Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shonasandy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 9 years ago
Thanks Jo For this Info.

Hope this new system is accurate & good.

aaliah3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
thanks for the article dear Joe! 

UFF!!! 
Should I do a havan or something to pray the results to be genuine, I am scared that if this also gives us the same results then there shall be nothing that can redeem Indian TV. It is in pits and it will just go further down the tunnel ! 

Joseph_A thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: aaliah3108

thanks for the article dear Joe! 

UFF!!! 
Should I do a havan or something to pray the results to be genuine, I am scared that if this also gives us the same results then there shall be nothing that can redeem Indian TV. It is in pits and it will just go further down the tunnel ! 

Subh-Shubh bolo Aaliah...πŸ˜†This New TRP system is our last hope. 😭
aaliah3108 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Joseph_A

Subh-Shubh bolo Aaliah...πŸ˜†This New TRP system is our last hope. 😭

hey Joe !! relax dear ...even I am praying for this last ray of hope !! πŸ˜ƒ
May be all will be well, isn't it dear ? 

_ResHma_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Well happy for finally having a new TRP system. Hopes are high. ANd now waiting for Sanaya's show to see if the system really works
Joseph_A thumbnail

Originally posted by: aaliah3108

hey Joe !! relax dear ...even I am praying for this last ray of hope !! πŸ˜ƒ
May be all will be well, isn't it dear ? 

That's why desperately waiting for 1st TRP Chart of this new system. 😊 But,I am little disappointed because they are still not  recording DTH-STB viwership data. If,My DTH provider knows abt my daily watching shows list then,why our opinion is not imp for Viewership measurement ?

Let's see...Umeed pe duniya qayam hai... 😳

spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Joseph_A

That's why desperately waiting for 1st TRP Chart of this new system. 😊 But,I am little disappointed because they are still not  recording DTH-STB viwership data. If,My DTH provider knows abt my daily watching shows list then,why our opinion is not imp for Viewership measurement ?

Let's see...Umeed pe duniya qayam hai... 😳

Didn't they mention DTH in one article?! πŸ˜•

Shreya
Joseph_A thumbnail

Originally posted by: spate22

Didn't they mention DTH in one article?! πŸ˜•

Shreya

Where?? I didn't read it. I was expecting DTH platform addition in this system because,It was proposed before. But,In this article they are only talking about some Indian assembled meters. πŸ˜•
spate22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Here, Joe! It was posted in Sanaya's new show discussion thread! 
Posted by RoadsideRomeo! 

BARC to replace TAM as a new TV rating system 

From tomorrow onwards the Indian broadcast and media industry will witness a major change with the introduction of a new audience measurement system.

BARC-Broadcast Audience Research Council India (backed by the Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF), Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI), and Indian Society of Advertisers (ISA)) will roll out its ratings this month. That means, it's all set to replace 15- year-old TAM Media, which has dominated the TV ratings space for several years.

According to our sources, "Most of the broadcasters' are not happy with the
way data was collected. TAM subscriptions of Viacom18 and TV18 will expire today(March 31, 2015) and if sources are to be believed, they have decided not to extend their subscriptions. Also Star TV India, Zee Network, Discovery India, Star Sports, India TV & NDTV India are amongst broadcasters who have also sent in their termination letters to TAM India. Now quite a few broadcasters and advertising agencies have signed up for BARC and have not renewed their contracts with TAM."

TAM has been mired in controversies for some time has earned flak for having only about 10,000 people-metres to measure television viewing in the country. The new system aims to start operations with at least 20,000 people metres to provide deeper measurement of television viewing habits in the country.

BARC is very different from the existing system owned by Television Audience Measurement (TAM), and will capture data about TV content consumed through any form of distribution, be it terrestrial, DTH, analog cable, digital cable or digital.

-K Himaanshu Shukla.
Joseph_A thumbnail

Originally posted by: spate22

Here, Joe! It was posted in Sanaya's new show discussion thread! 

Posted by RoadsideRomeo! 

BARC to replace TAM as a new TV rating system 

From tomorrow onwards the Indian broadcast and media industry will witness a major change with the introduction of a new audience measurement system.

BARC-Broadcast Audience Research Council India (backed by the Indian Broadcasting Foundation (IBF), Advertising Agencies Association of India (AAAI), and Indian Society of Advertisers (ISA)) will roll out its ratings this month. That means, it's all set to replace 15- year-old TAM Media, which has dominated the TV ratings space for several years.

According to our sources, "Most of the broadcasters' are not happy with the
way data was collected. TAM subscriptions of Viacom18 and TV18 will expire today(March 31, 2015) and if sources are to be believed, they have decided not to extend their subscriptions. Also Star TV India, Zee Network, Discovery India, Star Sports, India TV & NDTV India are amongst broadcasters who have also sent in their termination letters to TAM India. Now quite a few broadcasters and advertising agencies have signed up for BARC and have not renewed their contracts with TAM."

TAM has been mired in controversies for some time has earned flak for having only about 10,000 people-metres to measure television viewing in the country. The new system aims to start operations with at least 20,000 people metres to provide deeper measurement of television viewing habits in the country.

BARC is very different from the existing system owned by Television Audience Measurement (TAM), and will capture data about TV content consumed through any form of distribution, be it terrestrial, DTH, analog cable, digital cable or digital.

-K Himaanshu Shukla.

Thanks Shreya for sharing this Article here. I didn't see this article before.

@ Bold : Here,they are telling abt BARC meter capacity. Its means BARC Meter can record these platforms Data too but,Million dollar question is...where will we get this Meter?? πŸ˜•