...I don't know...I'll just have to wait and watch.
I love the fact that the readers here have been inspired by your work and are ready to read novels from the era of Austen, Bronte etc.. As a writer, you must be really thrilled that you are introducing a completely different generation of readers to classic authors. Well done!
Oh and the VM is beautiful! Absolutely loved the voice-overs! Pride and Prejudice has the best quotes, even the most trivial ones are fantastic.
So I've checked out all your VMs, your Virika ones are amazing of course, but so are your Han-Leia VMs. You're a Star Wars fan! A SW fan ,who, just like me, is not over TFA (Han!!!!). They're brilliant and seeing them makes me even more anxious and excited to watch Episode 8 (Luke needs to get back in action...)
Anyway, can't wait to read more!!!
Edited by Sjam - 8 years ago
maheenkryanite thumbnail
wohooo an update of my fav story
i am in love with this story ๐Ÿ˜‰

i am feeling so lucky right now bcz i haven't read this novel๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜Š

reading such a beautiful story tht too on ur favrourite  couple is like sone pe suhaga๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜‰

even though i am having my exams but can't stop myself from reading this story'taing out few minutes for readind and commenting๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜›

serah ur such an talented person ur vm's r adorable... freaking perfect , ur stories r just fantastic and the way u pen down all the characters with each and every emotions is tremendous๐Ÿ‘

waiting for the nxt update  and a small request plz try to update soon๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜Š

tinkerred10 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I read all the chapters in one go coz your story is that amazing ! Excited to see all the drama happen   ...
Sjam thumbnail
Eager to go to Netherfield! Update soon!!!
KryanVirikaLuv thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Chapter 15

"I have always seen a great similarity in the turn of our minds - We are each of an unsocial, taciturn disposition, unwilling to speak, unless we expect to say something that will amaze the whole room, and be handed down to posterity with all the eclat of a proverb."

-          Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Jeevika had said nothing to Manvi as yet, unwilling to cause her younger sister any unnecessary distress. If it's important to Virat, he'll tell her, she thought resolutely.

Mackenzie Simmons was throwing yet another party at her house the upcoming weekend and Manvi had begged Jeevika to go.

"It won't be as wild as the last one, I promise!" her sister had pleaded beseechingly.

Jeevika made a skeptical sound, "Mac isn't throwing a wild party? You're a bad liar, Manvi."

"Alright, but it's like, semi-formal, so we can expect a bit more class. Virat is going to take me to it. And if that doesn't make us official, I don't know what does."

"Then go with Virat, he'll take care of you," Jeevika said moodily. She was of no mind to party, her mind still swarming with thoughts of Maya's tale.

"Di, you know Beeji will throw a fit if you're not with me," Manvi protested exasperatedly. "You could be Viren's date-"

"No!" Jeevika said, a little too forcefully.

Manvi looked amused, "You know, for some reason, I'm not sure if you just dislike him, or you're just attracted to him more than you'd like to admit."

"Believe me, attraction does not factor into my opinion of him," Jeevika replied darkly.

"Mmhmm," Manvi said doubtfully, "Even if I like his brother, I have to admit Viren Vadhera's pretty damn fine. From a purely objective view, of course."

"Just because he's good-looking, that doesn't give him the right to be so quick to judge and-" Jeevika caught herself in time. She had been about to say, ruin other people's lives.

"Aha! So you do think he's good-looking!" Manvi looked smug, "I don't blame you, a girl could fry herself an omelette on that body-"

"You have a boyfriend," Jeevika attempted to keep a straight face and failed dismally.

"Not official yet," Manvi stuck her tongue out impertinently.

"You were just going on about-"

"We gotta pick out an outfit for you," Manvi ignored Jeevika's protestations, "Something that screams single and ready to mingle."

"I am not ready to mingle," Jeevika said grumpily, crossing her arms.

"Sure you are, stop lying to yourself...ah, this is hot," Manvi pulled out a black number. "You can never go wrong with black."

Jeevika eyed it in askance, "Wasn't I gonna return it because I didn't like the back cut?"

"Yeah, and I kept it hidden at the back of your closet so you wouldn't find it until now," Manvi continued cheerfully.

Jeevika sighed, "I should've known."

"Try it on!" Manvi insisted, "I swear you'll look like a goddess in it with your long legs."

Jeevika was hustled into the form-fitting cocktail dress and efficiently zipped up by her effervescent sister. It was rather pretty, she admitted; she quite liked the flow of the sequined chiffon layers just above her knees. She lifted up her hair in the mirror to view the back. "I remember why I wanted to return it now," she mumbled, biting her lower lip.

The back was a mesh of black strings, criss-crossed like a corset in a deep v-shape down her spine.

Manvi surveyed her admiringly, "There is no way in hell you're returning this. You'll have the guys begging you for a dance just like that," she snapped her fingers.

