Software Symphonies 18 Democracy & Heels on 150 - Page 78

shareShare facebook twitter
Posted: 6 years ago
Originally posted by angel6599

superb 
hope this story never ends 

If uve written before and I have ignored you THEN I AM SORRY
But if you chose to "come out" and praise for the first time because of this chapter then I AM THRILLED

THANK YOUUUEmbarrassed
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED WRITING IT
I cant describe in wordsTongue

how difficult it will be to take care 3 70+ people,one 10 yr old,do households and have a job too when you are pregnant!!!that too at 37!!!no one can help vanditha???
Originally posted by Nisha0604

Originally posted by ishruhi

rnb is listening this conversation?????

Naaheee
That would be like a Desi soap
No no... absolutely not

I put a lot of thought into this part I hope you all liked reading as much as I loved writing it
The last couple will always be part of my faves

We need good people and we need to be told good things in life, HONESTLY
nee idu varekum nalla yazhdreke (wrote) 
i really appreciate ur creativity 
waiting for next update 
i want it soon
i know i am being selfish but can't help it
WOW, WOW Nisha, superb, hard hittin facts about life,  loved Vandu...she is simply awesome, superb character u have written here. So many of us can connect with what Vandu said. Her frustrations were very valid, now I feel like hitting Bala for being a wimp...feeling very bad for VanduCry
I think II will start thinking with her brain now, instead of reacting emotionally and recklessly...

I'am  jst thinking whether the dude heard everything or partially...

Pls Nisha, want another update but a long one Wink (at ur convenience)

PS: ok jst read in above post, dude didn't listen.

beautifully written,jst admiring, gonna read again...
Edited by shidin0117 - 6 years ago

"Would you like my life?"
Appa was with him... startled... but happy, Amma greeted him joyously and seated him
(Next chapter)

II didnt know who it was she stood in the bathroom by the towel rail contemplating Akka's words, as she stretched the towel in the rail unnecessarily, as Akka glared

Amma  had left and Akka alone after a singing look... she assumed it was Athim...

Akka: Like I said come live in my house for a week, you in THIS lifetime will never know what it is to be married into a middle class
family and trying to stretch the paycheck beyong the 24th each month... JUST LIKE I wont know what it is like to marry a man whose Dad may have committed a crime. We both wont know each others' life as it exists

II began to cry

Akka: DONT CRY KANNA (order)

Akka:What did u even think? You will marry him, he will start talking pages and pages just like you and you will have a bunch of servants at your beck and call and go shopping to Emporio Mall every weekend and wonder what to spend his money on?"

II:No I dont even spend his money (blurt?)

Akka:Whattt?

II: I mean I dont go to Emporio Mall at all (softly)

Akka: thats not the point I didnt mean for you to take it literally... I meant if Bally was a jerk enna pannuve? Will u quit? How many bosses and jobs can u quit?

II:THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME!

Akka:Who is it about?
"
II:This is about him not even contributing a speck in order to bring semblance of normalcy to that house

Akka: Adu TUESDAY DAAN TERIYUMA ONAKKU? (U only discovered Tuesday?)
II: Ummm

Akka:Uve been goingt o his house SECRETLY many many times before the wedding did you not know what scandal is associated with the family

II let her tears flow...

Akka: Crying is not the solution Ishita, You met him in his house,
you saw him skirt around his Dad he acts like he is walking on nails when he sees his Dad, Athim solra,
when there is only him and Ranjanji in the room your RAKSHASAN (mocking) gets up and walks away!!!!! A man that hates his Dad so much will go ask him "Did u have a good day? Did ur PC crash?  Is Maruti having supply issues, will they delay the delivery of Ciaz by 3 weeks?"

You expect him to talk like that to his Dad?

II nodded feebly

Akka:NO KANNA HE WONT

II: HOW can I live like that day after day?

Akka: Ido paar (in almost an inaudible voice but spitting fireballs nevertheless)
(Akka was mad!! she waved a finger on her face) Appa HATES them. HE BEGGED YOU not to be so adamant. Nee yenna sonney appo?

II squirmed uncomfortably

Akka:I will marry him or stay single... THE VERY THOUGHT HE WAS INVOLVED with someone SIX MONTHS ago caused you to be in bed for 9 days straight. Marandu pyitteya? (did u forget?)
It was not attempted suicide by design, but your body reacted like your mind was trying to instruct it to end its journey

II turned a deep crimson

Akka: He makes you feel like no other man ever has ADMIT IT. You enjoy the attention, you enjoy his love making you enjoy the below belt blows you deal each other

II sniffled wiping her nose with the towel... her face red and puffy

Akka:You had a choice, SREE, he has a brother and a sister and what appeared AT THAT TIME was a typical uncomplicated Iyer family, educated guy, Natesan Mama would have given a undertaking on stamp paper for the guy

II's face contorted

Akka:NO!! U didnt like him, he didnt turn you on one bit... the very thought of R&B stops your heart beat.

