Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Posted: 8 years ago

Mishal Raheja

As

Dutta

Blue Blood

Part 12

Dutta rolled over to his side than shifted his body and lay flat on his  bed. Folded one arm under his  head and groaned  still  slightly asleep. The buzz of the phone forced him to  quint one eye .He moaned and then answered with a knotted brow and a croaky voice.

"no guessing it'll be you.. humm? what do you want? and his voice abated.. followed by her giggle

" hawww? you still asleep Sahib, it's nearly nine..

" ohhh be quiet , I don't have to get up and water the plants like you do! it's my day off so having a lye in.. any problem  Naku?

"no problem Sahib.. sorry to disturb your sweet dreams , she mumbled apologetically

" I was dreaming about the most beautiful woman in the whole wide  world..  that I should be so lucky to know her.." he confessed softly

" why? you don't know her Sahib.. she  belongs to you  as well

" how do you know  Naku? , carried on Dutta and  bashfully  Naku  gave a nervous titter over the phone

" I know Sahib, for I know that girl. She tells me  all  that is her heart "Dutta quite enjoyed this early morning  over the phone  expression of playful affection..

"really? then tell me too  Naku , what is in this girl's heart.. hummm? he flirted

"I don't know Sahib!  take guess a yourself?

"heyyy  Naku! I demand to know! what is in your  heart! he heard her giggle on the other end

"so Sahib  you accept that I am that girl? and he smiled as he rolled on his back and replied lazily

"nooo.. you're not.. since when have you become the most beautiful girl in the world ! humm? delusionary woman! but Naku was not to be put off and she too  replied

"because, I see my beauty and my love for you in your eyes ,Sahib.. that's how  Naku knows" Dutta  chuckled audibly .

"it's amazing  that you are demure and dainty but your talk is  direct and deep  Naku."  Dutta  told her with deep sincerity..

" listen , Naku  don't you think it was a great idea that I bought you a phone?

"yes Sahib it was , we can discuss and  clarify important  issues.." Dutta sat up in bed and  demanded

"what clarification of important issues  Naku ? he heard she sighed ..

"Sahib..  what time will you come to pick us up?? Dutta nearly jumped out of bed annoyed.. at her impending calm after winding him up

" shall I come  over right now!   you know I can do it! he yelled

" nnooo Sahib.. I didn't order you.. was just asking! and no don't come now  have to get ready.."  Dutta went silent and she became anxious

"Sahib why are you getting het up? I was only asking about" he interrupted her angrily

"it's how you approached  and hyped me up  Naku.. you talked about  clarifying an  important  issue.. I felt you meant us.. our relationship.. that you have changed your mind about me" Dutta simmered down ,but she  heard his  broken breathing over the phone.. she had to correct him and calm him down

"Sahib.. you know  you cook up some thoughts which has not even an ounce of  reality in it.. you are far to suspicious.. at least you shouldn't be ,not with  Naku" , Dutta  nodded and  replied

" Naku ,you may be right. I do doubt and become insecure.  Would you accept that it may be due to  an occupational hazard? In my trade all I come across is characters  with  a fair amount of ambiguity around  them. so  have to be on guard all the time.. but Naku.. have lost quite a bit in life. have just you and Krishna  in my life. Dutta certainly doesn't want to lose them.. that's why I jumped at your words." he simplified

"fine Sahib.. I accept what you share with me. Just promise me you will  share all your fears, worries and     joys with me.."  Naku said with a lump in her throat.. but Dutta  asked innocently

"and anger ,rage and temper..  what of that? do I keep that to myself , Naku.. tell me?

"Sahib , if it's  makes you feel better  .. then you can give me a small sign, and with  Bappa's strength hopefully I'll combat it by  fragrance of my love.. and if not then...

"I'll go and let off steam in the gym at a punching bag!  Naku.." teased Dutta. he heard she sighed and he wanted to know  why?