Jeevika considered it. It did flatter her figure, she thought, it would be nice to wear something a little different, a little more daring for once. She could imagine herself on the dance floor, wearing it, a little boost of confidence for a possible confrontation with Viren. He'd probably be surprised to see her wearing something like that, although it wasn't exactly difficult to leave him bereft of speech...she shook her head furiously, why in the world was she thinking of him?

Viren was bemused. "You said you were gonna ask her to be official last week!"

Virat looked sheepish, "I'm getting around to it, jeez. I'm just waiting for the right time."

"You both already act like you've been married for a decade," Viren pointed out, "By the time you "get around to it", you might as well be celebrating your twenty-fifth anniversary. Don't forget the kids."

Virat shuddered, "Dude, I definitely did not need the mental image of myself as a middle-aged old man. And please don't bring hyper little brats into the picture," he paused, before tentatively mentioning, "I wasn't aware you were particularly fond of Manvi, by the way..."

Viren shrugged, "I don't really dislike her either. As long as she makes you happy, that's good enough for me, I guess."

"Cute," Virat grinned, "Is my big brother getting sappy?"

Viren gave him a deadpan stare in response.

"You think Maya will be there?" Virat changed the subject.

"I doubt it," Viren replied pensively, "If she knows what's best for her, she'll avoid both of us as much as possible."

"I hope so," Virat replied fervently, "I sure as hell don't want her causing trouble between Minnie and me."

Viren looked at him with a half-grin, "You do realize this makes you Mickey."

Virat looked affronted, "Do I look like a mouse to you?"

"Maybe not in physical height, but you're definitely afraid to admit your feelings to Manvi," Viren said with keen perceptiveness.

"Can you blame me?" Virat replied with a touch of irony.

Viren kept outwardly impassive though inside he was fuming. No woman was going to break his little brother's heart ever again. He swore to it.

Jeevika and Manvi entered the house, where music was blasting and the air was warm compared to the coolness of the outdoors. Jeevika adjusted her dress a little nervously, "Maybe I should just keep my jacket on..."

Manvi pulled it off of her before she could do anything else, "No way."

Manvi had told Virat she would meet him at the party instead of him picking her up, impishly teasing him that her sister would be her date instead.

It wasn't long before Jeevika found Charlotte and they sat on the couch, laughing and chatting together, while Manvi was whisked away by Virat. Jeevika explained the situation to her, Maya's story, everything. Her friend looked thoughtful. "I don't know either of the Vadhera brothers that well," she admitted, "But neither do I know Maya, even though she seems very sweet."

"I'm just primarily worried about Manvi," Jeevika said softly, "I don't want her to get hurt. What if Virat...?"

"I think you did the right thing by not telling her yet," Charlotte said carefully, "She has to hear this story from Virat. And Manvi's not naive. She has her fair share of exes, she hardly expected Virat to have been innocently single his entire life."

"But he loved Maya," Jeevika reminded her, "And it was this year too."

Charlotte sighed. "I don't know. But, if I were you, I'd let things just sort themselves out. If there's one thing I know, I don't see a happier couple around here than Virat and Manvi and that's a fact."

"Jeevika?"

Jeevika's head whipped around at the owner of the hesitant voice who had not spoken to her since the week prior. "Manny?"

"I was hoping...that is...would you like to dance? Just as friends, of course," he clarified hastily.

"Um...sure, okay," Jeevika accepted, just as awkwardly, rising from the couch to where the couples were dancing to soft, slow songs.

She carefully kept her hands on his shoulders, while his found her waist. "I wanted to apologize," he said quietly.

Jeevika looked up, surprised, "You don't need-"

"No, listen. It was my fault for being convinced you'd just agree, that you didn't understand your own feelings and you were leading me on...I realized after, that I was being a complete douchebag to you, when you've been nothing but sweet and kind, like you always are. So, I just wanted to say sorry."

Jeevika smiled, having already forgiven him, "Manny, that's totally fine. In fact, it was my fault too, for not being more clear in my words and actions before."

"I was just reading too much into the situation," Manny said ruefully, "But, let's put all that aside now. I hope we can be friends again?"

"Of course-" Jeevika began, when a dark figure cut into their path.

"The song's over, Evans. I believe the next dance is mine."

Viren had been sourly watching Jeevika dance with Manfred Evans with the other couples. He couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy, particularly with Jeevika in that little black dress of hers. She was breathtakingly gorgeous and he wanted her.

Once the song had ended, he had quickly made a decision. There was absolutely no need for this idiot to keep dancing with her, especially when Jeevika had already expressed her lack of interest in him.

"The song's over, Evans. I believe the next dance is mine," he said brusquely, cutting in.

Evans looked at him warily; he was a good two inches shorter than him. "Is that okay, Jeevika?" he asked her gently.

Jeevika, who had looked absolutely stunned at Viren's request, smiled back at Manfred, "Yes, it's okay."

The boy slunk away, while Viren adeptly took his place, his hands automatically going to Jeevika's small, tapered waist, while hers rested at his clavicle.

"Was he bothering you?" Viren asked abruptly.

"No. He apologized, actually." There was a trace of defiance in her voice. It was oddly attractive.

