Homi Adajania responds to criticism on My Choice video

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 8 years ago

Because, of course. πŸ˜†

Homi Adajania responds to My Choice' video

April 10, 2015 

The director of My Choice' video, Homi Adajania has finally responded to the reactions made on the video. The video that featured 99 women along with actress Deepika Padukone has been on the radar of many...some supporting and some criticizing.

Many actresses like Sushmita Sen, Kangana Ranaut and Sonakshi Sinha have also expressed their opinion based on women choices and empowerment. Read what the director, who was out on an assignment, has to say about his video:

"Hey all! I've just returned from a diving assignment in the South Andamans and had no network till now and hence the online silence. Owing to such a overwhelming mix of reactions, I want to restate that our film #MyChoice is a reminder that all women's choices, however unconventional anyone can imagine, are their own. The intention of the film does not in any way advocate or promote the actions in the words and we all have to make choices in life after considering the consequences. It's a two-&-a-half minute clip that obviously can't cover such a complex issue and is simply a form of expression to underline the fact that a woman's choice, in no uncertain terms, belongs to her and no one else. For those who got this and still didn't agree with the film that is their choice and I totally respect that. For those who felt the message was unclear and are upset in anyway, I promise that was never my intention. For those who think it is sexist or male-bashing, it is talking to a man with a caged-mind and NOT to liberated people out there who treat women with respect and equality. And for those who got it and supported it... Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Ironically, the misunderstanding is what made #MyChoice go explosively viral and if that's what it takes to get people discussing gender equality then I am willing to take the hit and be misunderstood. More power to women and let's hope that a healthy discussion on gender equality continues. One love."

http://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainmenttags/homi-adajania/homi-adajania-responds-my-choice-video#comment-4562262

& the chosen pic!🀣

He still has not learned anything since his first butthurt answer to the backlash. & now his video was all about equality, eh? πŸ€ͺ
Someone pls remind him that the conversation about feminism & equality in India started way before he & his hipster posse jumped on the wagon. 
Why deepika loves to seat on everybody's lap or kiss everybody? ??
Just like KRK's tweets unearth feminism. Edited by NailClipper - 8 years ago
Originally posted by LEO88

her life #HerChoiceπŸ˜›
Originally posted by LEO88

Because Innocence is the 2nd name of our loving & caring sati savitri Queen of Controversies. & she has the choice.πŸ˜ƒ
Hahaha!

Same lame excuse that if it helps discuss issues then it is good or something to be happy about. πŸ€ͺ

Misunderstanding ki aisi taisi. 🀒

You failed in communicating your message properly.

You failed in communicating how it was about woman making decisions for herself instead of society dictating her.

Congratulations your campaign is in media studies curricula as a case study on epic communication failure. πŸ‘

Introspect your method of communicating instead of questioning understanding of thousands of people. Even if you don't, fine. It's your choice.

And choice of those who reject your work if they don't like it.

BTW nice picture. πŸ˜‰
The video backfired, Homi and Deepika has become a huge joke and thanks to his wife, is vogue magazine a big fat joke now also.
Busy doing damage control now after realizing how wrong and flawed the video is, the video is not male bashing and sexist because it is not targeted to liberal men but those who have old thinking

REALLY MR. HOMI REALLY? IF THOSE ARE YOUR TARGET THEN DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT THROUGH VOGUE AND YOUTUBE THIS VIDEO OF YOURS WILL REACH THOSE MEN WITH OLD THINKING πŸ€£

Edited by Meherbaan - 8 years ago
such a  sanskaari piccha of deepu hehe  and homi is such a joker .Join circus dude
Edited by PaapiGudia - 8 years ago