Users

Frequent Posters

ChannaMereya thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: atominis

ASSUME.

That is the keyword here.

So you go by assumptions? In gauging situations of a country? That too as large as India?

Good.πŸ˜‰

Do you think India doesn't care about image and springs into action only when Hollywood saviors stand up?πŸ˜†

India needs these people to bring attention to its own issues?

Ha!

BTW, there are so many incidents every other day about Muslims, Sikhs, Hindus attacked in the US or their religious places defiled. What should I assume about them? 

Why don't they correct their basic structure? Aren't they bothered about image?

Easier to make India scape goat , What is more appaling people in IF who have never been to India never gauged or even know what happens here , Suddenly assume what a Freida says as legitimate,Atleast people in India stand up to crimes and have time again proved why thy are capable of making name for themselves , How convenient for people in west to just go by some bytes of XYZ actress 
seemarao2 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Country is already working on such issues.

It doesn't require so called international pressure and bytes from unknown one film wonder to tackle its issues.

How can you say the issues were "largely ignored" or not dealt with "properly"?

Don't think India acts only if a section of foreign media barks.

lol an actress who has worked with the likes of legends like woody allen , terrence malick,is  a one hit wonder?? she is also the lead actress of hits like planet of the apes sequel and immortals , both of which has grossed over $200 mil worldwide. She is the only Indian who has been on the Cover of  Internationally reputed fashion magazines  worldwide. If she is a nobody why do u bother commenting on her post ? Her Interviews about india's white skin obsession was recently on the Print edition of one of America's Most Read Newspaper "USA Today " . So she has indeed made an impact and shamed racist indians in US
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
The title is misleading. Pinto is saying that she connects to women all over the world. Non-traditional casting gives her an opportunity to portray more characters. Good for her.
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Someone called India polluted ... We don't deny it or live in a denial unlike India's haters  ...but as per my knowledge Ozone has a big hole over America πŸ˜‰
I think instead of having anti NRIs topics , there shld be anti ABCD topics ( American Born Confused Desi πŸ˜‰ ) ... They see India through Deepikas, Faridas only πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: seemarao2

lol an actress who has worked with the likes of legends like woody allen , terrence malick,is  a one hit wonder?? she is also the lead actress of hits like planet of the apes sequel and immortals , both of which has grossed over $200 mil worldwide. She is the only Indian who has been on the Cover of  Internationally reputed fashion magazines  worldwide. If she is a nobody why do u bother commenting on her post ? Her Interviews about india's white skin obsession was recently on the Print edition of one of America's Most Read Newspaper "USA Today " . So she has indeed made an impact and shamed racist indians in US

@bold

There you go!🀒

What's your interest in constantly shaming Indians?

And how do you know she shamed Indians?

You call Indians racist but aren't you being racist as well in such posts?

Your Freida may be queen there but to India and Indians there she means nothing. 

They won't even remember her as SM actress because ARR is the only reason why anyone in India, might remember SM.
Enycedoll thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

ASSUME.

That is the keyword here.

So you go by assumptions? In gauging situations of a country? That too as large as India?

Good.πŸ˜‰

Do you think India doesn't care about image and springs into action only when Hollywood saviors stand up?πŸ˜†

India needs these people to bring attention to its own issues?

Ha!

BTW, there are so many incidents every other day about Muslims, Sikhs, Hindus attacked in the US or their religious places defiled. What should I assume about them? 

Why don't they correct their basic structure? Aren't they bothered about image?

You should assume there is something wrong with the structure. and mind you, people do question and protest. currently, the Police is under a lot of heat nationally and there is something wrong with the structure. And there is something wrong in the judicial structure that rapists are able to get away with light punishments and women are blamed. And this problem isn't limited to India, its an issue in a lot of countries, Pakistan and a lot of middle eastern countries included. 

I hope you people realize that her involvement isn't limited to just talking. there are fundraisers and charity events to raise funds to help empower women. 

atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

Someone called India polluted ... We don't deny it or live in a denial unlike India's haters  ...but as per my knowledge Ozone has a big hole over America πŸ˜‰

I think instead of having anti NRIs topics , there shld be anti ABCD topics ( American Born Confused Desi πŸ˜‰ ) ... They see India through Deepikas, Faridas only πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

Dunno.

I am appalled seeing how people don't look beyond celebs and gossip rags to know about issues or think only pressure from international countries makes India take action otherwise India largely ignores issues!

They conveniently ignore posts where you give them whole list of measures being undertaken since years now.

Hadh ho gayi!
Scorpio_Velvet thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
People like PC have talked about racism they endured abroad. I know many NRI friends who have had to deal with the same. But some knuckleheads are happy to ignore that and generalize Indians.
seemarao2 thumbnail

@bold

There you go!🀒

Your Freida may be queen there but to India and Indians there she means nothing. 

They won't even remember her as SM actress because ARR is the only reason why anyone in India, might remember SM.

Why do u think all indians are racist? Its you who is saying that not me. i was only referring to those who are white wannabes.
seemarao2 thumbnail

@bold

There you go!🀒

And you think she is a nobody? Please read some of the comments on this popular International forum in response to freida's article about indian racism..Many of them supports her and slam racist bigots from our country

http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread.php/859697-India-is-a-Racist-Country-Freida-Pinto