Kamalika Guha Thakurta turns tantric for 'Jodha Akbar'

munni_rajatfan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago
Kamalika Guha Thakurta, better known as Gayatri Virani in Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi, is back again in Ekta Kapoor's show after a gap of five years (the actress last featured in her show Kasturi). This time around, she will be seen in the historical drama, Jodha Akbar

Currently seen in a positive avatar inMaharakshak Devi and Zindagi Wins, the actress will turn negative in the new show. "I will play a tantric, who creates confusion and problem between Jodha and Akbar. This will result in conflict in the Jodha-Akbar love story. It's very nice that I am getting to play two contrasting shades on TV at the same time. It's easy for any actor to get typecast, but I have managed to avoid getting slotted in any genre," says the actress.
Incidentally, Kamalika has played similar roles in Yahaaan Main Ghar Ghar Kheli and Karam Apnaa Apnaa. "Though they were not tantrics, the characters dabbled in some form of occultism. My role in Jodha Akbar is different in terms of looks and behaviour. I will have multiple looks on the show to camouflage my tantric look
," she states.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

harshu27 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
I hope dat akdha are 2ghter dnt want ny MUs btwn dm as long as dey are 2ghtr I dnt care who cums and goes...thnx fr sharing...