"heyyee!  Naku I made a joke ! no need to sigh.. you seem disappointed? Did you think I beat up women too?   Naku was shocked to hear his question

"no! I never thought or think that Sahib! don't you make up your own stuff.. it's hurtful to hear  from you that I can ever harbour any negative  thoughts about you.." Dutta realized he upset her and justified 

"no I meant Naku , since you know I am adopted.. also you are aware that I was a bit screwed in the head about the whole adoption issue.. soo.. you might well suspect I have a dormant violent streak buried in me that lashes out  at women too.." he had hardly finished speaking  when he heard the  the dead tone on the phone!   Naku had hung up on him! Dutta threw his quilt aside and hauled himself upon his feet , grabbed his phone and stood by his slightly opened window that looked across the pyramid  roof of the outdoor garden.  Slightly shelled shocked he pressed his semi drowsy eyes with his forefingers, then looked down at his phone that looked up blank in his flustered face. He had upset her, clearly. Robbed her  of the joy that she had made a difference to his past misery that he had hung on to before. That he was now a new man. But what he showed her on the phone could be detrimental to their forthcoming relationship.. well she should be more understanding instead of hanging up on him!  griped Dutta as he chucked  his mobile on his bed from where he stood!  Baji caught the flying phone and yelled

"woooh! Bhau what's up? why are you chucking you're phone? what's up ,is it work bothering you here let me give them a mouthful it's  a holiday today! argued an irate  Baji..

"it's her..  Nakusha.." replied Dutta with his arms crossed rebelliously against  his wide chest. Just the way Dutta stood told  Baji , that Bhau was not in the best of moods..  wish he could liven his spirits by telling him the good news. But he clenched his jaw and alarmed recalled that Bhau took Naku's name .. whatever for? he had to play this down mused  Baji as he moved towards  his Bhau. With his hand on his shoulder he said

"look Bhau, it's far too early in the morning to be going into a mood.. and with this another tiff with   Naku? Bhau  you two! you never even think what time of the day it is  and you  just fall out! look Bhau if you ask me , it's pre date setting  jitters!  hope you not pulling out? teased  Baji  and Dutta  gave  Baji a sided glare and spate out angrily

"  almost.. " Baji panicked and squeezed Dutta's arm

"are you crazy Bhau? what are you saying? Bhau ,this not  on! you cannot do this to me  Baji! fine then I'll call my engagement off to!.. in fact the complete idea of marrying Roops! Dutta flared his nostrils and yelled

"why the hell do you have to follow suit in all I do ! huh?to steal my thunder?  Baji?

"no Bhau I can never steal your thunder! but yes being your baby brother I do imitate your moves!" and then   Baji asked Dutta 

"why the fall out with  Naku?.. Dutta tells him the conversation on the phone and Baji touched his ear lobes and cackled

" Bhau you take the cake !! honestly  of all the topics in the world you have to discuss   bashing females? I mean what a distasteful and off putting subject to discuss with your lady love!  now god knows what she must be thinking? tell you what you'd better ring her up and say sorry?.. I don't know what.. something  that indicates you regret the sharpness  of your words.. one look at Dutta 's face  signalled  Baji that the stubborn donkey probably won't budge.. and so right  Baji was,

"nope ! Baji.. won't ring her! we both need time out from each other for a bit".. said Dutta dryly and headed for the bathroom for ablution.  Baji yelled behind him

"so Bhau this date fixing for engagement seems a bit of a farce doesn't it? if you two  both are having a hissy fits! . Dutta stopped at the bathroom door, turned his neck backwards and told   Baji

