Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

iMini thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago
Everyone has their own taste.
To me a skin which screams good health is beautiful.
I don't think Freida Pinto would have looked more beautiful if she was fairer,or Preity Zinta less beautiful if she was darker.Edited by iMini - 9 years ago
seemarao2 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: qwertyesque

Fair is appealing... not every dusky gal is has the same appeal... freida looks wierd for reasons other than just her dusky texture!!! Fair rules for gals.

I feel ashamed to be an Indian after reading ur comment.Ms . Pinto is absolutely right in labelling india as one of the most racist countries in the world
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Indians are obsessed with fair white skin colour! 
I hate to se ppl around me segregate on basis of color!
not.here thumbnail

I wonder how you term 'fair' because really pale skinned Nordic and albino people who have no melanin whatsoever would not be treated the same as the lighter brown pigmented women - would they? Would they be considered beautiful in India or not?

Also I wonder what connotations fair even holds. Fair gives hardly any indication of colour other than the obvious 'white' and 'black' tags that are wrong anyways. Is it linked to the beautiful is good theory?

I also feel for people who have pigmentation problem because of course if a normal healthy darker skinned woman is not accepted as being beautiful then I dare think they would not either.

The amount of lookism (yes that is real, I learnt it recently) spread around the world is truly extraordinary!
Deus_Vult thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
All  blame  goes  to  the  fairness   products  like  Fair & Lovley  which  makes  adds  that  sounds  like  "If  you  have  a  fair  skin  then  only  you  will  be  accepted   by  the  society "
not.here thumbnail

Originally posted by: Addicted2SanZ

All  blame  goes  to  the  fairness   products  like  Fair & Lovley  which  makes  adds  that  sounds  like  "If  you  have  a  fair  skin  then  only  you  will  be  accepted   by  the  society "

They are being bought by people though. They found a market to sell and people to sell to so they will advertise in ways to make more people buy it. One of the biggest insecurities people have are their looks. Also you can not ignore that people are treated differently according to their looks which is quite sad.
tasha001 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
That depend on everyone one will
Maybe it's in Indian genes to be obsessed with lighter skin tone
And maybe it's in Westerner 😆 genes that they kinda like darker skin
And maybe it's in human genes to hate what they have 😆
not.here thumbnail

Originally posted by: tasha001

That depend on everyone one will
Maybe it's in Indian genes to be obsessed with lighter skin tone
And maybe it's in Westerner 😆 genes that they kinda like darker skin
And maybe it's in human genes to hate what they have 😆

That would not be a bad way to think but the discrimination that is built up on it is hard to ignore.
tasha001 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AryaDrayCoByrne

That would not be a bad way to think but the discrimination that is built up on it is hard to ignore.

Ya that's kinda true
Deus_Vult thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AryaDrayCoByrne

They are being bought by people though. They found a market to sell and people to sell to so they will advertise in ways to make more people buy it. One of the biggest insecurities people have are their looks. Also you can not ignore that people are treated differently according to their looks which is quite sad.

I  agree  with  you  about  people  being  treated  differently  because  of  their  looks ... like   b/w south  Indians   and  North  Indians  because  of  thier  skin  tone  or  Northeastern  people   because  of  their  chineese  looks