Viren couldn't think straight. Perhaps the alcohol was affecting his brain, but he was completely oblivious to anything but Jeevika. His body was sharply aware of her, her beautiful eyes that sparkled in rebelliousness, her long hair done up in a soft bun at the top of her head that he wanted to unpin simply so that he could run his fingers through it, the light fragrance that he could pinpoint by her long neck...he couldn't help himself, he ran a hand very lightly along her spine, finding bare skin, before returning to her waist, bringing her a little closer.

She shivered, eyes widening and he inwardly cursed himself. This attraction he had for her was dangerous indeed, if it could tip him over the edge like that.

She made an effort at polite conversation although he knew he'd unnerved her, "I like this song."

He said nothing, intensely holding her gaze and willing himself under control.

She cleared her throat, straightening her posture, "It's your turn to say something now. Maybe mention how you're finding the party, or the people in it."

He found his voice at last, replying quietly, "What do you want me to say? I'll say it."

Jeevika looked taken aback, but quickly recovered, "Well, that reply is better than nothing at all. I prefer the semi-formal parties to the casual ones. They're a little quieter," she paused, slightly mocking in tone, "We can go back to silence now."

"Do you always talk when you dance?" he inquired, with some amusement.

"Only sometimes. It would look pretty odd if we didn't say a word to each other for the entire dance," she pointed out, "But for some people, it would probably work better to say as little as possible, but while still being polite."

"Are you speaking for me, or for yourself?"

"Both," she surprised him with her arch manner, "We're both very similar, you see. We won't say anything unless it's phenomenal enough to amaze the whole room, right?"

Viren was fully aware of her sarcasm. He rather liked it; she was normally quiet around him. "I can't say that's an accurate description of you. As for myself, I don't know, but I'm sure you believe so."

She was silent then. He inched her forward just a little closer and she didn't appear to notice.

"You make friends easily, though," he stated.

She flushed and then as though she couldn't help herself, replied challengingly, "Yes, I've just recently become friends with a new girl to the university."

He tensed, his clasp on her waist tightening. Maya. There was a tiny hitch in Jeevika's breath and he relaxed his hold, still finely attuned to her every movement.

Jeevika reverted back into silence, her sudden confidence apparently deserting her.  

"Maya O'Donnell is such a friendly person that she can make friends wherever she goes. Whether she can keep them is a different matter altogether."

"She was clearly unlucky enough not to have made your friendship," Jeevika insinuated, with a rare flash of fire in her eyes, "And she'll probably suffer for that for the rest of her life."

What had Maya told her? Viren wondered. What poisonous lies had she spread now? He wanted to change the subject, but did not know how. Instead, he was captivated by the natural warmth in her cheeks, provoked by her discontent, as well as the turbulence in her eyes, like a cloudy storm. His hands flexed at her waist. She was close enough to kiss.

Jeevika suddenly shifted and he realized the song had ended. In fact, it had finished some minutes ago, and neither of them had noticed until now.

He let go of her reluctantly and left, unmindful of the gossiping whispers of watchers around them. It was then that he realized that he had danced with Jeevika...when he had previously made it clear he would dance with no one.

Ah, I'd been waiting to write this scene! I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on Maya, now I wonder what y'all thought of that tense little dance? Comment below to let me know what you think! โค๏ธ
Riddhi_S thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
Okay, Yay, I'm First! ๐Ÿ˜†
Okay, That Was Fabulous As Always! ๐Ÿ˜ณ 

I Totally Loved Viren's Jealousy. The Way Said
 "The song's over, Evans. I believe the next dance is mine," I Could Totally Picture It!  Why I Can't Wait For Them To Already Admit, At least To Themselves, That They Do Have Feelings For Each Other. โ˜บ๏ธ 

Oh I Love The Drunk Viren More Than The Sober I Guess, If This Is What I Get To Witness! โ˜บ๏ธ Detailed Description Of How He Thinks Of Jeevika Actually. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Viren couldn't think straight. Perhaps the alcohol was affecting his brain, but he was completely oblivious to anything but Jeevika. His body was sharply aware of her, her beautiful eyes that sparkled in rebelliousness, her long hair done up in a soft bun at the top of her head that he wanted to unpin simply so that he could run his fingers through it, the light fragrance that he could pinpoint by her long neck...he couldn't help himself, he ran a hand very lightly along her spine, finding bare skin, before returning to her waist, bringing her a little closer.

I Believe That Is What happens When you Start Falling In Or More So, You ARE In Love! Stop Being S jerk And Agree Already That It's Not just Attraction? ๐Ÿ˜† โ˜บ๏ธ

It was then that he realized that he had danced with Jeevika...when he had previously made it clear he would dance with no one.

Okay, Apologies, I Know I Have To Unres One Comment, Will Do It Soon if Possible..

Keep Writing. 
Take Care...
Love You..๐Ÿค—

And PS ~ You Might Just Pick Aadi Up And Hug Him, He's All Yours. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜† 
Edited by RiddhiShetye - 8 years ago