"this date fixing meeting will go ahead alright!  it not only my life that's being fixed ,but your's too bajirao! and with that he went into the bathroom and slammed the door shut in  Baji's face!  Baji thought, this Bhau is such a big actor! with many shades to him.. but none  can be pin pointed as final  flavour to Dutta.. for Dutta is.. many moods, tones and  assortments.. yet limited! One of a kind..

~~~~~~~~~

Krishna was first up the morning. he had bathed and was getting his clothes ready. Roops laughed and  called out to him

"Krishna go water the flowers in the shop. I know you'll say the shop is closed today but the plants still need a drink, come on then ,get dressed ! and use the long spout watering can  and water spray the orchids! Ordered Roops as she popped her head into the kitchen and caught Naku making flat bread for breakfast. Soon after , Naku  served the food to Roops and Krishna.. and Roops then sauntered off to have a bath!  before she disappeared she called out to  Naku

"exciting day today  Naku ,isn't it?  date setting for engagement.. all a bit taxing if you ask me , why can't all this stopping at  stations be averted and we arrive at our destination..  lagan! straightaway? she waited for an answer from  Naku who retired back into the kitchen, may be she didn't hear me but I am sure she feels the same way too ,mused Roops as she went into the bathroom.  Naku had heard her friend loud and clear , but was just not in the right frame of mind to respond to her question. Sahib didn't even bother to ring back.. he must be livid .. should she ring back to see if he  was all right? suddenly she felt two arms go around the back of her waist as she stood at the sink rinsing  the  frying pan. She looked down and spotted a pair of young adolescent hands pressed against her belly.. and then the innocent already croaking voice

"Tai! why are you quiet today? you haven't even eaten.. Naku turned around and tousled his thick mop of hair, then held his face lovingly  in her palms and replied

"no Krishna , I am not quiet just busy making breakfast and  washing up.." but Krishna was a bright enough.  He  sensed tension especially in people he  felt close too

"oh come on Tai ,I am not a kid although you seem to think so, you have not eaten breakfast why? what's bothering you? and yes Roops Tai is right today is a special day! I am excited! I am going to Aye Sahib's house, then why  not you? tell me Tai? insisted Krishna. Naku pushed him aside and put away the dried plates  but Krishna cajoled her, then  pulled his face, hung his head and walked to the kitchen door. Naku  grabbed the back of his shoulder, turned him around to face her. There was never any point in concealing anything from Krishna.The manner in which he always looked into her green eyes was like he sensed  something was amiss. She might as well rid him of his misery and confide

"yes Krishna,  I am not myself today. Not  so long ago spoke to Sahib.." before she finished Krishna slapped his  hand on his leg and exclaimed

"let me guess Tai, you must have said this  and he must have said that! so a disagreement exists?  Naku couldn't help but laugh at his simplicity. He certainly made things easier for her

"you could say  something like that Krishna! but tell me how can you tell  there is still a disagreement? Krishna nodded his head like a wise man and replied,

"look Tai , had you  agreed over a mid -path  between your this and his that.. you wouldn't be walking with a face as long as my maths ruler!  Naku laughed and shook her head and he reached out for her hand and pressed it against his flustered cheek and with tears in his eyes he told her

"look Tai , this is how I want to see you laugh always! see.. you  and Dutta  Bhau are the closest I have seen what life would be like if I too had caring parents. To see either of you moping around gets me worried that you might walk away from each and  this poor pathetic Krishna will be left alone, destitute like  you found him to be, not so long ago!  He let go off her hand , clenched his fists and roughly tried to knead back his tears into his eyes. The sight warmed her eyes and she pulled him to her and closed her arms around his  small body

"come here you! ooohhh.. love you Krishna! and what's this talk you'll end up all alone.. with a name like Krishna! how can you be alone? you live in the hearts of people! so chin up my little lord! and ask of me what you  want? and I shall give to you! Krishna smiled roguishly and demanded

"then ring up Dutta Bhau! in front of me ! Naku looked into his eyes  and wavered ..but Krishna ,waited  with his hands  on his hips as he grabbed her phone from the kitchen work top ad passed it to  her.. still miffed  with him, she rang Dutta but speedily passed it over to Krishna. With a big smile he chirped at Dutta

"sorrieee!  Dutta Bhau it's not Tai.. but  your other half Krishna! and he heard  Dutta  chuckled

" humm what is it Krishna? yes I knew it would be you not your Tai! she must be in a mood? Krishna nodded

" so Dutta Bhau! you admit that Tai is in a mood? now sir! I ask you why is she in a mood? you don't have anything to do with  it by any chance do you?, teased Krishna . Dutta's mouth slanted into a smile and he admitted

" Krishna your Tai talks too much,  just like you! and why aren't you getting ready ,you chatterbox!.. Dutta wanted to speak to  Naku  but he too was still in a huff. He banked on Krishna to take the initiative which he took! much to Dutta's hidden delight..he heard Krishna's voice.

"Tai!! Bhau wants to speak to you ..sounds urgent! and he handed to phone over to  Naku. Naku sighed and waited.. Dutta mumbled..

"have you got anything to say to me,     Naku?  but   Naku rolled her green eyes and replied

"no Sahib, I thought you had something to say to me.." Dutta flared his nostrils and delayed.. Naku assumed , before he puts the phone down upon me..  she looked at  Krishna helplessly.. and like her young knight in shining  armour! he flew to her rescue and took the phone from his Tai and  said

" Dutta Bhau , we can't wait to come over today.. what time  will you come? and Dutta smiled and replied

" Krishna ,  Dutta too is looking forward to seeing you all, especially your Tai.. incidentally give her some of your good sense too, humm? and yes, I'll come  to pick you up soon enough , so go get ready now" ordered Dutta

"ohh Dutta Bhau I have been  ready since morning.. Roops Tai is getting ready now , it's only  Naku Tai .. who still needs to sort herself out.."replied Krishna craftily so Dutta Bhau  could approach  Naku Tai himself. Dutta asked for her and once on the phone he mumbled

"why are you not getting ready  Naku? are you annoying me.?  not done!  Naku,  not done"  Naku  sensed his unease.. but then this  feeling of being in a lover's tiff had it's own pain which has a sweetness about it and her heart softened a bit and she replied softly.

" sahib..  Naku will get ready when you get off the phone" Dutta gulped with a scowl on his face and grumbled

" ok go! see you later.." and  hung up.  Naku gave a secretive smile and she nodded at Krishna   with approval which made him happy.

"see Tai! never fair Krishna is here! me master in  magically solving problems, isn't that right correct  Tai.?

"yes Krishna it's magical indeed  the  magic of love!  which  if one gives away, one you end up getting more!  and with a small smile  launched on her face Naku , left the kitchen and went straight into  her room to get ready.

