Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: seemarao2

I feel ashamed to be an Indian after reading ur comment.Ms . Pinto is absolutely right in labelling india as one of the most racist countries in the world

Nothing indian about this.. it applies to anyone..anywhere if one doesnt want to be politically correct!!! its just one of those realities... one has to live with!!!
Mean.Girl thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
why do people judge some one by colour??
If she is fair she is a beauty if she is tanned she is sexy..
Why is looks such an important factor?? Why not talent, intellectuality and personality??  
BirdieNumNum thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: --MISANTHROPIST

Why is looks such an important factor?? Why not talent, intellectuality and personality??  

because we dont make love to an IQ. 😆We also do not hire an einstein when we are looking for a receptionist or cabin crew. I am sure einstein had a smart IQ, but can you see him as a sweet looking receptionist?😆 In a lot of client facing roles, looks and personality are important,...

also, why would it be any fairer to evaluate people on the basis of talent and intelligence, and not looks? These can also be in-born, same as looks... You can work hard to stay fit and look good. same as how you work hard on your skills to become talented. So why exclude good looks from the equation? 

but you know, i think that if people have it, they are happy that someone obsesses over them. If they dont have it, they gripe over people obsessing over that attribute.

by the way, i dont believe either white or black is very attractive. Fair to brown works... In fact fair is generally more attractive than brown, same as a tall guy is more imposing than an average height guy. Some things about biology we cant change, and its silly trying to pretend them away.😊  
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

its not important... it just appeals to our basic instincts.. we are wired that way... all of us humans!!

The others are not measurable.. or dont have a direct appeal... it takes to get those traits...!!

Remember it takes talent and  intellect to identify a beauty.. based on looks..by your id looks ike you hate entire humanity beautiful , intellectual or otherwise ...😆
Edited by qwertyesque - 9 years ago
.mOSAIc. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
I don't agree with Pinto here. It's really not the case in India that I have been into. People around me are never into the complexions and all. But as ideologies do differ, there may be few who believe in skin colour but most don't. If it were so, then SRK, Ajay Devgan, Kajol, Deepika, Rajnikant, Rani Mukherjee...and the list goes on and on, would have never got the kind of fame that they have.

And beauty lies in expression and demeanor. Physically, everyone is beautiful but it;s the internal being that matters and if it's pure, the person is definitely a beauty to die for.

And yeah, never to forget, this discrimination came from west only. History is the witness, for sure. Remember Nelson Mandela's fight for self and fellows???
Mean.Girl thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

by the way, i dont believe either white or black is very attractive. Fair to brown works... In fact fair is generally more attractive than brown, same as a tall guy is more imposing than an average height guy. 

I agree with u on a few points but not in these two..
If white were generally more attractive then dark skinned women would not have counted as a classic beauties.  

If tall guys are counted as handsome Tom Cruise and Salman Khan would not have been counted in the handsome list.

This white skin obsession is a weird thing.

Girls want to be fair - birth of products like fair and lovely- people gt affected by commercial and run after fair skin. 

Mean.Girl thumbnail
I believe in, beauty is in the eyes of beholder..

For a few people scale of beauty is skin colour. That is why racism still exist. History witnessed so many fights cause of racism. 
not.here thumbnail

Originally posted by: BirdieNumNum

because we dont make love to an IQ. 😆We also do not hire an einstein when we are looking for a receptionist or cabin crew. I am sure einstein had a smart IQ, but can you see him as a sweet looking receptionist?😆 In a lot of client facing roles, looks and personality are important,...

also, why would it be any fairer to evaluate people on the basis of talent and intelligence, and not looks? These can also be in-born, same as looks... You can work hard to stay fit and look good. same as how you work hard on your skills to become talented. So why exclude good looks from the equation? 

but you know, i think that if people have it, they are happy that someone obsesses over them. If they dont have it, they gripe over people obsessing over that attribute.

by the way, i dont believe either white or black is very attractive. Fair to brown works... In fact fair is generally more attractive than brown, same as a tall guy is more imposing than an average height guy. Some things about biology we cant change, and its silly trying to pretend them away.😊  

I would say I agree that some things we can not biologically change. But I don't think it is silly to see if you can take out discrimination based on looks. It is in our nature like qwerty above put it to be partial to 'beautiful', 'symmetrical' and 'lighter' skin tones for whatever reasons. However for those of us who have below average looks and whatnot, it is something we have to live everyday of our lives with. That we don't fit the ideal or average.

Edited by AryaDrayCoByrne - 9 years ago
...Diala... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ..Himani..

I don't agree with Pinto here. It's really not the case in India that I have been into. People around me are never into the complexions and all. But as ideologies do differ, there may be few who believe in skin colour but most don't. If it were so, then SRK, Ajay Devgan, Kajol, Deepika, Rajnikant, Rani Mukherjee...and the list goes on and on, would have never got the kind of fame that they have.

not to counter you.. just saying.. in the list u gave, except Rajini, all are fair skinned according to people who live in the southern part of India ðŸ˜†
tasha001 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I believe in, beauty is in the eyes of beholder..

</div>

<div>For a few people scale of beauty is skin colour. That is why racism still exist. History witnessed so many fights cause of racism.

Same here
It's way too primitive to judge people on basis of the skin colour
Our beauty lie deep within our soul rather than skin
A person should be beautiful within inside
We all say ,hear this
But did we ever thought how many actually believe this
At once they judge people on their colour
But that's not only with Indian people it's kind of global