Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Errantnomad thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Idlis and ideologies

"How would you be if u had to abandon something?" she asked still carefully avoiding eye contact

"Work or personal?" he asked hoping it would startle her

"Umm" she said... "Uh.. Umm ofcourse work" she said concealing her reaction cleverly.

He was beginning to debate between truths, half truths and harmless lies, when it came to her... he had three bins now... but went for the truth bin

"If I love something immensely I wud definitely give it a lot of thought before abandoning it" he said,

"Even for you is it definitely easier to give up before u take on the challenge or experience a thing ?" "Or do u grieve the loss of opportunity like some people do? (she classified herself as "some people" to distance herself from the lost opportunity of starting her own company??)

"I don't give up II, I do it if I want to"

He never grieved... if he wanted to do something he did it... there was no lost opportunities in his life thus far... he overrode family dissent very easily, he lived life on his own terms

"do u love Paris?" she asked suddenly changing topic

"I do" he said

I am just going to put this in context of him wanting to give up his shares and continue to work out of Paris.
He cryptically states if he loves something, he would give it a thought before abandoning it. He says he doesn't give up if he wants to do it. He never grieved as there are no lost opportunities for him. He has lived life on his terms thus far overriden family.

There is so much to explore here. Paris is both work and personal. Would he be able to abandon it ?? Would he even want too if we go by his statement of not giving up if he wants to do something . He has overridden his family but his family now includes his wife too,a career oriented ,ambitious one at that and therefore the playing field changes.
He loves Paris, he is himself here but would he grieve if he abandons Paris to work out of india as his base . Would he see this as his lost opportunity if he is the one who has to let go here!!. It's too intriguing and there are so many volatile moving parts. Or will his wife start something on her own.
You peeled a layer off her and let us know that she wanted to do something on her own too. Should we look at it as grounds for change??.
This is really intriguing but I will wait for the answers as you lay out it whenever appropriate.
Theirs is a love marriage but they begin as if they were to in an arranged one. They are warming up and beginning to feel the need to get attuned to each other's thought processes .

Leaving a plush job to work for non profitable charities is a double edged sword. Few are not able to thrive in cut throat competitive work atmosphere, and the stress gets to them, I know atleast a couple who couldn't handle it, they were fortunate enough to have inherited money , so went ahead to do something for NGO's. In this case, even their wives were not convinced. Their peers snigger that the charity initiative was also because of stress management issues..not all look at it positively
Of the two I am talking about , I feel one has found his calling, and the other one I feel, is just pretending that he has found his calling!! Then there are some who truly start out fresh off the block to do something for the society Each to their own!!

I was wondering if I should go ahead and post this , honeymoon la kabab mein haddi type post. Apologies folks.

Errantnomad thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ashu25

Errant,...You please be careful...be a miser now to save your number of comments🀣
I know how you must be feeling when a hot discussion is going on and you feel itchy to reply but IF closes down your request😑😑

Can't begin to tell you my woes with IF today. There r restrictions to pm too, 6 I think . But I am able to post now , 24 hrs is over .I hv 7 more left for tomorrow. Will use it judiciously .
Good night and rise bright is the motto.
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Errantnomad

Can't begin to tell you my woes with IF today. There r restrictions to pm too, 6 I think . But I am able to post now , 24 hrs is over .I hv 7 more left for tomorrow. Will use it judiciously .
Good night and rise bright is the motto.

Pm pe bhi restrictions hai ab πŸ˜•πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
Hmm...I just hope these restrictions are gone soon and you engage with us guilt free πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
Gunnite!!!
harshita27 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Are we getting another one tonight?
Ashu25 thumbnail

Originally posted by: harshita27

Are we getting another one tonight?

In most probability, YES πŸ˜ƒ
Ashu25 thumbnail
Getting??? 
Why do I see we not getting an update πŸ˜•πŸ˜•
Yeh thread bhi khatam hone ko aa raha hai 
Author sahiba shayad so gayi hain πŸ˜­
Edited by Ashu25 - 9 years ago
blue5sky thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
CUTe!!!
Loved the M.A.C googled the song perfect for N.to strum his lute indeed!

Kitna generous bandha hai RnB 100Eu and a cart load of Eyeshadows...😳
Loving the honeymoon...

Haven't read the rest of the replies...More later folks..

Arya1991 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Nisha0604

I MIGHT write another chhotu fun part...
I am ridding my brain of negative thoughts and channeling happy thoughts... a part of me was afraid to post to tell u guys the truth I thought

"What if sending make up means he doesnt like her AS SHE IS, he is a sexist bas***d, he is chauvinist, so must be a abuser as well, he is forcing her to look pretty for him and dress up for him he is arrogant, and so he is oppressive and so he is abusing her"

What if it got interpreted like the above?

Nope. Not a chance of that.
Coz it was preceded by her longingly looking at the LED display. 
And. A zillion little moments of care that he showed.
As I said earlier... He's as human as any of us. He's got insecurities.. It's the first time we get to see this side of him...
But he loves her fiesty, independent nature(even if he doesn't acknowledge that in a typical fashion)... And that came across beautifully in almost every moment of this chapter.

A man who's so caring and amazing and sweet and adorable... Can't be an abusive/sexist/chauvinist bas***d.

Not to forget the sexism at work argument they had.
ishruhi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
was wondering what if II heard that someine was imposing R charges against her rakshasan...she would hav killd that person for sure...
taara113 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This guy is becoming more adorable by the day...i knw he likes hot but this was so cute...