~~~~~~~~

Dutta showered and looked through his wardrobe and chose a  steel blue  pathiani  suit. Baji barged in and was surprised to see his Bhau dressed in a staid , pathiani ,as opposed to something   slightly festive. He questioned his Bhau who replied firmly

"why festive  Baji? it's a formal , hopefully uncomplicated meeting to settling a possible date for the engagement. Besides I have to go pick Naku and her family.. unless you want to do it , he asked  still in a somewhat sultry mood. Baji was not a fool to go collect Naku's family.. as he sees that as Bhau's prerogative! Dutta slowly glided down the stairs and looked around the open plan lounge in the huge hall way.  Kala came up to him and asked him if he would collect Naku. He smiled at Kala , doubled his stubble chin shyly and assured her that he was about to do..

Dutta sat in his four by four wheeler and drove towards Gul Bahar. He shifted his folded finger above his top lip and mused with his narrowed eyes  glued to the road ahead. He wondered , would she still be in a nasty mood with him? how lame can that be? he chuckled.. it's picking  date day. He brushed his hand over his stubble face as he drove. He pondered with slight amusement what Aye Sahib and his family might think if they found that him and Naku were in a small spat situation.! He chuckled as he  parked right before the  flower shop and turned his head towards the Gul Bahar. Well only one  way to find out mused Dutta as he strode towards the door. No sooner had he arrived at the step, the door flew open and Krishna  stood before Dutta in a kurta pyjama embellished by an embroidered waist coat. Dutta smiled at him and folded his  palms in love for the little boy, and he commented on how fantastic he looked like a young lord Krishna himself. Krishna  raised his palm upwards  and moved his hand to bless  his Dutta Bhau in pure role. Roops   giddily followed soon after and she looked  very attractive in a green and  beige  U cut anarkali and churridar  suit.. Dutta stood to one side to let these two pass and he called out to Krishna ,that the car was open so hop in!.. 

He stood with  his shoulder hitched against the doorway and his contracted eyes looked around with much eagerness as he waited in person upon her arrival.

