Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Lol Atominis, get your own kids, bring them up being 'vigilant' and whatever you speak of before you judge parental supervision. Just because you have your idealized, perfect version of parenting, doesn't give you any right to generalize and blame parents on the basis of that. But you will obviously keep doing that lol.
Do you even know any people who have been molested as children? I do and lack of parental supervision is hardly the point of concern. Funnily enough, instead of sympathizing with the victim or talking about how society makes it hard for women or a family with a girl child to believe in anyone, you're taking the discussion into a different tangent altogether. And after all this, you're surprised why nobody else is agreeing with you? :P Like you said, not that I expect anything better. :P Also funny that you speak of this being a NRI forum because I live in India and have worked with a rape crisis centre for a couple of months. Education is the point here. For both parents and kids but this idea of parents should know better and be vigilant all the time because they don't trust anyone just dehumanizes the entire society as a whole. When you have to be suspicious of everyone to be safe in a society, a massive awareness is needed. Not parental supervision. They can't hide you forever. Also the "locking your daughters" was an analogy, clearly you are too literal. 
😆
Keep shouting about everything else than the basic problem though. Feel free to continue fighting lol. I literally cannot be bothered. :P 
Edited by Star_girl - 9 years ago
Interesting . Some parents try but have no time show affection for kids . So Kids try to find alternate solution. Like they start watching the Television and believe me there is some messed up stuff on there 😆😆
atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: Star_girl

Lol Atominis, get your own kids, bring them up being 'vigilant' and whatever you speak of before you judge parental supervision. Just because your parents may have done something, doesn't give you any right to generalize and blame parents on the basis of that. But you will obviously keep doing that lol.

Do you even know any people who have been molested as children? I do and lack of parental supervision is hardly the point of concern. Funnily enough, instead of sympathizing with the victim or talking about how society makes it hard for women or a family with a girl child to believe in anyone, you're taking the discussion into a different tangent altogether. And after all this, you're surprised why nobody else is agreeing with you? :P Like you said, not that I expect anything better. :P Also funny that you speak of this being a NRI forum because I live in India and have worked with a rape crisis centre for a couple of months. Education is the point here. For both parents and kids but this idea of parents should know better and be vigilant all the time because they don't trust anyone just dehumanizes the entire society as a whole. When you have to be suspicious of everyone to be safe in a society, a massive awareness is needed. Not parental supervision. They can't hide you forever. Also the "locking your daughters" was an analogy, clearly you are too literal.
😆
Keep shouting about everything else than the basic problem though. Feel free to continue fighting lol. I literally cannot be bothered. :P

Leave it.

Who said there was no issue like shame and fear associated with sexual abuse?

Again making things up? 😆

LOL @ no one else agreeing with me! ðŸĪŠ As if agreement in an entertainment forum means anything substantial!

The way people talk here is enough indication of how seriously to take responses here in a Bollywood gossip forum infested by America waasis.

I will take it seriously provided one gives responses other than calling others stupid, or questioning where they live.

I am not bothered either about a post like yours if you think parents have no role.

You are calling me names but are yourself putting words in my mouth.

Where did I say parents should suspect everyone? So much for dehumanising society!

You keep name calling and keep twisting words as you please.

You're obviously reading my posts your way and adding/subtracting, twisting my words.

Funny you're busy mocking others instead of discussing the real issue (which you feel is being neglected).

Keep mocking. Do post something more substantial instead of bashing only one member's post. I would love to read it. After all, a proper debate makes better sense than lame mocking.
Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
@atomonis . A lot of kids grow up thinking when an adult touches you in a certain, it's perfectly normal. They won't discover this until later there are certain limits how an adult are not supposed to touch you. It's horrid when they do find out they are victim of sexual abuse.. Parents will put full trust on some people when it comes to supervision of their children. Some kids are too scared too speak about it. They feel ashamed of themselves. They will feel like dirt and will have no where to turn thinking they are just going to judged harshly. A lot of parents will have no clue in a lot of cases what is going behind close doors. I am appalled you think all NRIS have some sort of vendetta against Indian culture. Do you know anyone of us? How can you put a some kind of tag on us? Edited by siberianpigeon - 9 years ago
atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: siberianpigeon