Akka: Whatever issues Sree had would have unfolded after the wedding. YOU CANNOT HAVE A PERFECT LIFE ISHITA.

II:I dont want a perfect life (lying)  I DO WANT A PERFECT LIFE. I want him to talk to his Dad

Akka: So like a soap bahu you will make it happen? And they will tearfully thank you "Hamari aankhen khol dee beta" types? (sniggering) Quit thinking soaps are real

II:Thats mean!!!!

Akka:Too bad but its the truth

II:I just want us to be able to see each other on the same floor Athim eats with Thatha Paati, talks politics, talks cricket, listens to Ministry stories from 1960s and 1970s

Akka: because THATS ALL YOU SEE

II:What do u mean?

Akka: I wish Amabala Anna would come and take Thatha Paati away and keep them until December until winter, I want to enjoy the new baby with
Bala and Shravu (Akka's distress was causing tears now). I want to have ONE meal just with Bala and Shravu ONLY after arranging everything like Desi soaps u know (chuckling between tears)
EVERY meal I eat after Thatha Paati and Bala usually, not because Bala wont let me eat, I think its practical to see whats left over and finish that first
Thatha Paati ask me to join them also, Sundays I do... weeknights Thatha wants dosa at 8, Paati wants aval (puffed rice) or kanji at 9, or both want a sit down dinner
When I sit down to eat the dining table is a icky mess... clean pannittu I sit down (I first clear away)I have wishes too, I want the baby to have her own room, not her own floor like Lasya but her own lil 8*10, I live in a 3 bedroom flat
that adds up to 1000 sq ft. Ambala Anna has stopped calling even, do u know that? He fears Bala will suggest
Kamakshi Athai visits NOIDA for namesake only 90% of her stay is in Munirka. At 37 I am caring for three 70+ people while being pregnant
ENN LIFE VENUMA ONAKKU? (Would u like my life?). Akka cried openly now.

Akka: I can practically LIVE HERE at D II Ishita my married life is so screwed according to your definition.
Tan said politely a few times "Have u considered quitting?"
EVEN R&B said "It would be great if you can rest" They are GOOD MEN. Bala didnt say it ONCE. "Paakalam" ("Lets SEE") was all he said"  Because if I quit how can we take on all these expenses?" Sollu?" I want Bala to Order me to quit my job, tell me we are renting a floor in Greater Kailash or Panchsheel Enclave, appoint a full time maid... sometimes I struggle to pay my Rs.3000 a month jharoo pocha bartan only maid u know
"Bala ADORES ME, BUT he is practical, AND IS A WIMP. We all want our husbands to do what WE have planned in our minds, I want Bala to TELL OFF Ambala Anna, tell off NOIDA cousin, and tell off Kamakshi Athai, she cant hear so its no point

II reached and hugged Akka... Akka wearily rested her head on II's shoulder

Than you for a great chapter Nisha.  This chapter hit home on many levels, wish I had an older sister like Vandu.  
Originally posted by VeeIyer

"Would you like my life?"
Appa was with him... startled... but happy, Amma greeted him joyously and seated him
(Next chapter)

II didnt know who it was she stood in the bathroom by the towel rail contemplating Akka's words, as she stretched the towel in the rail unnecessarily, as Akka glared

Amma  had left and Akka alone after a singing look... she assumed it was Athim...

Akka: Like I said come live in my house for a week, you in THIS lifetime will never know what it is to be married into a middle class
family and trying to stretch the paycheck beyong the 24th each month... JUST LIKE I wont know what it is like to marry a man whose Dad may have committed a crime. We both wont know each others' life as it exists

II began to cry

Akka: DONT CRY KANNA (order)

Akka:What did u even think? You will marry him, he will start talking pages and pages just like you and you will have a bunch of servants at your beck and call and go shopping to Emporio Mall every weekend and wonder what to spend his money on?"

II:No I dont even spend his money (blurt?)

Akka:Whattt?

II: I mean I dont go to Emporio Mall at all (softly)

Akka: thats not the point I didnt mean for you to take it literally... I meant if Bally was a jerk enna pannuve? Will u quit? How many bosses and jobs can u quit?

II:THIS IS NOT ABOUT ME!

Akka:Who is it about?
"
II:This is about him not even contributing a speck in order to bring semblance of normalcy to that house

Akka: Adu TUESDAY DAAN TERIYUMA ONAKKU? (U only discovered Tuesday?)
II: Ummm

Akka:Uve been goingt o his house SECRETLY many many times before the wedding did you not know what scandal is associated with the family

II let her tears flow...