Then she showed up looking drop dead stunning as usual. Dressed in a sheer French chiffon mustard coloured sari speckled with small gold motifs all around; embellished by a wide gold and maroon applique border. She wore a contrasted short sleeved maroon blouse edged by  the identical  gold and maroon applique that matched  the rest of her sari.  He gazed into her face, simply beautiful with sharp chiselled features, and those green doe eyes that now stared across the shop floor at him.. from a smooth skinned face, framed by  simple mid parted hair ,twisted into a braid that hung comfortably from the nape of her long swan like neck .Dutta  eyes  stayed fixed  on Naku who anxiously  twisted her arm and ensured her sheer pallu stayed modestly across her bodice and over one of her shoulders..  he bowed his head,  moved to the side of the door and pointed to the way out  silently.  Naku brushed him ,and he caught her exclusive fragrance , that never failed to intoxicate him .. but he never piped up the courage before to even admit to himself that it mattered to him. Dutta stepped out as she set the alarm and shut the front door. Chivalry never lost it's meaning with him .He may be brash and unpredictable but he never forget to give respect where it was due. So the door to the passenger seat was opened by Dutta. In silence, he tenderly feasted his eyes on her as she lurched and slid into the seat beside his driver's seat.

As Dutta drove on from time to time he stolen glances at her reposed delicate hands in her lap . He kept his eyes on the road and accepted that she wished to maintain her silence.. fine! he too would play along. For the fact remains that she headed to his house with him at this moment in time, to fix a date for their future together.. based on not just  what he hankered for ,and what she desired for also. Hence he took a deep and drove on in silence.. there  was a bit  more to go before they reached home.

~~~~~~~~

Ravi turned into Patil Nivas and rolled his eyes and caught the sober splendour of this building , that security  services personnel  department Dutta's  house.. why ever would a man with such a house want to work? how odd!  His train of thoughts were intruded upon as he was ordered to park  Nana Sahib's car before the front door of Patil Nivas. In service, Nana was politely helped out of the car by Ravi.. and then after the father left. Ravi turned to the beautiful daughter, whom Ravi had a tough time in actually getting, on her own. Unfortunate for him, Seema too   hadn't shown much interest in going out shopping ,where he could have made an innocent pass  at her. Still may be today, he could give her some attention and she to him .Irritated Seema called out and questioned why he wasn't letting her out of the car? discomfited he moved his stiffened muscular  body out of her way that nearly blocked her way. Seema  walked  away from Ravi , but he wanted to know what he was meant to do in the meanwhile? Seema  explained she would have to check in doors and let him know? Luckily Baji turned up and suggested  Ravi go the side of the house to have refreshments.

Nana Sahib was greeted by Aye Sahib and  they both sat and waited for Dutta. Aye Sahib explained he had gone to collect  Naku's family and is expected back shortly..      

"Here I am Aye Sahib and Nana babba! good to see you sir, and he strolled swiftly and felt their feet. Dutta, Roops and Krishna stood inside the house close by the door.

This time it's was Seema who ran to  Naku and held both her and Roops by the hand , brought them closer to her father Nana Tavde. She keenly introduced them as two young ladies who were business women.  Tavde was pleased and blessed them but seemed more interested in Naku. Out of interest he turned to Aye Sahib and enquired if  Naku was the girl betrothed  to Dutta.? Aye Sahib , confirmed it and somehow detected a certain  regret in  Nana Sahib's eyes. Aye Sahib felt she needed to assure Nana Sahib.. that Seema would always be part of Dutta, Kala and  Baji's lives.  In fact,  both her husband's best friend and Aye Sahib  would have wanted  Seema as her daughter in law but life  does pan out differently in reality.  Nana looked across to his daughter with Dutta ,Roops and Baji and  Naku. She looked an integral part of the sweet bond of friendship they clearly shared.

Dutta time to time gave  Naku top  to bottom looks ,but soon enough Kala called the girls in the kitchen and so he and Baji sauntered over  and joined Nana and Aye Sahib.. Krishna hugged Aye  Sahib and wanted to know when the date would be set? Aye Sahib smiled and introduced him as her grandchild.. and suggested they discuss the date for the engagement. Kala and Seema rushed out of the kitchen and checked the  numerology  calendar and discussion issues.. which might have implications .Dutta turned his head  to Baji  and whispered

" funny those two,  Naku and her friend.. your one!  are stuck in the kitchen .. because their pre-nuptial  is being discussed" Baji  too whispered  back as got glared by Aye Sahib

"they'll come Bhau.. serving tea!, he sniggered.

Eventually the date for the engagement was decided and Aye Sahib looked to the kitchen and called out

" Naku , Roops, can you set up the refreshments please..? Dutta's heart missed a beat as he saw  Naku as she came out of the kitchen with  a plate of cupcakes and a bowl of sweet mother watering flavoured  gujar ka halwa. Roops followed with more delectable sweet and savoury delights.. Aye Sahib led Nana Sahib and Seema to the table and as soon as they sat. Soon after, Aye Sahib announced before all..  one  week from  now.. next Friday!  

Naku  blushed as she felt Dutta's wanton gazes on her face.. and she retired to the kitchen. Roops along with Kala dished out food on every one's plates. Krishna was busy but not that busy to miss out that Dutta slipped into the spacious kitchen  surreptitiously .. Dutta strolled in and then folded  his arms  as he stood  on the other side of the island unit where  Naku stood setting out empty cups and saucers on  a tray. She ignored him and carried on  with what she was doing.. Dutta smiled and then  spoke as he felt

"why the attitude  Naku ? enough is enough!  and he walked around the island and  stood before her and  said

"if you are  exceptionally good looking doesn't mean you show haughtiness Naku.. you should show  some humility  at least towards an ordinary looking  bloke like me! said Dutta as he wallowed  in mock self- pity.  Naku pulled her lower lip to one side and looked at him accusingly with her green eyes and replied

"Sahib you know you are lying through your teeth, Naku never noticed her looks till the day you walked into her life and you call me haughty? then she refrained from saying anything more.. Dutta melted like butter by the sweet sad look on her face. Tenderly he  felt her shoulder with one hand and then with the other ,he tilted her face up and looked into her green eyes. In a slow guttural  voice he told her

" I have rights over you now  Naku .. the date has been fixed.. and he was about to brush his semi closed hand on her cheek but she moved back and challenged him

" you have  Sahib , but not until next Friday when we are formally engaged.!  and he watched her silently as she carried the tea  cups on a tray and walked out of the kitchen.. to be continued Hamlet53 9.10.15