@atomonis . A lot of kids grow up thinking when an adult touches you in a certain, it's perfectly normal. They won't discover this until later there are certain limits how an adult are not supposed to touch you. It's horrid when they do find out they are victim of sexual abuse.. Parents will put full trust on some people when it comes to supervision of their children. Some kids are too scared too speak about it. They feel ashamed of themselves. They will feel like dirt and will have no where to turn thinking they are just going to judged harshly. A lot of parents will have no clue in a lot of cases what is going behind close doors. I am appalled you think all NRIS have some sort of vendetta against Indian culture. Do you know anyone of us? How can you put a some kind of tag on us?

I know about that!

This is why I said kids should be taught about good touch and bad touch the way workshops by NGOs like Childline do. And they did give message to parents on this in SMJ episode of CSA as well. So that's why I talked about parents.

Frankly those parents are naive who think they can entrust kid with anyone. Nowadays many cases of child abuse are surfacing. It is better to be vigilant and think twice about who you trust. Recently, a case came up about a babysitter using the kid to beg after her parents left for work, and used to put the kid back in place before they returned home. The parents didn't have any idea about it but came to know only after a colleague saw the kid being used to beg at a traffic signal!
Therefore I am not blaming but making a general point on parents' responsibility. If you still think it doesn't matter or it is like ignoring or muzzling the real issue then so be it.
Awareness and responsibility are crucial for parents since the child is too young to know about the real issues and their ramifications.

I don't see what's so laughable about bringing up parents' or guardians' role here!

And I am tagging NRIs only after seeing them generalise India and Indians at drop of a hat, laughing and mocking at where they live. Kindly consider following previous pages first, before jumping to conclusions. Thanks.
atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: Piranhas

Atonmis is always spewing hatred on nri's. Always saying unfair things without basis. Brainless idiot. Spoilt the EHT forum with her bitchiness and negativity now doing the same thing hete. Should return to her wormhole now. High time. Just trying to get popularity here by posting things. Maa baap koi hai nahi iske lagta hai. Wasted life.

Very good. [=D>]

Didn't know you have been stalking me from other forums. Evident whose life is actually a waste.

Illyrion thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Atominis,
If you are referring to me I was not generalizing about "all Indians", you were generalizing about "all parents" being aware of any disturbances or negative things in their children's lives and if they weren't then they were "disconnected" and pathetic. I think if you really believe that you live in Fantasy Land not India.Edited by Nova19 - 9 years ago
atominis thumbnail

Originally posted by: Nova19

Atominis,
If you are referring to me I was not generalizing about "all Indians", you were generalizing about "all parents" being aware of any disturbances or negative things in their children's lives and if they weren't then they were "disconnected" and pathetic. I think if you really believe that you live in Fantasy Land not India.

I am not saying "all" parents are "always" aware. But those who are not, are in a way, disconnected. They cannot be absolved of any questioning on their role as parents if things go wrong and if their own child does not trust them enough to share anything with them.

I am not living in a fantasy land. In discussing the role of parents or guardians I am not implying all "are" like that. Though they "ought to be" because no one else is really this closely related to a child. There's a reason why SMJ episode on CSA was addressed to parents and not random people!

I hope my point is clear now.
--Pro.vo.King-- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

@ AllBlacks1

I see what you are getting at , you want to know the age of that "someone" to make proper sense of "allowed" & ''extent of harm" , isnt it ? .. fair enough , its not an entirely invalid point.. however , Kalki's previous interview ( havnt been through it yet , just saw the link in this thread & i saw the words " i was abused" ) seem to suggest that she was indeed violated , so its safe to assume that it was someone older & it most probably wasnt a case of kids playing "doctor,doctor" with each other .. even so , what we know for a fact is that she felt abused..and it wouldnt harm to keep a proper check on things like "doctor,doctor" where two juveniles are involved in which case none can be held accountable per se but a lot of things could go wrong there too..     

