Freida Pinto on Bollywood & the curse of being a Beautiful Woman

seemarao2 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

photo Freida-Pinto--1_zps1zdhaimn.jpg

Freida Pinto has landed another magazine cover. And she's serving natural flawlessness for Net-A-Porter's "The Edit".

Freida was recently in the news for supporting the controversial documentary on the infamous Delhi gang rape, "India's Daughter". She stressed that it is important to get the word out about the dangers that Indian women face on a day to day basis. She mentioned that the basic mentality of the people in India has to change, in order to make it a safer place for women. 

On being considered very beautiful:

It's not necessarily the way I see myself. In fact, I don't even like to look at myself in the mirror. But I'm aware of the perception and I always say that if it's because of that one line in Slumdog where Latika is described as the most beautiful girl in the world', then I have to do everything I can to change the perception.

On Bollywood:

Well, they're both movie industries and they both entertain, they both make a lot of money. Well, they both pay women less. But it's different " culturally they're very different settings, you know. India produces its own films, and they have the money to pump into their own films. Whereas in Hollywood they need external funding as well. With a film like Desert Dancer, if there was, say, a Bollywood producer who believed in it, they would just pop in the money and the film would get made. Whereas in Hollywood I feel like independent films take a lot longer for belief to even happen. But I think, yeah, they're both movie-making industries with different cultural settings.

On girl power:

"You hear that phrase so much, I got raped ... because I'm a girl", "I can't go out at night ... because I'm a girl", when really it should be, "Because I'm a girl, I can give birth to the next generation of enlightened males."

photo Freida-Pinto--2_zpsyjga1omc.jpg

photo Freida-Pinto--3_zpsgukxtpkz.jpg

photo Freida-Pinto--4_zps9hcdqxzf.jpg

photo Freida-Pinto--5_zpsotyabhgi.jpg

Edited by seemarao2 - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 9 years ago
Freida is not a BW actress, these type of topics should be posted in the following forum  Hollywood Forum

BWF DT