~~~~~~

Have a great weekend and thanks very much for your on going support ,much love hammie

dilse,naku.. sorry   had family issues.. so late in posting.. all is good  with me 😛and family

Edited by Hamlet53 - 8 years ago
jedy25 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
hi hamlet
i 'm the 1st 😊co comment ..dutta & naku's tiff  before engagement ..dutta had mend the bridge ..next friday engagement😳..ud soon
dilse14 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
hi hamlet
wonderful ud
dutta has annoyed naku
he is trying to appease her 😆
engagement date is drawing closer & they r fighting
ud soon
Nakusha thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

hi hammiee

mein aagai loved the ud...dutta aur uske akad😛 ..naku ke jagah koi aur hote toh darr jate...naku has good sense of judgement ..dutta is still a stubborn kid

he came to pick her up ..he approved of her look & i his remember LTL ..the mirror scene ..naku's approval for the kurta😳

ravi is trying his luck magar abhi kuch attention nahin deya seema ne

nana is guest of honour ..he has some impt role to play😉in future  ..am i right hammiee

dutta aur naku ke engagement ki tayari have to do ..wht dress should i wear waiting for friday ..ud soon😊

as always u r amazinggg hammiee

Frosty_Moon thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Hey hammie...
Fab update...
Dutta and nakkus tiff before engagement..lovely...
Ravi trying his best to impress seema and seema don't care not even looking at him in fact breaking his dreams...lol..
Iridescence1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
BOO! Edited by .iridescence. - 8 years ago
Hamlet53 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

love you baji rao.. dayaaa!... ye dosti hum nehin bholien ga.. come what may be..
always yours hammie
uwith thumbnail

hi hamlet

awesome ud ..dutta & naku tiff has brought informality into relationship...they r getting engaged its good they get use to each other tantrums & moods😆 ..i 'm waiting for engagement of our awesome couples😊ud soon

uwith thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hamlet53

love you baji rao.. dayaaa!... ye dosti hum nehin bholien ga.. come what may be..
always yours hammie

hi daya
good to see you back😊