Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

adventurousman thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: Mamta.s

Akshaye Khanna did not live up to his talent unfortunately. He was seen in a string of  good movies where he performed well enough to join the league of Bollywood's best actors.

Dil Chahta Hai
Taal
Border
Hulchul
Aakrosh
Race
& many others but the one that stands out for me is  'Gandhi my Father' where he gave one of the finest performances of a career gone astray. 
He is a sensitive actor and one hopes he will get back to entertain sooner rather than later.

how come saif got ahead and he didn't? His career was also not doing so well before dil chahta hain, somehow he got kal ho na ho and then humtum and bam, there he was

akshay also got leading roles but don't know what went wrong. Maybe not enough PR? not hanging out with them, making connections?
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

I know!!!! Me too!!!! I would totally have gone on her too just for the layers in her personality & her priceless face. 

Yes most men were bonkers about her!!! Akshaye Khanna was totally keen on marrying her but obviously she wasn't. Career + he wasn't good enough for her, family wise & every other way, am sure. 

Hanging out is fine, but these 2 had a brief affair I heard. Sanjay Dutt was very taken in by her too, just as a woman. So was Zayed Khan, SRK, oh God sooo many!! ๐Ÿ˜†

She had a big crush on SRK &'even admitted as such. "If he was single, I would've pursued SRK." Ash always strikes me to the woman who sits adoringly , pricelessly in a corner, and wraps all the men on her finger. They think they're the ones wooing her & feel blessed to be given the opportunity to do so, but it is her actually, who is making them woo her. ๐Ÿ˜†

I remember that. She had the biggest crush on him. I think almost all of his heroines do, he's such a charmer. Plus, he's very touchy-feely with them. I def think she would have hooked up with him if he wasn't taken. And I feel like maybe he would too if he wasn't so smitten and in love with his wife back in the day. 

I hoenstly never knew about the others. I remember reading once that Jackie Shroff didn't really like her. He thought she was too robotic and over-rated. Plus, she and Manisha had this media tiff and he took Manisha's side. Clearly, his opinion of her changed post-Albela (OMG! That wrecthed movied). ๐Ÿ˜†
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
^ yes even I thought he would have. I find it hard to believe that these 2 didn't hook up during Devdas. Doesn't matter if SRK was in love with Gauri back in the day, r-ships are common as salt in BW esp during what are called "outdoors". When everyone is away from Bombay.
Ya JS didn't like her also b/c she was his close friend Manisha's rival.  Don't blame M, she did steal Manisha's bf away. Lol
DriftInfinitely thumbnail
I asked the same question months ago and looks like people still have no real answers. ๐Ÿ˜†
Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I think he plays a better romantic than Amir, SRK and Salman, at least in the 90s

I watched Taal recently, and he looked like such a genuine romantic. Can see it in his expressions solely. He didn't have any of the nuances that the regular Khans do, but he still made such a massive impact.

Like damn, I'd LOVE marrying Manav from Taal lol
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I miss him too! One of the most natural actors we've had, loved him in Taal, Gandhi My Father, Mere Baap Pehle Aap, Hungama, Hulchul, Dil Chahta Hai and of course him playing villain roles i.e. Race and Humraaz.

Both him and Rahul are very very dishy ;)

Originally posted by: ruky786

I miss him too! One of the most natural actors we've had, loved him in Taal, Gandhi My Father, Mere Baap Pehle Aap, Hungama, Hulchul, Dil Chahta Hai and of course him playing villain roles i.e. Race and Humraaz.

Both him and Rahul are very very dishy ;)

Raaahul khannaaa! I love him. Love him. Have you seen The Americans? You should. Really really good! 
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Chippeshwini

I think he plays a better romantic than Amir, SRK and Salman, at least in the 90s

I watched Taal recently, and he looked like such a genuine romantic. Can see it in his expressions solely. He didn't have any of the nuances that the regular Khans do, but he still made such a massive impact.

Like damn, I'd LOVE marrying Manav from Taal lol

I know right! I would LOVE to marry Manav from Taal. There was something so sincere, so real about his character & Akshaye played it so naturally. 
That movie & his chemistry with Aish in that film is so underrated. They were beautiful together. Gives me the feels every time I watch it, even till today๐Ÿ˜ƒ
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

^ yes even I thought he would have. I find it hard to believe that these 2 didn't hook up during Devdas. Doesn't matter if SRK was in love with Gauri back in the day, r-ships are common as salt in BW esp during what are called "outdoors". When everyone is away from Bombay.

Ya JS didn't like her also b/c she was his close friend Manisha's rival.  Don't blame M, she did steal Manisha's bf away. Lol

That BF was so fugly...I'll never understand why they fought over him. ๐Ÿ˜†

Yeah but he's chill now. JS and Anil were always so protective over their leading ladies, especially Madhuri. 

I find it hard too. But he really really seemed committed to Gauri back then. Plus, I never really saw Aish as the home-wrecker type. I think she ahd a crush and let it die down b/c of how she was raised. Her parents are pretty orthodox no?
^yes her parents are, but all their parents are. LOL. BW corrupts everyone soul into a deep shade of black.

That said, Ash is one of the rare few "good girls". She did sleep around a lot but nowhere near as much her position entailed or if she wanted to. It was all about her Career for her. She's always always been immensely ambitious yet has a certain set of principles which are seen as Principles in BW. Highly attractive quality!! She doesn't do any of that today after marriage, not that it matters or I judge her but it sort of redeems my faith in BW a tiny bit , lot of actresses still do, just ask Madhuri.

Oh that's b/c they both had a thing for Madhuri & had rollicking affairs with her esp Anil, Lol!!!