Akka: Crying is not the solution Ishita, You met him in his house,
you saw him skirt around his Dad he acts like he is walking on nails when he sees his Dad, Athim solra,
when there is only him and Ranjanji in the room your RAKSHASAN (mocking) gets up and walks away!!!!! A man that hates his Dad so much will go ask him "Did u have a good day? Did ur PC crash?  Is Maruti having supply issues, will they delay the delivery of Ciaz by 3 weeks?"

You expect him to talk like that to his Dad?

II nodded feebly

Akka:NO KANNA HE WONT

II: HOW can I live like that day after day?

Akka: Ido paar (in almost an inaudible voice but spitting fireballs nevertheless)
(Akka was mad!! she waved a finger on her face) Appa HATES them. HE BEGGED YOU not to be so adamant. Nee yenna sonney appo?

II squirmed uncomfortably

Akka:I will marry him or stay single... THE VERY THOUGHT HE WAS INVOLVED with someone SIX MONTHS ago caused you to be in bed for 9 days straight. Marandu pyitteya? (did u forget?)
It was not attempted suicide by design, but your body reacted like your mind was trying to instruct it to end its journey

II turned a deep crimson

Akka: He makes you feel like no other man ever has ADMIT IT. You enjoy the attention, you enjoy his love making you enjoy the below belt blows you deal each other

II sniffled wiping her nose with the towel... her face red and puffy

Akka:You had a choice, SREE, he has a brother and a sister and what appeared AT THAT TIME was a typical uncomplicated Iyer family, educated guy, Natesan Mama would have given a undertaking on stamp paper for the guy

II's face contorted

Akka:NO!! U didnt like him, he didnt turn you on one bit... the very thought of R&B stops your heart beat.

Akka: Whatever issues Sree had would have unfolded after the wedding. YOU CANNOT HAVE A PERFECT LIFE ISHITA.

II:I dont want a perfect life (lying)  I DO WANT A PERFECT LIFE. I want him to talk to his Dad

Akka: So like a soap bahu you will make it happen? And they will tearfully thank you "Hamari aankhen khol dee beta" types? (sniggering) Quit thinking soaps are real

II:Thats mean!!!!

Akka:Too bad but its the truth

II:I just want us to be able to see each other on the same floor Athim eats with Thatha Paati, talks politics, talks cricket, listens to Ministry stories from 1960s and 1970s

Akka: because THATS ALL YOU SEE

II:What do u mean?

Akka: I wish Amabala Anna would come and take Thatha Paati away and keep them until December until winter, I want to enjoy the new baby with
Bala and Shravu (Akka's distress was causing tears now). I want to have ONE meal just with Bala and Shravu ONLY after arranging everything like Desi soaps u know (chuckling between tears)
EVERY meal I eat after Thatha Paati and Bala usually, not because Bala wont let me eat, I think its practical to see whats left over and finish that first
Thatha Paati ask me to join them also, Sundays I do... weeknights Thatha wants dosa at 8, Paati wants aval (puffed rice) or kanji at 9, or both want a sit down dinner
When I sit down to eat the dining table is a icky mess... clean pannittu I sit down (I first clear away)I have wishes too, I want the baby to have her own room, not her own floor like Lasya but her own lil 8*10, I live in a 3 bedroom flat
that adds up to 1000 sq ft. Ambala Anna has stopped calling even, do u know that? He fears Bala will suggest
Kamakshi Athai visits NOIDA for namesake only 90% of her stay is in Munirka. At 37 I am caring for three 70+ people while being pregnant
ENN LIFE VENUMA ONAKKU? (Would u like my life?). Akka cried openly now.

Akka: I can practically LIVE HERE at D II Ishita my married life is so screwed according to your definition.
Tan said politely a few times "Have u considered quitting?"
EVEN R&B said "It would be great if you can rest" They are GOOD MEN. Bala didnt say it ONCE. "Paakalam" ("Lets SEE") was all he said"  Because if I quit how can we take on all these expenses?" Sollu?" I want Bala to Order me to quit my job, tell me we are renting a floor in Greater Kailash or Panchsheel Enclave, appoint a full time maid... sometimes I struggle to pay my Rs.3000 a month jharoo pocha bartan only maid u know
"Bala ADORES ME, BUT he is practical, AND IS A WIMP. We all want our husbands to do what WE have planned in our minds, I want Bala to TELL OFF Ambala Anna, tell off NOIDA cousin, and tell off Kamakshi Athai, she cant hear so its no point

II reached and hugged Akka... Akka wearily rested her head on II's shoulder

Beautifully portrayed and wonderfully etched characters Nisha...Kudos to you Smile

Originally posted by ishruhi

rnb is listening this conversation?????

Naaheee
That would be like a Desi soap
No no... absolutely not

I put a lot of thought into this part I hope you all liked reading as much as I loved writing it
The last couple will always be part of my faves

We need good people and we need to be told good things in life, HONESTLY

thats fine...i just thought he might find about her plight when she found about M...i loved when vanditha told her problems for the first time to II (or rather to us)...this was so needed...