Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rogerrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 9 years ago

Originally posted by: .krackjack.

This is so random, but NC once higlighted some portions of an interview, which said Katrina was considered for DP's role in CE. 😆

I think it was PR cos i doubt she was considered for the film but i don put it past Bollywood to cast her as a Southie 😆  Aloo din look that authentic in 2 States either..They should have gone for DP or Asin IMO but then again, she was appreciated & the film was a hit, so all is well 😆

This is so random, but NC once higlighted some portions of an interview, which said Katrina was considered for DP's role in CE. 😆

Kab? I think, mine was -- DP was considered for Dhoom:3.

TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I just found the link but funnily it was pointed out by rogerrocks only. Don't know why I assumed it was NC. 😆

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4295015

@rr : Alia looked really good in 2 states ya. I liked her. And Asin, no way! She looks real bad in hindi movies. I cant stand her. 😆 Sad, because I really really liked her once upon a time and thought she was one of the best actresses.Edited by .krackjack. - 9 years ago
rogerrocks thumbnail

I just found the link but funnily it was pointed out by rogerrocks only. Don't know why I assumed it was NC. 😆

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4295015

@rr : Alia looked really good in 2 states ya. I liked her. And Asin, no way! She looks real bad in hindi movies. I cant stand her. 😆 Sad, because I really really liked her once upon a time and thought she was one of the best actresses.

I don like Asin either but am just saying she would have looked more authentic as a Southie..Alia looked good though..Infact thats the best she has looked till date..But the first time i read the book, i could actually imagine Ranbir & DP playing Krish & Ananya  ( a younger SRK would have been perfect too)  😆
Edited by rogerrocks - 9 years ago
touch_of_pink thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: NailClipper

😆 Is he really weeping? 

Not sure. That particular news channel is known to exaggerate. ðŸ˜†
touch_of_pink thumbnail

Originally posted by: NailClipper

They could have cast other Y-Film boys.. Taha Shah or Saqeeb. But I guess they wanted a boy who's salable: Someone's son/nephew/brother. 

I think, Anu's was a real audition. Remember the host saying this in an MTV show. No idea if Shanoo was their casting director those days. 

For Ishaqzaade? Taha or Saqeeb look too sweet/cute for the role of Parma. Arjun looks more like the gunda/lafunga type, I think he did fit the role well.

I love Saqib though. He's probably the best thing to have come out of Y-films. 

touch_of_pink thumbnail

Originally posted by: rogerrocks

I don like Asin either but am just saying she would have looked more authentic as a Southie..Alia looked good though..Infact thats the best she has looked till date..But the first time i read the book, i could actually imagine Ranbir & DP playing Krish & Ananya  ( a younger SRK would have been perfect too)  😆

I imagined Ranbir and Asin. Then threw a tantrum when I heard Karan convinced Sajid and Chetan that Alia should play Ananya. Needless to say I had to swallow my words because she ended up being one of the best things about the film for me. ðŸ˜†
rogerrocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: touch_of_pink

I imagined Ranbir and Asin. Then threw a tantrum when I heard Karan convinced Sajid and Chetan that Alia should play Ananya. Needless to say I had to swallow my words because she ended up being one of the best things about the film for me. ðŸ˜†

Haha same here..I was aghast that they could even think of casting Arjun & Alia in this film 😆  But then, like you said, Alia did a good job..Arjun actually fit the role of Krish in a way, its just that he should have put in a lil more effort & acted better..
Edited by rogerrocks - 9 years ago
touch_of_pink thumbnail

The leads of Kai po che and Shahid were casted by Mukesh Chhabra. He did a splendid job in GoW as well. Like really kickass. Not to forget Chillar party. 😆

Coming to Ranveer, he auditioned a lot for BBB, I guess. I remember watching a video where he said, he was auditioned for so many weeks. I don't know how this audition process works but even Kavi Shastri said he was auditioned for many weeks continuously before he got finalised for Rishta.com. Actors launched by YRF are usually good actors. As in, they do a decent job in their first movie.

Not only the leads, I feel the supporting cast of YRF films are also very good.
TheekThaak thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Now I feel sad for myself. 'Coz I kinda imagined Bhagat only. I felt weird while reading it, because it was like a casual autobiography with intimate details. Couldn't help it. 😆