Frequent Posters

swaram thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: TanjoreGirl

just done with my practice
here is the response so we have a closure for when she plans to stop

Hey Anu

No didnt mean to make u cry at all. I just threw it out there in case people want to jump off the band wagon they can.

NOW

Or whenever,

no pressure... This is a great way for me to spend free time, so I plan to continue... if I was unemployed or scoring Fs in college or if my kids were malnourished I would quit. None of the aboveπŸ˜† SO NO ISSUES. I am no Jane Austen yaar, this is completely random and time pass, so YES I shall continue, more than the story the discussions and fun we have is irreplaceable.
FOR THAT reason alone I cant end itπŸ˜ƒ

Maybe when our kids are married, or your daughter find her R&B and you get busy with wedding prepπŸ˜‰

P.S. Sorry wasted a lot of time looking for "II" on YT so off to write the next part🀣
Is II aur R&B ne dimaag ka dahi bana diya haiπŸ˜†

Goody good! That's more like it!πŸ‘πŸΌ 

Anu, is this a classical dance and do you teach ?
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nividances

I read all the chapters I missed. Unfortunately I was unable to go through the beautiful comments and reviews that everyone posts but that would have been over 400 pages * 8 comments/page = 3600 posts to read...a bit too much. I was so in the zone of reading each chapter that I didn't stop to write comments. But here are my collective thoughts for threads 6-8. I will post individual reviews for thread 9 chapters a little bit later. πŸ˜Š

Hair twirling fetish; it's not just limited to fictional R&B. πŸ˜³ Make what you want of that. πŸ˜‰

Yes, there is ALWAYS a scapegoat in every family; one who will always be taken advantage of by the rest, whether he/she likes it or not. 

They say you should always think happy thoughts for yourself and those around you. After all, you never know when one of those 3 million+ Gods and Goddesses up there will say "thathastu." There are events that have occurred in my own life that seem nothing less than the product of a "thathastu." πŸ˜Š

I never knew they actually give the "birds and bees" talk like this in India. To be honest I never thought about it, but I guess that people must get it at some point given the rate of population growth. Are the jokes by the aunties really so explicit though? In the last few years I have only managed to graze the surface of the wedding festivities under crazy jet-lag, so suffice to say that anything like this would have gone over my head even if I had heard it. πŸ˜†

The updates of the wedding events and rituals were fabulous. I'm not at all familiar with South Indian wedding rituals beyond the little of what I have seen in movies and on TV so thank you for giving such detailed and informative descriptions of everything. Beautiful visuals of the bride and groom, as well as the chaos of the wedding guests surrounding them. πŸ˜Š

It's eerie, borderline scary sometimes, how there are many bits and pieces of this story that are so true to life. At points, I think even II and R&B don't seem to be fictional. I know you have said Nisha that a girl like II would probably have married Sree and would have been learning to drive once she got settled in the Bay Area. I know you have said that a guy like R&B would probably be wasting away under the influences of alcohol/drugs, not caring a damn about his dad's scandal. But why? I am honestly surprised sometimes by the curveballs that life throws at us and I don't think it's that unlikely for a real II and R&B to exist somewhere in the 7 billion+ people on this Earth. I would call myself a silent observer (I can be talkative too, but only with those whom I know really closely) and since I began reading this story I have noticed myself catching onto traits of random strangers that remind me of something that R&B, II, Bally, Vandu, Amma, Appa, Ranjan, Sam, Tan, Manny, Mihir, etc have done or said.

For me, this story is addictive solely because of it's relatability Nisha. I don't connect to every word of every chapter, but there is something small in every single chapter that I can relate to, which helps put the rest of it into a new perspective. I hope all of that made sense; I just typed out what came to mind. πŸ˜Š

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Aap aaye bahaar aayi, you are key member of this team, you have no idea how many evenings I would refresh while on the treadmill at 7 PST and hope ur review had appeared

MONDAY SE MERI MAUJ HAI😳😳
nividances thumbnail
I seem to be hijacking this thread now to make up for my absence but last post for today, I promise. πŸ˜›πŸ˜Š

An ode inspired by the newly married couple:

Ek ishaara maanga tha
Bahaara mil gaya
Ek jhalak chahiye thi
Pura nazaara mil gaya
Ek pal churaana tha
Zindagi bhar ka lamha mil gaya
Voh ankahi muraad thi
Jo aaj puri ho gayi
Jeevit toh the kal bhi
Par aaj jeene ka sahaara mil gaya
swathi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Nish !
Waiting for the nalangu now πŸ˜Š
nividances thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nisha0604

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Aap aaye bahaar aayi, you are key member of this team, you have no idea how many evenings I would refresh while on the treadmill at 7 PST and hope ur review had appeared

MONDAY SE MERI MAUJ HAI😳😳

πŸ€— 
swaram thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: nividances

I seem to be hijacking this thread now to make up for my absence but last post for today, I promise. πŸ˜›πŸ˜Š

An ode inspired by the newly married couple:

Ek ishaara maanga tha
Bahaara mil gaya
Ek jhalak chahiye thi
Pura nazaara mil gaya
Ek pal churaana tha
Zindagi bhar ka lamha mil gaya
Voh ankahi muraad thi
Jo aaj puri ho gayi
Jeevit toh the kal bhi
Par aaj jeene ka sahaara mil gaya

That's absolutely soulful Nivi. I loved the one you had posted before also. You really have a gift! 

And I totally agree about what you say abt this story connecting with us in so many ways, small or big. That's what is so delectable about her writing, its as though we have seen this before, heard it before and been there!
TheSunShine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
"So is this an apology?
"Nice try, we will talk about "things" when we get home"
That is one more thing I will look forward to.😳
Hsp.canada thumbnail
Any clues on update time?  Isn't there one usually around this time? 
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: swaram

Goody good! That's more like it!πŸ‘πŸΌ 

Anu, is this a classical dance and do you teach ?

No no this is folk dance type like this time we have picked some old Tamil songs  . I am like II learnt Carnatic and my daughter learns it now πŸ˜ƒ
TanjoreGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hsp.canada

Any clues on update time?  Isn't there one usually around this time? 

Me too wiating