I do not think that the use of word "allowed" (when she was actually abused) was wrong in any sense & i have already given you reasons for why i think so.. i also do not believe that not divulging the precise age of that "someone" is irresponsible , though it certainly left a lot of things to assumptions , but 'irresponsible' is a big & harsh word to use here..talking about these things is already hard as it is & on a public platform may be Kalki was only focused on bringing the issue into limelight which could in turn help many who are struggling with the same issue..    

@ atominis

First things first , yes i do agree that parents have a huge, in fact ,the most prominent/important role to play when it comes to their children's safety & well being .. however , what baffles me is that most of your posts ( except the last one) seem to ignore the fact that most parents aren't aware of just how to deal with issues of child sex abuse .. you keep talking about good touch-bad touch which is all well n good , but how many parents do you think actively discuss such things with their children ?.. most parents find it easier to believe that such things wont happen to their children, so there needs to be someone to tell these parents that the easiest way out is not the best way out , which is exactly what Kalki is doing by bringing these issues into limelight & spreading awareness.. havnt you heard of or seen  cases where children actually do find a bit of courage to drop hints to their parents but parents act dismissive of such things & these are the parents whose world revolves around their children..no i am not absolving such parents of their irresponsibility , in fact when they find out what their irresponsibility meant to their child who was abused , they will forever carry that guilt , however what i am trying to do here is acknowledge the ignorance of parents..your initial posts in this thread seemed to suggest that every parent is automatically well equipped to deal with such issues since errr , they are parents & they ought to do it.. well yes , they ought to do it , but for that they need to be aware & be prepared to tackle such situations in best possible way.. believing that everybody knows of these things & knows exactly how to tackle these issues sounds like a flawed hyperbole to me.. (also ,just FYI- not an NRI here, pakka RI ðŸ˜†)

Moreover , i do feel that the whole NRI argument was totally unnecessary here ..i do not think anyone here was bashing India (unlike most of IF threads 😆) but to each his own..   
Edited by Mighty-Zeus - 9 years ago
Petal_Pose thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: atominis

I know about that!

This is why I said kids should be taught about good touch and bad touch the way workshops by NGOs like Childline do. And they did give message to parents on this in SMJ episode of CSA as well. So that's why I talked about parents.

Frankly those parents are naive who think they can entrust kid with anyone. Nowadays many cases of child abuse are surfacing. It is better to be vigilant and think twice about who you trust. Recently, a case came up about a babysitter using the kid to beg after her parents left for work, and used to put the kid back in place before they returned home. The parents didn't have any idea about it but came to know only after a colleague saw the kid being used to beg at a traffic signal!
Therefore I am not blaming but making a general point on parents' responsibility. If you still think it doesn't matter or it is like ignoring or muzzling the real issue then so be it.
Awareness and responsibility are crucial for parents since the child is too young to know about the real issues and their ramifications.

I don't see what's so laughable about bringing up parents' or guardians' role here!

And I am tagging NRIs only after seeing them generalise India and Indians at drop of a hat, laughing and mocking at where they live. Kindly consider following previous pages first, before jumping to conclusions. Thanks.

atonomis I am not a parent. I am too young to be one . Without knowing them or being their shoes, we cannot put a generalization on it. We cannot  just stereotype and put them in a category of bad parenting.  The Dusky case was one of the major scandal that hit U.S. in recent times where young boys were being molested by a sick phedo. Their parents did not know about it until later. This does not give me the right to jump on a conclusion and blame the parents. It does not give me the write to question their parenting without knowing all the information. I cannot level them bad parents . I have no right to do that. They had entrusted their faith in a coach who betrayed them. Yes,there are parents who know what's going but still refuse to speak about it. They keep quiet. For those situation than, I feel i can question a parent. It's a sad world. Child molestation leaves a scar for life. It just sickening there are so many pedophiles in this world.Your post seems to suggest parents have the proper mechanism dealing with these situations and if they don't, they are a bad parent.

No, it seems you are always tagging and stereotyping people who do not agree with you. 

B forum is full of interesting people as always proven . :D  

Edited by siberianpigeon - 9 years ago